I too would like to thank the FA''s

AA70

Apr 15, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Thank you NO Voters.......

Thank you for potentially costing thousands more in job losses.
Thank you for potentially putting the pilots and mechanics pensions at higher risk for liquidation.
Thank you for potentially letting a judge dictate exactly what is going to happen to everyone.
Thank you for potentially wiping out the company''s stock.
Do you really think that a bk judge is going to give you furlough pay? Quit it.
I''m not saying that AA would not have ever filed Bk but if all the unions ratified and they still filed...then the employees would have done what they could to prevent it.
If you, and I mean any of you not just fa''s think that you would be better off in bk you are seriously insane. I see alot of you comparing your deals with United''s. Here''s a newsflash for you, you don''t work for United, different people manage the two airlines. Do you really think that a judge is going to give you the exact contract that united got? I doubt it.
You guys are so worried about managements pay cuts that you end up voting with your emotions rather than rational thought. If you wanted to make alot of money, you should have went to college and got a bachelors or masters in business admin and became an exec. instead you went to spartan and became a mechanic, or went wherever you go to learn to be a f/a, I assume the foreign language and first responder school, but then #### and moan because someone else makes more than you and isn''t taking such a cut. Crap runs downhill. The boss never takes the hits that the employees take. Everyone knows that airlines are not brimming with job security, they never have been.
Some of these posts on here I can not even believe people are writing. They are the most selfish things I have ever read. I won''t mention any names but some can evidently use a dictionary and the cut and paste feature on their PC and others just go on and on and on about how they can''t live on 30 bucks an hour. Guess what, you''ll be living on a lot less than 30 bucks an hour in bk. Well I''m getting off my soapbox now but just to let you know, I do not work for AA, my spouse does and we are not topped out, we also chose to vote yes, although the t/a wasn''t the greatest offer ever seen, you don''t cut off your nose to spite your face. And next time I am on a plane, I can get up and get my own coffee.

AA70, IT''s called "PRINCIPLE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APFA voted(just like your spouse)
"APFA VOTED NO"

Now these "A-H''s"(AA management) want a re-vote with the hope of "mabey" getting a yes vote

AA70, DO NOT, I REPEAT, "DO NOT" INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE(OR YOUR''S) BY TRYING TO TELL ME THAT MANAGEMENT WOULD"VE ALLOWED A RE=VOTE, IF APFA HAD VOTED YES.

"THEY DID"NT" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS APFA
NH/BB''s

ummm, Cindy?

Is your spouse an AA pilot? I believe AA70 flies to HNL from DFW...correct me if I''m wrong.

If so, his T/A is way different from ours. Especially the lack of "Underfly".

He may very well have to learn how to get his own coffee, sorry to be a witch.

I will not tolerate another workgroup engaging in MGMT tactics to influence my vote.

Coop

just sounded like whining to me. Vote no and BK for sure Vote yes and maybe not

if we continue with the current contract is what Ernst and Young meant. If we get concessions we have a chance. But if you as a majority want to vote no than see you in court and watch the judge give it to the apfa with no lube

----------------
On 4/15/2003 10:46:08 PM AA70 wrote:

nope, not a pilot. and i don''t mean to instill mgmt tactics. i am just writing what my personal opinion is.

----------------​

Trying to use intellect and reason to argue right now is pointless. There is WAAY too much emotion flying around right now. Of course, when someone actually injects reason and intellect into a discussion around here, it usually ends.

Let''s wait and see what happens. We will all have plenty of time to discuss this rationally, either when we all get back to work with all our union brethren, or while we are waiting in the unemployment line with all our union brethren.

TANSTAAFL

Please, unless your husband is an F/A don''t judge.

If every group takes a beating because the F/As voted "NO" who do you think is responsible?

How long has your husband been at AA?

I doubt your hubby is F/A because of your derogatory F/A remarks but you couldn''t say that about AA63...could you?

You may only view us as "coffee, tea, or me" but on 11Sept our jobs changed irrevocably.

I will never forget that, you probably shouldn''t either.

Coop

p.s. waitressing is more money and less of a terrorism-risk. I love what I do but I also know what I''m worth.

Bears, at least get your facts straight.

AA was more than prepared to live with APFA''s initial vote. APFA asked for more time.

What are you so worried about with this? If today''s vote was as representative as you believe it to be, then it will be just as representative tomorrow as well.

----------------
On 4/15/2003 11:23:57 PM A77IGW wrote:

Exactly what is unfair

----------------​

Doh! Did you just read Mike''s post? I think he summed it up very well. Read it and you''ll have your answer.

----------------
On 4/15/2003 11:34:05 PM A77IGW wrote:

just sounded like whining to me. Vote no and BK for sure Vote yes and maybe not

----------------​
Ernst and Young say other wise. - AMR Corp.''s independent auditor raised doubt about the company''s ability to continue as a going concern, according to a U.S. regulator filing on Tuesday by the parent company of American Airlines.

The concern was raised in a letter dated March 31 by Ernst & Young LLP and disclosed in AMR''s annual financial statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission

----------------
On 4/15/2003 10:19:15 PM AA70 wrote:

Thank you "NO Voters".......

Thank you for potentially costing thousands more in job losses.
----------------​
APFA and the flight attendants are not cutting jobs AA is. They have successfully convinced you we are the problem. Not the broken fare structure. Not the over capacity, and the vanity that AA has by not cutting back when are where warranted. Simply because they are afraid someone else will come in and lose money on the same route.
----------------
Thank you for potentially putting the pilots and mechanics pensions at higher risk for liquidation.
----------------​
We are at no higher a risk today with pension loss, than we will be tomorrow or that we were a week ago. The only people who can't get a 100% pension from the PBGC are the pilots. The three to five million that the A fund B fund payout in lump sum. The only pension any one else stands to lose is what they give away in negotiations.
----------------

Thank you for potentially letting a judge dictate exactly what is going to happen to everyone.
----------------​
Management did that by going in and not negotiating fairly. By dictating unlivable work rules. Changing language and intent in contract language after the fact. Everyone will have an opportunity to negotiate further with AA in the BK court. A judge will only rule if an agreement cannot be reached between any of the groups.

----------------
Thank you for potentially wiping out the company's stock.

----------------​
AA's mismanagement has done wonders for the value of the stock. Ultimately BK will wipe out the value, not the employees.

----------------

Do you really think that a bk judge is going to give you furlough pay? Quit it.
----------------​
No, has anyone other than yourself even said that? The judge will only rule on the motions before him.

----------------

I'm not saying that AA would not have ever filed Bk but if all the unions ratified and they still filed...then the employees would have done what they could to prevent it.
If you, and I mean any of you not just fa's think that you would be better off in bk you are seriously insane.
----------------​
Well, AA has hinted at it repeatedly. There accounts are saying its all but sure. So to say we wont be visiting a court sooner rather than later is down right foolish.

----------------
I see alot of you comparing your deals with United's. Here's a newsflash for you, you don't work for United, different people manage the two airlines. Do you really think that a judge is going to give you the exact contract that united got? I doubt it.
----------------​

No, we do not work for UAL. I also hope I dont get the same crappie deal they got from UAL. A judge wont give us a contract UAL flight attendants got. The Judge will hear both sides, after the mandated negotiations take place. Then determine the necessary changes if any. Its far more likely we can come to a mutually beneficial agreement prior to seeing the judge.
----------------
You guys are so worried about managements pay cuts that you end up voting with your emotions rather than rational thought.
----------------​

Not so, It was rational thought and the realization of what AA did in these so called negotiations that got my yes in to a NO.

----------------
If you wanted to make alot of money, you should have went to college and got a bachelors or masters in business admin and became an exec. instead you went to spartan and became a mechanic, or went wherever you go to learn to be a f/a, I assume the foreign language and first responder school, but then #### and moan because someone else makes more than you and isn't taking such a cut.
----------------​
Well, since we are all dumb as sticks. Well, so you would believe. That's fine. I know a couple practicing lawyers, flew with an army reserve General. I know at least 1 medical DR. Lots of Nurses. Many actors and small business owners. Retired Police and firemen. Mostly disillusion former office workers and executives. Who know how to live and enjoy life. The fact that these flight attendants didn't cower in fear at the loss of employment. Shows they have multiple options under their belts.

----------------

Crap runs downhill. The boss never takes the hits that the employees take. Everyone knows that airlines are not brimming with job security, they never have been.
----------------​
Whats the point. We all know we are in a down turn economy. We have been through this before. Never to this degree. Well good that you feel a boss never takes the hit the employees take. But is you can't lead by example, if you cant negotiate in ghood faith. Then why should an employee even bother to care?

----------------
Some of these posts on here I can not even believe people are writing. They are the most selfish things I have ever read. I won't mention any names but some can evidently use a dictionary and the cut and paste feature on their PC and others just go on and on and on about how they can't live on 30 bucks an hour. Guess what, you'll be living on a lot less than 30 bucks an hour in bk.
----------------​
We all expect to be living on less. We all accept cuts are necessary. These changes are just unacceptable. There was no reason to do the things they did. There was NO true negotiations. AA has been sick over it and has changed the TA repeatedly over the last 2 weeks. Too bad they didn't change it to make it realistic. Then it would have passed.
----------------
4/15/2003 10:19:15 PM AA70 wrote:
Well I'm getting off my soapbox now but just to let you know, I do not work for AA, my spouse does and we are not topped out, we also chose to vote yes, although the t/a wasn't the greatest offer ever seen, you don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
----------------​
You go on and on and on, and you dont even work here. Typical, I guess from what I read you are so over bearing that you made the decision to vote that way. You say my spouse works at AA but "we" are not topped out. "we " chose to vote yes? Or you chose to vote yes. No you don't cut off you nose to spite your face. But with a gun to your head saying they are going to shoot you. Do you stand and wait to be killed or try to escape?

----------------
And next time I am on a plane, I can get up and get my own coffee.
----------------​
I wouldn't do that. I know you are pissed but going in to an area and going through things you shouldn't will definatly attract the wrong attention from the wrong people.You want to be a pain ring the bell. Ring it 100 times for coffee. Just spare us all your drama how we should all take cuts and be pushed in to an unfair deal. Just because you want to.

Oh I am certain that they wouldn''t have allowed a re-vote if it had passed. I understand about the history that all of the employees have had with mgmt etc. But this is a darned if you do and darned if you don''t deal. All I am saying is that AA is in deep ** now and maybe there is a tiny shred of decency in the powers that be to be on the level and try to get themselves out of this. I know that there are many other things to consider (ie leases, etc). I guess I am an optimist.

----------------
On 4/15/2003 11:03:36 PM flydcoop wrote:

Please, unless your husband is an F/A don''t judge.

If every group takes a beating because the F/As voted "NO" who do you think is responsible?

How long has your husband been at AA?

I doubt your hubby is F/A because of your derogatory F/A remarks but you couldn''t say that about AA63...could you?

You may only view us as "coffee, tea, or me" but on 11Sept our jobs changed irrevocably.

I will never forget that, you probably shouldn''t either.

Coop

p.s. waitressing is more money and less of a terrorism-risk. I love what I do but I also know what I''m worth.

----------------​
Ok, here''s the poop, my hubby is a mechanic and has been there for about 10 years.
I know that your job requires more than serving coffee (and I apologize for the comment). I remember 9-11, vividly. All I am saying is that what I am reading on here is a bunch of folks whining about furlough pay.

AA70

I will be furloughed regardless of the outcome. The 6mil in furlough pay keeps how many more F/As on the line?

That means I may be called back sooner if it is worth it.

The fact of the matter is we have too many F/As in MIA. I am struggling for hours and 45+ from the bottom of the seniority list. It is time for me to go. Shrink the airline back to profitability.

I am not about saving the most jobs, I am about a career.

I know it is my time to go and I''m not willing to have an AK-47 take out my contract to keep people on the job.

As TWA said, I would love unlimited recall rights and flight benefits...I will survive (and already have the D3''s) one way or another.

I love being an AA F/A but I simply cannot take Mgmt''s crap anymore.

I would never DREAM of taking it out on a pax ''cuz I know who butters my bread....does Sr Mgmt?

Coop