Kev3188

Veteran
Oct 5, 2003
Right in the middle.
From the IAM website:

January 13, 2006 2359CST
Machinists to Vote Northwest’s Proposal

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

District 143 and Northwest Airlines have been working late into the night all week to resolve our contract negotiations, and this evening we reached an understanding with the Company whereby we will present Northwest’s contract settlement proposal to the membership for your consideration.

Your Negotiating Committee was able to convince Northwest to move off of some of their initial proposals, and many of your Committee’s ideas are contained in the Company’s settlement proposal.

The understanding between the IAM and Northwest to vote the Company’s proposal is subject to finalization of some details and a review of the proposal’s language.

Complete details of Northwest’s proposal and a voting schedule will be available in the next few days. IAM members will have ample time to review the terms and have questions answered before casting their votes.

The Section 1113© trial to reject labor contracts for IAM members, Flight Attendants and Pilots will begin January 17, 2006. The IAM and Northwest will ask the judge to postpone the IAM’s portion of the trial until the ratification results are known.

Your entire Negotiating Committee thanks you for your continued support and solidarity.

In solidarity,

As always, I'm sure the Devil is in the details....I'm not holding my breath.

Your Negotiating Committee was able to convince Northwest to move off of some of their initial proposals, and many of your Committee’s ideas are contained in the Company’s settlement proposal.

I'll beleive it when we get to see/read it!

hopefully it wont be as bad as what IAM DL141 did to the Brothers and Sisters at USAIRWAYS Good Luck to all of you Union People!

Let's see what the 'Frightened Machinist' was able to come up with this time...

ESE's in MSP and DTW, everyone else transferred to 'NewCo' with the 'Frightened Machinist' continuing to leech dues as the 'bargaining agent' for the 'NewCo' employees?

It's all about the revenue stream from the dues.As long as that is protected the IAM isn't interested in anything else...

Good Luck Kev, you guys are going to need it.

Anyone know how many jobs the iam agreed to give up?

Like usual, the iam scabs will "Strike A Deal if Provoked". :down:

One of the guys on the US boards used to call them "The Farting Machinists"

Another one I've seen was "Frightened Machinists".

While all of this is humorous I think it points out the fact that the large industrial unions have another agenda that is in direct conflict with most locals wishs.

That became evident during the P-9 Hormel strike in Austin MN. Google "Roving Pickets and educate yourselves as to what it takes to win a strike and you'll see why the IAM doesn't have the belly for it. It is much easier to "Strike a deal when provoked"
All you have to do is read the book, "Taking Care of Business" by Paul Buhle. It shows the corruptness of the AFL-CIO and how thay will do whatever big business wants as long as they get in on the profits and pleasures. What its called is called "business unionism". The unelected and unaccountable AFL-CIO industrial union minions at the top enjoy upper management type salaries and perks, while pretending to represent the unwashed masses who suffer the pain of the constant lies.

The most tragic labor failure was the Air Traffic Controllers strike (PATCO 1981), and how the AFL-CIO promised to back them, and then as instructed, walked away from them. The AFL-CIO will never disobey its master, which is big business and greed. It must be up to independent unions, like AMFA to take matters into their own hands, because the AFL-CIO will never fight. :angry:

http://www.monthlyreview.org/tcb.htm

All you have to do is read the book, "Taking Care of Business" by Paul Buhle. It shows the corruptness of the AFL-CIO and how thay will do whatever big business wants as long as they get in on the profits and pleasures. What its called is called "business unionism". The unelected and unaccountable AFL-CIO industrial union minions at the top enjoy upper management type salaries and perks, while pretending to represent the unwashed masses who suffer the pain of the constant lies.

The most tragic labor failure was the Air Traffic Controllers strike (PATCO 1981), and how the AFL-CIO promised to back them, and then as instructed, walked away from them. The AFL-CIO will never disobey its master, which is big business and greed. It must be up to independent unions, like AMFA to take matters into their own hands, because the AFL-CIO will never fight. :angry:

http://www.monthlyreview.org/tcb.htm

=========================================================

"Hack",

It would be virtually Impossible to argue with you on your points. Recent history does not lie.

The LONE EXCEPTION(and I know I refer to them a LOT on here) is the West Coast Dock Workers(Longshoremen).

God bless them, when they throw up a picket line,NO ONE, from SAN to SEA cross's that picket line.
(To do so, would be VERY HAZZARDESS to ones HEALTH !!)

Hard to believe, they ARE Afl-Cio.

NH/BB's

===========================================================

I'm sure that both of you Gentlemen would agree, that being able to Exercise your occupational seniority(Ex: UNRESTRICTED BUMPING RIGHTS !!), would be THE #1 issue !!

NH/BB's
Hopefully, the job security covenants are such that bumping won't be much of an issue (again, I'm not holding my breath).

Hopefully, the job security covenants are such that bumping won't be much of an issue (again, I'm not holding my breath).

========================================================

Kev,

Because NW (officially) never said they were going to violate job security(like they did at US) I guess I can't assume that the dirty Bastards will !!

So with that said, hopefully the IAM has got NW to pay every "topped out" ESE still working for mainline, the SAME hourly wage.

NONE of this #### of an ESE in MSP/DTW making more than a guy/gal breakin' their A$$ in JFK or BOS etc !!!

Time will tell.

NH/BB's

Rumor has it 11%paycut across the board, 1 weeks vacation, shift premiums, longevity, line pay, short/fast hours eliminated. Increase in health insurance premiums, outsourcing of small stations under 55 flts per week. Bumping rights still intact. No Ground Co. not sure about New Co.

Again this is just what I heard through the grapevine and I thought I would pass it along.