IAM Files to Represent Ramp, Stock Clerks at Combined UAL/Continental

As bad as I personally feel the IAM is, I KNOW the ibt is 100% worse. In saying that, GO I.A.M.

As a UAL Mechanic, I agree 100%. Don't get roped into the ibt BS. I could tell you horror stories about my experience with the ibt. I recommend you visit CAL-UALMechanics.com and visit the forum for more info. GT

As a UAL Mechanic, I agree 100%. Don't get roped into the ibt BS. I could tell you horror stories about my experience with the ibt. I recommend you visit CAL-UALMechanics.com and visit the forum for more info. GT

The IBT has given us a lousy contract which they themselves can't even defend.
All this contract is "Fly To Win" on dues. They hope to get a better second contract when both groups combine, but I know that the UAL guys won't go for this POS. And a lot of won't either. The IAM has a chance here, and I will be doing my best to help the cause.

As bad as I personally feel the IAM is, I KNOW the ibt is 100% worse. In saying that, GO I.A.M.

Sorry, I'm no longer impressed by the IAM. They used to be pretty good. But they started the ball rolling in 2002 by convincing their members at USAIR to give concessions outside of bankruptcy, even accepted money from USAIR to conduct the campaign, only to just sit there as USAIR went BK anyways and took away more. They went from one of the highest to one of the lowest paid mechanics in the industry. They also scewed over the mechanics at UAL around the same time and lets not forget how they helped NWA screw over the Mechanics there, they put their injured ego above unionism.

With the recent TA at UPS, where the IBT got their mechanics over $50/hr and fully paid medical I think the UAL/CAL guys should be demanding that they deliver the same at UAL. If they start citing profits ask them if IBT reps get paid different scales depending on how much revenue the members they represent generate. Put their feet to the flame and demand answers as to why passenger carriers should get a discount on A&P labor. Ask them what type of arrangement they have as far as officers of the union flying on Airline passes. UAL may claim they need new aircraft, and expect the employees to pay for them but the average age at FedEx is 23 years and they make money and pay their workers. UALs fleet age is only about a year older than UPS and UAL has around 150 more aircraft.

Good luck!

Bob,

We didnt take concessions out of chapter 11, US filed Bankruptcy in August of 2002, we didnt vote on concessions till after that. We did have talks with them and they never produced an agreement. They filed bankruptcy, and we were forced to negotiate or face abrogation. In BK II we were abrogated.

Every union on the property, ALPA, AFA, CWA, TWU and IAM were reimbursed for expenses incurred for concessionary negotiations.

There was no money involved to campaign for ratification, as a matter of fact we voted the concessions down, only to have Siegel tell the rank and file he will conduct his own revote or go for Section 1113 abrogation, so the international made the decision to revote.

Then in November they threatened to liquidate and we negotiated more concessions.

Every hotel, lost time and experts used had itemized receipts submitted and approved by the court. I for one dont want my dues money to pay for negotiations that the company requested.

Just like your beloved TWU did at AA, your union took money for the expenses also, you all took concessions OUT of Bankruptcy, not the IAM at US.

I was there, I lived it, you werent, before you post I would suggest you get what really happened.

Reactions: 1 person
I think UPS is more a testament to the company success than to some illusion of "teamster power".

Case in point: if the ibt carried all that supposed clout then what happened at Horizon Air? ALL HEAVY MAINTENANCE OUTSOURCED nearly a third of their mechanics gone, and if that wasn't enough, the ibt agreed in writing not to grieve the outsourcing or speak publicly against it!

Never mind the fact that the teamsters are doing their pathetic best to try and hide this. Go to the teamsters Airline Division Website, you'll find stories on the TAs for CAL mechs, CAL Ramp, even Horizon Pilots, you'll find more stories on the Ratification votes of those same carriers, yet you won't find ONE SINGLE MENTION of the Horizon Mechs TA or their vote.

Just one more thing to consider....the pilots at Horizon are teamsters, and they were in negotiations at the time too. If the ibt was truly powerful, then they had the perfect opprotunity to show it at Horizon. The company brings up outsourcing and the PILOTS and MECHANICS walk.

The teamsters are a dismal failure, period.

Sorry, I'm no longer impressed by the IAM. They used to be pretty good. But they started the ball rolling in 2002 by convincing their members at USAIR to give concessions outside of bankruptcy, even accepted money from USAIR to conduct the campaign, only to just sit there as USAIR went BK anyways and took away more. They went from one of the highest to one of the lowest paid mechanics in the industry. They also scewed over the mechanics at UAL around the same time and lets not forget how they helped NWA screw over the Mechanics there, they put their injured ego above unionism.

With the recent TA at UPS, where the IBT got their mechanics over $50/hr and fully paid medical I think the UAL/CAL guys should be demanding that they deliver the same at UAL. If they start citing profits ask them if IBT reps get paid different scales depending on how much revenue the members they represent generate. Put their feet to the flame and demand answers as to why passenger carriers should get a discount on A&P labor. Ask them what type of arrangement they have as far as officers of the union flying on Airline passes. UAL may claim they need new aircraft, and expect the employees to pay for them but the average age at FedEx is 23 years and they make money and pay their workers. UALs fleet age is only about a year older than UPS and UAL has around 150 more aircraft.

Good luck!

IBT sucks and is an 'organization' moreso than a 'union'. Little Jimmy has been crowned as grand dictator since they can not find daddy's body. WTF is up with that? Am I the only one that find's this unusual?
Yea, I saw the trucks come to the MOC and lil Jimmy pass out pictures and talk crap... Guess I was the only one not buying... :p
One contract out of sooooooooo many failures and scabbing of their own members does not make an example.
B) xUT

Reactions: 2 people
As a UAL Mechanic who has experienced the ibt I must say they are as bad as it gets. Below is an accounting of a recent union meeting out of LAX. Please don't make the same mistake many of us have made. Listen to those who have been and are there and most of all, "DON'T BELIEVE THE IBT SALES PITCH." They will say anything to make a sale.

Attended the monthly 986 meeting last night.
What a joke!
Just union paid thugs standing around staring at the 18 of us from UAL Laxmm.
The meeting lasted a whole 10 minutes.
Pledge to the flag.
They read last months minutes and approved them.
Then some phony trustee reported about spending money, which they approved.
Then, no old business and no new business.
Meeting adjourned ten minutes after it started.
Unbelievable!!!!
Our guys were shocked and left with their mouths open.
Some had not yet even arrived.
Took over an hour for most to get there
I'm sure they pull this crap every month and the mafia thugs just stood and stared at us.
I'm sure all but us are on the payroll.
Then we talked (vented) to our business agent and secretary treasurer for about forty five minutes.
No drinks, no food, no business agent reports, NOTHING!
Clacy Griswold was a no show!
I did give his brother, Chris the Secretary Treasurer a copy of the PEB ruling Yo give to Clacy.
What a waste of time!

As a UAL Mechanic who has experienced the ibt I must say they are as bad as it gets. Below is an accounting of a recent union meeting out of LAX. Please don't make the same mistake many of us have made. Listen to those who have been and are there and most of all, "DON'T BELIEVE THE IBT SALES PITCH." They will say anything to make a sale.

Attended the monthly 986 meeting last night.
What a joke!
Just union paid thugs standing around staring at the 18 of us from UAL Laxmm.
The meeting lasted a whole 10 minutes.
Pledge to the flag.
They read last months minutes and approved them.
Then some phony trustee reported about spending money, which they approved.
Then, no old business and no new business.
Meeting adjourned ten minutes after it started.
Unbelievable!!!!
Our guys were shocked and left with their mouths open.
Some had not yet even arrived.
Took over an hour for most to get there
I'm sure they pull this crap every month and the mafia thugs just stood and stared at us.
I'm sure all but us are on the payroll.
Then we talked (vented) to our business agent and secretary treasurer for about forty five minutes.
No drinks, no food, no business agent reports, NOTHING!
Clacy Griswold was a no show!
I did give his brother, Chris the Secretary Treasurer a copy of the PEB ruling Yo give to Clacy.
What a waste of time!
******************************************************************************************************
My Man Clacy G. Promises MUCH action but actually Does NOT MUCH. The United SAMC controllers applied for Union membership almost 10 years ago in 2001 thru 3 unions, IAM, AMFA and Now IBT. When the IBT wanted In they made all manner of "procliamations" about what they would and Could do. And because of what they said I voted for them in 2007-2008 . Well NOW when it comes time to Deliver?? Clacy is nowhere to be found. Told US it's because we weren't paying Dues. Well?? When they CAME to us wanting to represent US? they said We don't Need your Dues until we get you a contract. That lasted for 14 Months. Now all of a sudden they want to "Flip the SCRIPT" To tell us they're Not going to DO anythng UNTIL we pay dues. Where upon We replied When we SEE you DOING Something we'll reconsider paying Dues since we have your NAME on a document that said we Didn't need to pay dues Until we had a Contract. We hear ALL KINDS of stupid rumors WHY they weren't going to do anything but I belive after the LAST meeting we had with them it's because They couldn't Bully us! They Certainly can't Bully Me because I Had to remind them of what they Promised and told them flat UP! If you CAN'T do or your Unwilling to Do what you said you Could and Would do then just be MAN enough to say so and we'll no longer waste our Time waiting on you.
Well, Clacy hasn't done anything and Isn't even MAN ENOUGH to say so.. And if HE's the top airline man in the IBT?? Then the IBT is nothing more than a Trash Hauler's Union and Airline guys have no place IN it!! He did admit however that UPS Local 2727A Call ALL their OWN shots and is TOTALLY controlled IN HOUSE. (Autonomous) The National up to and INLUDING James Hoffa. The National dictates NOTHING to them. Now THAT's what We need at United! Either Man up or Shut up!

I've been doing a lot of homework on the IBT since we're going to have to make a choice down the road between them and the IAM. And I have come to the conclusion that the IBT is in pretty serious shape.

It's no wonder the TDU (Teamsters for a Democratic Union) has a mile long laundry list. And Mr. Hoffa is right on the top of it. If I didn't know better I could compare what's going on right now within the ranks of the IBT with the middle east.

Viva the revolution!

P.S. Me think's I'm just gonna stay with the IAM.

******************************************************************************************************
My Man Clacy G. Promises MUCH action but actually Does NOT MUCH. The United SAMC controllers applied for Union membership almost 10 years ago in 2001 thru 3 unions, IAM, AMFA and Now IBT. When the IBT wanted In they made all manner of "procliamations" about what they would and Could do. And because of what they said I voted for them in 2007-2008 . Well NOW when it comes time to Deliver?? Clacy is nowhere to be found. Told US it's because we weren't paying Dues. Well?? When they CAME to us wanting to represent US? they said We don't Need your Dues until we get you a contract. That lasted for 14 Months. Now all of a sudden they want to "Flip the SCRIPT" To tell us they're Not going to DO anythng UNTIL we pay dues. Where upon We replied When we SEE you DOING Something we'll reconsider paying Dues since we have your NAME on a document that said we Didn't need to pay dues Until we had a Contract. We hear ALL KINDS of stupid rumors WHY they weren't going to do anything but I belive after the LAST meeting we had with them it's because They couldn't Bully us! They Certainly can't Bully Me because I Had to remind them of what they Promised and told them flat UP! If you CAN'T do or your Unwilling to Do what you said you Could and Would do then just be MAN enough to say so and we'll no longer waste our Time waiting on you.
Well, Clacy hasn't done anything and Isn't even MAN ENOUGH to say so.. And if HE's the top airline man in the IBT?? Then the IBT is nothing more than a Trash Hauler's Union and Airline guys have no place IN it!! He did admit however that UPS Local 2727A Call ALL their OWN shots and is TOTALLY controlled IN HOUSE. (Autonomous) The National up to and INLUDING James Hoffa. The National dictates NOTHING to them. Now THAT's what We need at United! Either Man up or Shut up!

WOW, you voted for the ibt! Now you are surprised they didn't listen to you!
Did you try the work at home and make $75 an hour, I hear that is a pretty sweet deal.
I hear flipping real estate is getting better than ever. Our you can just sell mortgage notes, that's a sweet deal.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hate to say I told you so (well not so much... :p ).
Do like the M&R is trying to do and just change unions. Easy enough, right? :rolleyes:
B) xUT