Hp Flying.

Do you mean F/As? Or cabin/FD?
FAs stay together unless someone autos out of a turn or is partial sick, they would be replaced by a reserve.
Sometimes if an entire 3 or 4 day trip is open, they may use 2 or more reserves to cover it.

Rarely do FD/cabin stay together unless its 757 2day.

I don't think I've seen a 3day under 15.
For Sept. I have 2 that are 15+ and one that is 17+.
But 3day lines are much fewer than 4days or 2day back-to-backs.

desertgal said:
Do you mean F/As? Or cabin/FD?
FAs stay together unless someone autos out of a turn or is partial sick, they would be replaced by a reserve.
Sometimes if an entire 3 or 4 day trip is open, they may use 2 or more reserves to cover it.

Rarely do FD/cabin stay together unless its 757 2day.

I don't think I've seen a 3day under 15.
For Sept. I have 2 that are 15+ and one that is 17+.
But 3day lines are much fewer than 4days or 2day back-to-backs.
[post="292899"][/post]​
yah, crew scheduling-bid line design insists 4 day trips are more effecient, yet can't figure out why sick calls spike when there are fewer 3 days and more 4 days. And those 4 day trips are usually worth less or the same as a high yield 3 day.

I'm currently on reserve in PHX. A few months ago I had a ton of long overnights ie 30+Vancouver 30+Omaha etc. In one four day span I flew 4 legs. I think scheduling realized line holders just call in sick for them, the next month there were a lot less long layovers.

HPpilot said:
I'm currently on reserve in PHX. A few months ago I had a ton of long overnights ie 30+Vancouver 30+Omaha etc. In one four day span I flew 4 legs. I think scheduling realized line holders just call in sick for them, the next month there were a lot less long layovers.
[post="292905"][/post]​

Well, I am sure that different people want different things. I for one enjoy long layovers in good places and some just want to get their time in and go home. My advise would be to construct lines of flying that will benefit everyone.

desertgal said:
LOL!!
I don't even know what BGI, YUL, and BDA are!!
I think YUL=Montreal.
[post="292861"][/post]​

Right about YUL. Great city....a little chilly in January, though! BGI is Barbados and BDA is Bermuda. The fact that we even have overnights in BDA now simply amazes me. For years it was never anything but a turn, and it's not that long a flight from either CLT or PHL.

Okay, permit me to reminisce for just a minute. Seeing all these trip pairing routings and talking about long days and crappy layovers makes me think nostalgically back to the late 80s at Piedmont. I remember in CLT we had a 4-day trip on the 767 that was sooooo sweet.

Day 1: CLT-LAX
Day 2: LAX-BWI
Day 3: BWI-SFO
Day 4: SFO-CLT

How I ever managed to pick that up a couple of times is beyond me. Must've been all that good, clean livin' I was doing. ;) As you can imagine, the F/As that held that trip as their line for a whole month had served coffee to the Wright Brothers at Kitty Hawk!

Ahhh, the good old days. <snap> Okay, back to the reality of 2005!!

tahitigirl said:
WOW!!! The only 3 day that we have that pays more than 18hrs is FRA.
[post="292882"][/post]​
It is not uncommon to have 18+ hour 3 day trips in BOS. This month we have quite a few.

I heard that HP has overnights that arrive at say 6am and overnight for like 14hrs and leave at 8pm same day...
Is this true?

1L1R2L2R said:
I heard that HP has overnights that arrive at say 6am and overnight for like 14hrs and leave at 8pm same day...
Is this true?
[post="293622"][/post]​

Yes.

1L1R2L2R said:
Is this true?
[post="293622"][/post]​

Yes. I know alot of seniors who do them 'cause alot are high credits and no meals.

We also have trips that are called flip-flops with long layovers. You arrive in a city say NYC at 6am and have like 26 hou layover, then you leave the following day at like 9am.

Now my question to the US F/As. Is it true that you don't position bid ?

At America West, we have position bidding. When we do our bids, we can put the position that we want to work. First, 2nd, 3rd etc. When we get our lines, we work the position that we are awarded unless we voluntarily switch with another F/A. (There is no bumping even if a more senior F/A picks up a trip from our line and wants our position) I worked 3rd alot and even if the most senior F/A picks up the 1st or 2nd position trip in my line, she or he cannot bump me since it was my original awarded line. We also have what is called "Buddy Bidding", so we can fly with our friends. I have heard that at US Air, you don't know what your position is going to be until you check in and F/As bump each other out of their positions all the time. Is this true?

Sorry, can't help on the block holder q&a. If you have any questions about reserve pass them along. (I have 7 years experience and at least 10 more wonderful years to go! LOL)

A Couple more questions....

1. What is the staffing level on your 75?

2. Do you serve hot meals in coach?

3. Do you show movies on your flights?

4. Do you sell the pringles etc...?

Thanks.

skd said:
A Couple more questions....

1. What is the staffing level on your 75?

4 f/a

2. Do you serve hot meals in coach?

The only coach hot meals are on the flights to Europe.

3. Do you show movies on your flights?

Yes on long haul.

4. Do you sell the pringles etc...?

Yes, on transcon. for $3.

Thanks.
[post="294174"][/post]​