Hp Flying.

skd said:
A Couple more questions....

1. What is the staffing level on your 75?

2. Do you serve hot meals in coach?

3. Do you show movies on your flights?

4. Do you sell the pringles etc...?

Thanks.
[post="294174"][/post]​

Sorry, this question was intended for an HP crew member...

1L1R2L2R said:
I heard that HP has overnights that arrive at say 6am and overnight for like 14hrs and leave at 8pm same day...
Is this true?
[post="293622"][/post]​
Yes! If it's a longer layover, say 24-32 hours, we call it a flip-flop. Going from nights to days. You really mess with your body clock. And it's domestic flying!

FlyUs said:
US discontinues pretzels on Sep 1. Will HP do the same?
[post="294227"][/post]​
I have'nt seen any info to suggest that HP will drop "tidbits" . In fact I the cycle just changed from Honey Roasted Peanuts to Mini Pretzels. I have noticed that LAS is quadruple packing the tidbits on the beverage carts. Every drawer has two 25-packs sitting on top of the cans.

Optimist said:
Now my question to the US F/As. Is it true that you don't position bid ?

At America West, we have position bidding. When we do our bids, we can put the position that we want to work. First, 2nd, 3rd etc. When we get our lines, we work the position that we are awarded unless we voluntarily switch with another F/A. (There is no bumping even if a more senior F/A picks up a trip from our line and wants our position)  I worked 3rd alot and even if the most senior F/A picks up the 1st or 2nd position trip in my line, she or he cannot bump me since it was my original awarded line. We also have what is called "Buddy Bidding", so we can fly with our friends.  I have heard that at US Air, you don't know what your position is going to be until you check in and F/As bump each other out of their positions all the time. Is this true?
[post="294153"][/post]​

Yes, blockholders bid their monthly schedules by position. And, like you, even if a F/A senior to you picks up the trip they can't bump you out of your bid position. Where the bumping does come into play is when you pick up a trip from open time or from SAP (Scheduling Adjustment Period....a convoluted process whereby you can rearrange...or at least attempt to rearrange....your schedule in advance. It's complicated and has only been around maybe 4 years and still not fully understood by many F/As!).

So, let's say you have a 3-day trip on Wednesday-Friday that you don't want to fly and you want to work a 3-day on Tuesday-Thursday instead. On Monday, you go on what we call the "bidsheet" and pick up a 3-day 757 trip, which has 4 F/As. When you originate that trip the next day, there is only one of the F/As who is on the trip because it was their block trip and they kept it. You and the other 2 F/As all picked it up from open time on the bidsheet....or even a month before from SAP. None of you can bump that F/A out of his/her position, even if all three of you are senior to him/her. However, between the 3 of you, seniority rules. Most senior gets their choice, then so on down the line.