NW Ramp & Stock clerks ratify agreement.

Kev3188

Veteran
Oct 5, 2003
Right in the middle.
Blech.

From the Ministry of Propaganda (aka www.iam143.org):

-----------------------------------------------------------

June 9, 2006 1030CDT
ESSC Members Ratify Northwest Airlines Pact

After nine days of voting across the Northwest Airlines system, District 143 has certified that 62 percent of the voting Equipment Service & Stock Clerk (ESSC) membership have accepted the terms of the tentative agreement reached with the bankrupt airline on May 19, 2006.

This was a choice between bad and worse. The agreement contains substantial sacrifice, but it allows ESSC members to preserve their contract and decades of collective bargaining gains.

The agreement will not become effective until Northwest Airlines has either ratified agreements or imposed concessions for all the unions at the airline.

Employee concessions alone cannot save any airline. The sacrifices IAM members have agreed to make are necessary for the carrier’s survival, but there is no guarantee of success.

Your entire negotiating committee thanks the membership for their support we received throughout this long and difficult process.

----------------------------------------------------------

Blech.

June 9, 2006 1030CDT

After nine days of voting across the Northwest Airlines system, District 143 has certified that 62 percent of the voting Equipment Service & Stock Clerk (ESSC) membership have accepted the terms of the tentative agreement reached with the bankrupt airline on May 19, 2006.

This was a choice between bad and worse. The agreement contains substantial sacrifice, but it allows ESSC members to preserve their contract and decades of collective bargaining gains.

The agreement will not become effective until Northwest Airlines has either ratified agreements or imposed concessions for all the unions at the airline.

Employee concessions alone cannot save any airline. The sacrifices IAM members have agreed to make are necessary for the carrier’s survival, but there is no guarantee of success.

Your entire negotiating committee thanks the membership for their support we received throughout this long and difficult process.

Beautiful!! F#%&ING Beautiful!! :down: :down:

well look at it this way, at least it isnt half as bad as say the ch11 usair east IAM contract. now that is a shetty one at best!
good luck to the unionized employees of SCAB AIR

So when are we going to get rid of the IAM? Does this contact actually save decades of bargaining? Isn't it actually giving them away? You’re right Kev a shet load of propaganda.

==========================================================

PTO,

YOU are a SCAB, a "BAG of PUSS", a Bottom Feeding LOW life SCAB !!!!

Asking Union Questions, are meant for Union Members, NOT SCABS.

It just goes to show how "southern STUPID" you are.

NH/BB's

It was 99.9% the same tripe they tried to feed us in March...Some minor changes to the Early Out/Severance packages, but on the whole, not much at all.

It was 99.9% the same tripe they tried to feed us in March...Some minor changes to the Early Out/Severance packages, but on the whole, not much at all.
Just curious. What was the reasoning behind the yes vote? Not sure of any of the details but was it hopes for the future getting better? Or just having a job? Do you think the mech replacements scared alot into the yes vote? I wonder what damage the replacement mechs will do to future negotiations for all unionized airline employees.

After what the NW managment pulled with the mechanics I have to wonder why they will deal with the f/a's? Its obvious they cant be trusted. Are they trying to get all the contracts signed to get a merger lined up? Or did they really get all they needed from the other work groups and this would have been the icing on the cake. I always base future dealings on past dealings and I dont trust them.

After what the NW managment pulled with the mechanics I have to wonder why they will deal with the f/a's? Its obvious they cant be trusted. Are they trying to get all the contracts signed to get a merger lined up? Or did they really get all they needed from the other work groups and this would have been the icing on the cake. I always base future dealings on past dealings and I dont trust them.
Well it could very well be that may be they already have a merger partner lined up just awaiting on the signatures of a complete new deal with all unions? may be something like what US/HP did.

Exactly what I was thinking. But not to start more controversy with who? If I was NW employee(union) I would start comparing my contract with the other majors and see how close they are. As you said thats what they did with US/HP.

Blech.

June 9, 2006 1030CDT

....Your entire negotiating committee thanks the membership for their support we received throughout this long and difficult process.[/i]....

BEHOLD...the hype, BEHOLD...the sad expression of regret, BEHOLD...years of gains thrown to the gutter in the name of preservation (of the union dues requirement), BEHOLD...another union rolls over and begs from the taskmaster...BEHOLD!!!

BEHOLD...the hype, BEHOLD...the sad expression of regret, BEHOLD...years of gains thrown to the gutter in the name of preservation (of the union dues requirement), BEHOLD...another union rolls over and begs from the taskmaster...BEHOLD!!!

Yep..No suprises in any of the IAM's responses...What a sh$tty B-day present this ratification was!