I love Wal-mart

Well dude....while about $130 per paycheck of mine goes towards my share of my company paid insurance plan...and they are taking out taxes for Walmarts insurance plan...I kind of think it's a bit on the unfair side. How do we pay for socialized medicine? How about we just divert the employee paid portion of their current health care plans over to the government? I mean, it's all insurance...right?

Seriously,you would actually be for turning over your health and well being to government control?That is funny guy....I mean it.

And if you have to payout $130 per paycheck...ever stop and think the Health industry is at fault here?
Check out on COSTCO what a 'script would cost you w/o health nsurance and then check one the Canadian sites....
its all about greed.Cure the greed and cure the healthcare crisis...Dude for President :lol: .

And remember..while those stoned and drunk freeloaders are taking advantage of our system, there's another Walmart exec buying a baseball team (David Glass - former CEO of Walmart and owner of the Kansas City Royals)with his bonus money he "earned" by pawning off their corporate health care to the government - then demanding tax abatements because they "bring jobs" to communities....jobs that place further demands on the taxpayers who have to fund their "health care program".
Yeah...looks like the officials you/me elected are giving away the farm....so much for getting involved,huh? ;)

Cure the greed and cure the healthcare crisis...

and then

Yeah...looks like the officials you/me elected are giving away the farm....so much for getting involved,huh? ;)
Trouble is - the greed runs rampant in the pharmacutical industry AND our elected leaders. You don't want the government running a medical plan for you, but you've got no problem with the government protecting the pharmacuticals. Try bringing some scripts of any drug over from Canada. But those Canadians are pretty lucky...not only do they have cheap drugs - but every Canadian has health care.

FWIW, I was on a cruise a couple of years ago and there happened to be a rather large group of Canadians on board. I talked about their health care with them... I mean I heard all the stories about people waiting years for surgery or Canadians flocking across the border to go to a US doctor. They just laughed.

You don't want the government running a medical plan for you, but you've got no problem with the government protecting the pharmacuticals.

Don't quite remember anything about that....

Why would I agree to protecting phamacueticals when they are cheaper everywhere except here?

"The first reason I love Wal-mart is their low prices. "

That is till your sweet little'ol job is outsourced and replaced by the same slaves in China that make those "cheap" items you love so much at Walmart.

It's a vicious cycle. People think short term. It's called instant gratification. A powerful tool in the marketing business. People like cheap...till it knocks on their door, and poof! You are unemployed and can't even afford "Walmart Cheap". Who's fault is it then? Walmart's or the suckers that supported the loss of their own jobs?

Keep shopping your way out of a job...

"The first reason I love Wal-mart is their low prices. "

That is till your sweet little'ol job is outsourced and replaced by the same slaves in China that make those "cheap" items you love so much at Walmart.

It's a vicious cycle. People think short term. It's called instant gratification. A powerful tool in the marketing business. People like cheap...till it knocks on their door, and poof! You are unemployed and can't even afford "Walmart Cheap". Who's fault is it then? Walmart's or the suckers that supported the loss of their own jobs?

Keep shopping your way out of a job...

Wow. That was way oversimplified. Take an economics class and learn about "comparitive advantage". In any case, the Chinese "slaves" are no threat to my job.

Wow. That was way oversimplified. Take an economics class and learn about "comparitive advantage". In any case, the Chinese "slaves" are no threat to my job.

yeah, that's what many accountants, computer programmers and call center reps thought when they threw blue collar workers under the bus.

Karma happens.

yeah, that's what many accountants, computer programmers and call center reps thought when they threw blue collar workers under the bus.

Karma happens.

Really telling though is the reaction ( well, the corporate media's paraphrasing of anyway ) of the victims of white collar layoffs. It really wasn't/isn't "...Maybe we were too shortsighted to see that our cavalier attitude of allowing manufacturing employees thrown under the bus would eventually affect us...". It was/is more like "It shouldn't happen to us...we're too skilled/beautiful/important to the US social fabric etc. for this to happen...It was OK when it happened to them" ( uttered with slight overtones of what I would call affectionate contempt ). Which is fine until you realize those policy makers are very whimsical about just what constitutes "skill", and just which skills and which jobs the US need. Cuts both ways you know. Heck it was such a major paradigm shift, they actually had to coin a new term for it to differentiate themselves, lay-off just didn't have the right sound: It had to be white collar layoffs. Un/under employed Joe lunchbox didn't feel their crocodile tears; It was more like a crocodile fart.