Hp Trip Value Question

Rumor has it that the majority of America West trips are high time, i.e. "4 days are worth 25:00 hours and 3 days worth 20:00 hours". This would be a great improvement here at US if it is true. Can any one confirm or diffuse this rumor for us. The discussion came up again today and I thought that I would use this board to try and get an idea if there were any positive changes coming to the East coast.
Thanks for any insight!

B707B said:
Rumor has it that the majority of America West trips are high time, i.e. "4 days are worth 25:00 hours and 3 days worth 20:00 hours". This would be a great improvement here at US if it is true. Can any one confirm or diffuse this rumor for us. The discussion came up again today and I thought that I would use this board to try and get an idea if there were any positive changes coming to the East coast.
Thanks for any insight!
[post="287104"][/post]​

Depends on the line. I've worked a 4 day worth 28 credits, but it is a bit of a challenge. You work a bunch of legs and short overnights. lots of turns almost like Southwest. (I've noticed lately that alot of the pairings are starting to look like Southwest, lots of legs!!! As you know, WN utilizes their crews and they work them) . Seems our internationals go very senior like Costa Rica. They are 3 days worth 11.00 credits 'cause they have long layovers and they are easy to drop. Average 3 days are like between 16.00 to 18.00 credits, but I've seen some that are 15.00.

Our average 4 day trips are between 19.11 to 28 credits.

B707B said:
Thanks! Assuming that a "credit" is the same as a "block hour" then we can look forward to some improvements in that area. I appreciate the prompt and informative response.
[post="287148"][/post]​

Yes. Credit is the same as Block Hour. What is your average 2 day, 3 day and 4 day trip worth? I prefer to work high credit ones too, so I can have more days off.

The average 2 day is worth 10:00, 3 day = 15:00, and 4 day= 20:00. They used to be a lot better but the last contract change lowered their value substantially. Looking forward to getting on with this thing. Thanks.

Our three day trips seem to be getting better, but I won't do them unless they are over 17 credits. I'll do two days back to back before I do low credit three days. I like my days off , but the bid for next month from what I hear isn't so pretty, I'm on my way to check it out now!! :cop:

There is a 4 day in CLT/75D Sept pairings worth "12:56" ----with "6:50 DH"----when SW opened in PHL ---a former PSA capt showed his old buddie ---the SW KPHL station manager--who also was the LAS station manger for PSA---- the trip pairing he was flying the SW station manager made a crack"if you folks ever get your flying under control and productive you will be tough". Well it aint happened yet.

B707B said:
The average 2 day is worth 10:00, 3 day = 15:00, and 4 day= 20:00. They used to be a lot better but the last contract change lowered their value substantially. Looking forward to getting on with this thing. Thanks.
[post="287196"][/post]​
An average of 5 credits per day is what we expect. Anything over that is considered high yield, under is low yield.
Some trips, you can get this avg credit by working one or two legs a day. Obviously more desireable. Other trips have 4, 5 legs a day for the same credit.
3 day trips are becoming an endangered species.

LUV2FLYHIGH said:
Our three day trips seem to be getting better, but I won't do them unless they are over 17 credits. I'll do two days back to back before I do low credit three days. I like my days off , but the bid for next month from what I hear isn't so pretty, I'm on my way to check it out now!! :cop:
[post="287244"][/post]​
The September HP bid is another ugly one. If you like high yield 3 days, they're scarce. A lot of 2day trips back to back. :down: I think every one prefers driving to work once a week :up:

Latest posts

Back