Hp Afa President Resigns

Sep 13, 2005
Under fire, union chief resigns post

The call for a federal mediator in contract talks comes at the same time the union is undergoing a leadership change.
Bill Lehman, president of the America West unit of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, resigned Monday. A small group of flight attendants had recently begun an effort to recall him for what they called unethical behavior and poor leadership in preparation for the merger with US Airways.
Lehman has not commented publicly on the recall effort and did not return calls about his resignation. Flight attendants who support him said the recall was initiated by supporters of the former president, whom Lehman beat out in elections this year.
Lehman took office in July but had been a union officer for many years. A new president has not been named.

As per the AFA bylaws the AFA66 vice president Gary Richardson will become the new MEC president and Mary Cost sec/tres will become the new vice president. No elections have been scheduled for replacement officers..

The full story is Gary will become President, Mary will become VP and Sec/Treas. There is to be an election for a new VP at which time Mary will go back to being **only** Sec/Treas.

JumpSeatConfessions said:
Under fire, union chief resigns post

The call for a federal mediator in contract talks comes at the same time the union is undergoing a leadership change.
Bill Lehman, president of the America West unit of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, resigned Monday. A small group of flight attendants had recently begun an effort to recall him for what they called unethical behavior and poor leadership in preparation for the merger with US Airways.
Lehman has not commented publicly on the recall effort and did not return calls about his resignation. Flight attendants who support him said the recall was initiated by supporters of the former president, whom Lehman beat out in elections this year.
Lehman took office in July but had been a union officer for many years. A new president has not been named.
[post="300452"][/post]​

Anyone know what Bill supposedly did?

diogenes said:
hp fa,

Does Richardson represent your interests, or can the company influence him?
[post="300728"][/post]​

Pardon me, but that is an insulting question.

HPGUY said:
Anyone know what Bill supposedly did?
[post="300737"][/post]​
Here is a web site that was establish by the group that started the recall:
Union Ethics

Peronal opinion on this one....he deserve what he got, I have seen the way he truly is and knew one day it would catch upi to him.

Gary is a great person and will a do a good job in representing the FA's.

No offense intended, hp fa.

The former U MECP was a great fa advocate. She was sabotaged by internal AFA politics and possible collusion by a management hostile to labor in general and the MECP in particular. She was replaced with a team more malleable by management.

I freely admit zero insight into HP goings-on.

But in light of a team hostile to labor, and now taking up residence in Tempe, and considering the upcoming melding of U/HP fa's, it is a fair question to ask if the same dynamic played out at HP.

First, I hope Richardson is a great fa advocate.

Second, I know all of y'all respect Parker. No disrespect, but I'll reserve judgement until I see some results post merger.

Call it 'just-call-me-Dave' syndrome.

diogenes said:
No offense intended, hp fa.

The former U MECP was a great fa advocate. She was sabotaged by internal AFA politics and possible collusion by a management hostile to labor in general and the MECP in particular. She was replaced with a team more malleable by management.

I freely admit zero insight into HP goings-on.

[post="300871"][/post]​

OK, apology accepted with that explanation.

Frankly, I agree with you regarding the U FA situation. I would have been far less unhappy knowing Teddy would have been all of our MEC President. From what I have seen of the PHL and CLT pair, I don't feel so well.

As for Gary, he is a decent and hardworking fellow who has worked very hard as our Grievance Chair before being elected VP. I trust him and the fact that he will do all he can on behalf of Local 66.

I'm glad to hear your opinion of Richardson, and I appreciate your answer.

Employees need all the help they can get!

diogenes said:
hp fa,

Does Richardson represent your interests, or can the company influence him?
[post="300728"][/post]​
Gary very trustworthy. If he disagrees with you, he asks you to educate him to see your point of view. He does not dismiss you, or your views.

He previously held chaired the Insurance and Retirement committee, and I think he still chairs the Grievance Committee.

It was far better that BL resign than face a recall. His last day is 9/30

Latest posts