I worry about this new business plan!

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/18/2003 6:07:21 PM Severed-N-Happy wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/18/2003 12:18:36 PM DELLDUDE wrote: [BR][BR][STRONG][FONT face='"Comic' MS" Sans]severed n happy....hmmm...reminds me of france during marie antionettes daze... [/FONT][/STRONG] [BR]----------------[BR]Somehow I don't think the 18th century dazed Frenchies enjoyed 3-4 months of free francs and 3 years of free buggy rides.[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR]
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P][STRONG]no,i meant the 'haircut'-severed?? n happy??[/STRONG]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/18/2003 12:28:52 PM USAirUnited wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/18/2003 10:16:12 AM DELLDUDE wrote: [BR][BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR] [BR][BR][BR] was to run an add in,say NYT tomorrow:[BR]US AIRWAYS TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR THESE POSITIONS AT THESE PAY LEVELS-[BR]pilot: $75,000/yr.[BR]co-pilot:$40,000/yr.[BR]flight attendent:$30,000/yr.[BR]mechanic:$40,000/yr. [BR]reservation:$20,000/yr.[BR]ramp service:$18,000/yr.[BR]CALL 1-800-WORK NOW[BR]wanna bet how many would trip over themselves to get OUR jobs?with no waaa waaa? [BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]I think your wrong about that. The workforce would be so unstable you could never run an airline with the kind of people that money would attract. [BR][BR]Dude you better get a new dell. [BR]
[P][IMG style="WIDTH: 67px; HEIGHT: 55px" height=200 alt=/idealbb/files/grad8.jpg src="http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/files/grad8.jpg" width=241 border=0][STRONG]dude,you missed the point.....theres lots out there willing to take our jobs any day of the week.wake up to that fact."oh they couldn't run the airline in a stable fashion"cut me a friggin' break.our jobs will be taken by some guy at mesa ,some layed off guy at UAL,some gal from AA...wake up,we do not have an exclusive here. [BR] [BR][/STRONG][/P]

Great post PineyBob! As a flight attendant, I know I can grumble and take it out on our customers, or I can do just what I have been doing since I first started. Give the best service I can with what ever the Company has given me. Even without food and drinks I still have ME. I thank all our #1 FF'ers and smile. A smile goes a long way. I fly the transatlantic flights and most of the Envoy and all of First Class is full of free tickets or upgrades. Just like I've paid my dues, these folks have too.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/19/2003 7:54:45 AM PineyBob wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/18/2003 8:43:12 AM cavalier wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Well the company being in charge will simply fire the people that are not performing their duties with a smile. I think you will see a little change in attitudes with the remaining employees.

----------------
[/blockquote]

I hope you are trying to be funny with the above because the attitude of "The fireings will continue until morale improves" is really not all that funny since I am not sure that isn't managements approach.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Yes, this is what I meant. If someone walks around treating customers with a sourpuss expression and indifference...well then hit the road IMO.

On your Morale, Motivation & Leadership post.

EXCELLENT, I couldn't agree more.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/19/2003 5:56:43 AM Severed-N-Happy wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/18/2003 11:29:05 PM DELLDUDE wrote: [BR][BR][BR][BR]no,i meant the 'haircut'-severed?? n happy??[BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]I understood, I was being equally obtuse.[BR]
[P][/P]ok,he he he

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/19/2003 10:27:59 AM PineyBob wrote:
[P]You know Cav, [BR]it's kind of funny really but I ran into one of your "sourpuss" co workers at the F terminal ticket counter in PHL this week. Usually I will NOT tolerate the way in which he spoke to me, but this time it was different. He was soooo friggin' miserable I actually felt sorry for him. How can people go through life that way? If my job made me that miserable I think I'd just get the .38 out and solve the issue permanently. I mean how can you turn off the attitude when you get home? I just envisioned him screaming at his wife and kids because he couldn't scream at me or his employer. sad very sad indeed[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]bob:philly,yo' adrian...our nicest staion for attitude...they threw tables and chairs at our union reps over their first IAM ramp contract i think it was.

Thanks Art, We always appreciate your kind words.Passengers like you make it easier to provide the good service!

My experiences with US have continued to be excellent--even with all that's going on.

I had a hard travel week-ISP-PHL-MIA-CLT-PHL-ISP. Every segment went off without a hitch, with very pleasant crews and ground agents.

I gave out this web site's URL to a few agents and Club employees who hadn't heard about it--so I am spreading the word.

Special thanks to Carey at the MIA ticket counter for his special help on Thursday afternoon--when he had a problem with Sabre getting something done for me, he got someone to help get it done and joked around about it with me...and his colleagues, although weary, were excellent with the passengers despite the fact they were seriously short handed.

KEEP IT UP!! You guys are and will continue to be the best.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/18/2003 12:28:52 PM USAirUnited wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/18/2003 10:16:12 AM DELLDUDE wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 1/18/2003 9:18:36 AM cavalier wrote:

I see...'SMILE, or we'll blow your head off'. Threats and intimidation. How does one "smile" thru that?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't it's a big world out there with other places of employment.

Welcome to reality... do it or move on, there is someone else waiting for your job minus the attitude.
[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]

[/P][IMG style="WIDTH: 50px; HEIGHT: 46px" height=150 alt=/idealbb/files/grad23.jpg src="http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/files/grad23.jpg" width=179 border=0]dude,if U was to run an add in,say NYT tomorrow:
US AIRWAYS TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR THESE POSITIONS AT THESE PAY LEVELS-
pilot: $75,000/yr.
co-pilot:$40,000/yr.
flight attendent:$30,000/yr.
mechanic:$40,000/yr.
reservation:$20,000/yr.
ramp service:$18,000/yr.
CALL 1-800-WORK NOW
wanna bet how many would trip over themselves to get OUR jobs?with no waaa waaa?
----------------
[/blockquote]

I think your wrong about that. The workforce would be so unstable you could never run an airline with the kind of people that money would attract.

Dude you better get a new dell.

----------------
[/blockquote]

USAirUnited,

I don't know if you are aware of this "fact", that at the Wholly ownes the turnover employment rate is 42%. At those wages...you only attract inexperienced, uneducated, young (live with 10 people in a room) type of folks...company will get what they pay for. As far as mangement...Here's an AD:

CEO wanted for $200,000 (Jet Blue salary)

VP $100,000
Dirctors $70,000

Managers 50,000

Catch the drift here...ther are many executives on the street from WorldCom and Enron just dying for a job.
You ae what you believe your worth, ask the ball players, actors...experience gets you talentm, and we have it dealing with people in a people industry.
We are the best; we demand the best; and we will get the best!

"Just living out loud".

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/19/2003 11:39:47 PM PITbull wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/18/2003 12:28:52 PM USAirUnited wrote: [BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/18/2003 10:16:12 AM DELLDUDE wrote: [BR][BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/18/2003 9:18:36 AM cavalier wrote: [BR][BR][BR]I see...'SMILE, or we'll blow your head off'. Threats and intimidation. How does one "smile" thru that?[BR]--------------------------------------------------------------------[BR][BR] If you can't it's a big world out there with other places of employment.[BR][BR] Welcome to reality... do it or move on, there is someone else waiting for your job minus the attitude. [BR]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR][IMG style="quot: ; amp: " height=150 alt=/idealbb/files/grad23.jpg src="http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/"http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/files/grad23.jpg"" width=179 border=0 46px" HEIGHT: 50px;]dude,if U was to run an add in,say NYT tomorrow:[BR]US AIRWAYS TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR THESE POSITIONS AT THESE PAY LEVELS-[BR]pilot: $75,000/yr.[BR]co-pilot:$40,000/yr.[BR]flight attendent:$30,000/yr.[BR]mechanic:$40,000/yr. [BR]reservation:$20,000/yr.[BR]ramp service:$18,000/yr.[BR]CALL 1-800-WORK NOW[BR]wanna bet how many would trip over themselves to get OUR jobs?with no waaa waaa? [BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]I think your wrong about that. The workforce would be so unstable you could never run an airline with the kind of people that money would attract. [BR][BR]Dude you better get a new dell. [BR][BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR]USAirUnited,[BR][BR]I don't know if you are aware of this "fact", that at the Wholly ownes the turnover employment rate is 42%. At those wages...you only attract inexperienced, uneducated, young (live with 10 people in a room) type of folks...company will get what they pay for. As far as mangement...Here's an AD:[BR][BR]CEO wanted for $200,000 (Jet Blue salary)[BR][BR]VP $100,000[BR]Dirctors $70,000[BR][BR]Managers 50,000[BR][BR]Catch the drift here...ther are many executives on the street from WorldCom and Enron just dying for a job.[BR]You ae what you believe your worth, ask the ball players, actors...experience gets you talentm, and we have it dealing with people in a people industry.[BR]We are the best; we demand the best; and we will get the best![BR][BR]"Just living out loud".[BR]
[P][/P][STRONG][FONT face="Courier New"]pitbull:my sentiments exactly...i was implying that for every job class here at U,there are lots of people either on the street or at some other carrier or w/o that would jump at the chance and yes,the company would still fly....tell me some guy over at mesa wouldn't come here for 75k to start. [/FONT][/STRONG][img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/11.gif']