Hp Flying.

Travelpro72 said:
I was thinking the same exact thing about the trip pairings in the future. I know I have spoke to a few f/a's that said back in the day they would fly the md-80 PIT-MCI-LAX then fly up and down the west coast then back to the east. The two days you flew over there was crazy because you were on east coast time. It was hard. So I wonder if they will mix the trips around a bit. As long as you are flying on your respective a/c from your company I don't see what would prevent the schedules being built that way. That would create a huge amount of possibilities for schedulers to get creative. Hmmmmm.
[post="292854"][/post]​
My thoughts exactly travelpro72. We have Airbus/757 and 737. They at HP do as well. Mix the trips up a bit and let the crews get a taste of some diffrent flying. I really would like to be in YVR,PDX and ABQ. Im sure they would like to layover in BGI,YUL,BDA.

AL-PS-PI-AW said:
My thoughts exactly travelpro72. We have Airbus/757 and 737. They at HP do as well. Mix the trips up a bit and let the crews get a taste of some diffrent flying. I really would like to be in YVR,PDX and ABQ. Im sure they would like to layover in BGI,YUL,BDA.
[post="292859"][/post]​

LOL!!
I don't even know what BGI, YUL, and BDA are!!
I think YUL=Montreal.

desertgal said:
LOL!!
I don't even know what BGI, YUL, and BDA are!!
I think YUL=Montreal.
[post="292861"][/post]​
Cmon desertgal...im sure youd love BGI!! BARBADOS!! What a wonderful place. Great layover when flying with friends. Right now I think the BOS base is flying most of that.

AL-PS-PI-AW said:
[post="292859"][/post]​

Hey don't forget SYR, BNA,CHS... LOL :up:

AL-PS-PI-AW said:
Thanks for the input PHX-FA!!
Now my next question is about what flying will be like after the merge takes place this October. We are all aware that come OCT there will be a fence around PHX and LAS for US crews and around PIT/CLT/PHL/DCA/LGA/BOS for HP crews.
Here at US, its not uncommon for a PHL crew to fly flights that go in and out of the CLT base(ex. PHL-BOS-CLT-FLL). Its just part of our pairings. We are not based here, we just fly through.
So come OCT and later on while the fence is up, can say US PHL based crews work a trip like..PHL-PHX-LAX,PIT-LAS-OAK? HP Crews can fly say PHX-CLT-BDL,LAS-BOS-FLL. Just curious what the pairings are gonna start looking like come later in the year.
[post="292847"][/post]​
the only answer I have for that is only if it's on a US a/c for you, and only if it's on an HP a/c for me. Other than that, I have no idea.

AL-PS-PI-AW said:
Cmon desertgal...im sure youd love BGI!! BARBADOS!! What a wonderful place. Great layover when flying with friends. Right now I think the BOS base is flying most of that.
[post="292864"][/post]​

<------see the parrot drankin a 'rita?
You are right! I would love a BGI l/o!

I would say our 'nicest' l/os would be long SEA, long SFO, long NYC (EWR/JFK use same hotel). The long LAX is a good location, but a dumpy hotel.
Some really like YVR, but I hate all the additional customs BS w/no additional intl pay.
The Hawaii's will be 30hrs, is the rumor I heard.

desertgal said:
<------see the parrot drankin a 'rita?
You are right! I would love a BGI l/o!

I would say our 'nicest' l/os would be long SEA, long SFO, long NYC (EWR/JFK use same hotel). The long LAX is a good location, but a dumpy hotel.
Some really like YVR, but I hate all the additional customs BS w/no additional intl pay.
The Hawaii's will be 30hrs, is the rumor I heard.
[post="292869"][/post]​
Don't forget long San Diego!

Ok, sure it's great having a nice layover but what really counts is where you can go on your days off! Its pretty easy go to the islands since we fly to so many, and Europe isn't half bad. But I sure am looking forward to Hawaii!!!!

here's a look at a redacted pairing to see what you would have to do to get a long Seattle layover.

day 1
PHX SLC 1.37cr
SLC PHX 1.38cr
PHX DCA 4.20cr
day one credit=7.35 duty=10.17 DCA layover=12.09

day 2
DCA LAS 5.01cr
LAS SEA 2.37cr
day two credit=7.38 duty=9.28 SEA layover=17.18

day 3
SEA LAS 2.24cr
LAS PHX 1.09cr
day three credit=3.33 duty=5.20

CREDIT HRS. 18.46 BLK. HRS. 18.46 LDGS: 7 TAFB 54.32

I know we do share some common hotels like LAS and LAX (long). If I were a betting person, I would think that we would stick with most of US hotels if they are overnights for HP as well. We have some crappy hotels and I am sure they are cheap. :D

PHX-F/A said:
here's a look at a redacted pairing to see what you would have to do to get a long Seattle layover.

day 1
PHX SLC 1.37cr
SLC PHX 1.38cr
PHX DCA 4.20cr
day one credit=7.35 duty=10.17 DCA layover=12.09

day 2
DCA LAS 5.01cr
LAS SEA 2.37cr
day two credit=7.38 duty=9.28 SEA layover=17.18

day 3
SEA LAS 2.24cr
LAS PHX 1.09cr
day three credit=3.33 duty=5.20

CREDIT HRS. 18.46 BLK. HRS. 18.46 LDGS: 7 TAFB 54.32
[post="292877"][/post]​

WOW!!! The only 3 day that we have that pays more than 18hrs is FRA.

desertgal said:
Do we still have a 'long' there? How long?
But we lost the really nice long hotel.
[post="292872"][/post]​
Some friends had one 3 weeks ago. It was one of those "onlys" because of transition.

But it was 18 hours. A 757 trip.

tahitigirl said:
WOW!!! The only 3 day that we have that pays more than 18hrs is FRA.
[post="292882"][/post]​
I also found a three day worth 20.22 it's a PHX-ORD. 1 leg home in PHX on third day by 09:22

PHX-F/A said:
I also found a three day worth 20.22 it's a PHX-ORD. 1 leg home in PHX on third day by 09:22
[post="292886"][/post]​

We are lucky if we get 15hrs for a 3day.

Do you guys stage crews or do stay together for the whole trip?