IAM District 142 Negotiations Update

Yawn.

---------
There are no jobs for labor without public firms created by individuals taking large risks with their own wealth and capital, stealing from the entrepenuer by demanding wages higher than those set by free markets is a crime against these creators of jobs as well as infantile and futile.

700, your endless dribble about the company not wanting to settle is ridiculus. They have to settle.

And in fact, negotiations have been meaningful. Implicitly, the company's proposal back to the union must have contained movement, therefore your union countered. The union would have never countered if the company was not negotiating in good faith.

Further, the company gave no response to the union's counter proposal. The whole piece on Hemmingway was not the company response but rather a cheap jab at him in typical union rhetoric.

I suggest that if you and your union really believes what you wrote that the 'company doesn't want to settle', that the union ask for an impasse...but we both know such a request is not merited nor reasonable.

My spin, union is just trying to keep things at ground zero expectations so when they flush the grievance in the john and get an extra 'buck' or two an hour for it, then it will appear they did something when in fact all the union has done is got in the way and been a pain in the butt to its members. We've seen this many times before and it will happen again because the American Labor movement isn't a movement at all.

regards,

What did the company offer?
What was the IAM counter?
Why is this information not available to Employees/Members?
Like I've said in the past: Everything is a secret with the iam. You will never know what is being decided until you get porked. And then it's a high-lite list with no fine print. They fill that in after you vote. They can't make their back door deals if you know whats going on. The End

Like I've said in the past: Everything is a secret with the iam. You will never know what is being decided until you get porked. And then it's a high-lite list with no fine print. They fill that in after you vote. They can't make their back door deals if you know whats going on. The End
Oh how history repeats its self.......its all so true

What did the company offer?
What was the IAM counter?
Why is this information not available to Employees/Members?
What Is Needed By US the UNION is to Attend the Meetings after Neg's,So You Can GET informed. Contact your Negotiating Rep's,
I Hope this Helps In Your Assumption's you know where they (assumption's) Take & Make you. AN A$$. MW

700, your endless dribble about the company not wanting to settle is ridiculus. They have to settle.

And in fact, negotiations have been meaningful. Implicitly, the company's proposal back to the union must have contained movement, therefore your union countered. The union would have never countered if the company was not negotiating in good faith.

Further, the company gave no response to the union's counter proposal. The whole piece on Hemmingway was not the company response but rather a cheap jab at him in typical union rhetoric.

I suggest that if you and your union really believes what you wrote that the 'company doesn't want to settle', that the union ask for an impasse...but we both know such a request is not merited nor reasonable.

My spin, union is just trying to keep things at ground zero expectations so when they flush the grievance in the john and get an extra 'buck' or two an hour for it, then it will appear they did something when in fact all the union has done is got in the way and been a pain in the butt to its members. We've seen this many times before and it will happen again because the American Labor movement isn't a movement at all.

regards,

Tim this is for the techs and related not the ramp and in our case and I don't know how yours is going but the company is stalling with us they want us to give stuff up with getting nothing. we the techs with the awa side were being dragged out for over 2 years almost 3 without a contract and now the IAM is finding out what we the ex teamsters already knew about this mgmt team is like.

What Is Needed By US the UNION is to Attend the Meetings after Neg's,So You Can GET informed. Contact your Negotiating Rep's,
I Hope this Helps In Your Assumption's you know where they (assumption's) Take & Make you. AN A$$. MW

I agree 100%.
I will just go to the union website to find out when a meeting is.
OH LOOK....nothing but a vague update!
NO MEETING TIMES!

Meetings are done each month at the local, the district does not handle local lodge meetings.

Check your local lodge web page.

Meetings are done each month at the local, the district does not handle local lodge meetings.

Check your local lodge web page.
Either way, the IAM is GONNA F### you, like they did before. Thats why we are the LOWEST paid in the industry!! :down: Hey, but DOOGIE get's his!!! :shock:

This shouldn't came as a surprise to anybody, old boss same as the new boss!! Let me just give my two cents about whats going on, when the company held the proverbial liguidation gun to the employee groups head back in 2005 the only reason why the company survived was because of the EMPLOYEE'S who beleived at the time that their only choice for the companies survial was by agreeing to the companies final offer! How this company can attempt to buy another airline before they make peace with their current labor groups shows what they really think about their own employees! Keep this in mind,they are willing to spend 10 BILLION to purchase another airline but aren't willing to spend a nickel to reward the people who actually made the sacrifices that made even the possibility of this takeover possible! The company stated that the unions proposal was unrealistic and unachievable, the truth is that this takeover without labor peace is unrealistic and unachievable, how many times have we heard Doug and his gang tell us the industry has changed, we will never be able to pay wages we once did blah, blah, blah, well this applies to everyone dosen't it or just the employees not CEO's! Just remember this,everyday that goes by without a transition agreement the company is putting YOUR money away toward the bonus and raises that Doug and his team will receive after this hostile takeover goes through! I have said before and will say again I don't care if they pay Doug Parker a billion dollars a year,but what I do care and every working man and woman should care as well is when he starts getting that money because he took that money from his employees. It's time for all employee groups to stand up and let management know that they better get their own house in order before they try and buy their neighbors!!

This shouldn't came as a surprise to anybody, old boss same as the new boss!! Let me just give my two cents about whats going on, when the company held the proverbial liguidation gun to the employee groups head back in 2005 the only reason why the company survived was because of the EMPLOYEE'S who beleived at the time that their only choice for the companies survial was by agreeing to the companies final offer! How this company can attempt to buy another airline before they make peace with their current labor groups shows what they really think about their own employees! Keep this in mind,they are willing to spend 10 BILLION to purchase another airline but aren't willing to spend a nickel to reward the people who actually made the sacrifices that made even the possibility of this takeover possible! The company stated that the unions proposal was unrealistic and unachievable, the truth is that this takeover without labor peace is unrealistic and unachievable, how many times have we heard Doug and his gang tell us the industry has changed, we will never be able to pay wages we once did blah, blah, blah, well this applies to everyone dosen't it or just the employees not CEO's! Just remember this,everyday that goes by without a transition agreement the company is putting YOUR money away toward the bonus and raises that Doug and his team will receive after this hostile takeover goes through! I have said before and will say again I don't care if they pay Doug Parker a billion dollars a year,but what I do care and every working man and woman should care as well is when he starts getting that money because he took that money from his employees. It's time for all employee groups to stand up and let management know that they better get their own house in order before they try and buy their neighbors!!
Well said FANLUBE!!! :up:

Latest posts