IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Transition Agreement that was voted in by the membership this year states on page 20/11, IV, B:

“ The Company will, no later than six (6) months from the date of ratification of this Agreement, provide each Fleet Service Employee a single Collective Bargaining Agreement containing the language changes incorporated in this Transition Agreement.â€

This date has come and gone more than a month ago! Where are our contract books? This is a clear violation of the terms of our new agreement and I’ve been told that no grievance has even been filed…WHY NOT? AGC M.C. stated in the break rooms when he was campaigning for his position that he would, “kick down doors.†No Contract Books, No Grievance and No Damaged Doors! The “No-Direction ‘08†team said the Company sent them to the printers weeks ago, that’s great, but they weren’t in our hands in the agreed upon time frame.

This afternoon I heard the possible reason could be that the Company sent the document to the “Downtown Bedrock Print Shop†for printing because they wanted the Contract to be printed real slow so AGC N.H. will be able to read it. An update posted in the ready rooms from AGC M.C. states that the “No Direction AGC Group†will review the contract line by line, which needs to happen, but now we know it will be months before any Fleet Agent sees a copy.

And BTW M.C. the old language says "pocket size" contract book, but the NEW language says that the Company will provide each Fleet Employee "a single Collective Bargaining Agreement" no mention of "pocket Size". Are you going to waste our dues money and arbitrate the "new language" that the group voted in?

ND08 = No Contract Books, No Grievance and No Damaged Doors! - 08

I have heard the company gave a copy of the contract to be reviewed before printing and what do you know there was omited language in it! So thats why its late.

I dont know about you hogs but I would not want a contract that has other added or deleted language snuck in by the company.

Would you?

Ain't buyin' it!!! The Company knows exactly what they're doing. They have the NoD08 right where they want them. The Company delays everything no matter how they have to do it, haven't you been paying attention the last 15 years?

Hogs the ND08 guys have been in office for about 40 days. Granted the contracts are not in your hand or mine but coming from what I have seen from the MOUNDS and MOUNDS of the SH!T the Canale Crew left the new guys I'm going to give these guys a chance. For example 1 agc I know has over 139 open step 3 hearing left over from the Canale Crew. These guys are busting there butts flying all over the country have been in the breakrooms so many times over the past month in PHL its like they live at the airport. Again alot more that what I saw of the Canale Crew. If the company did screw around with the contract adding or deleting languge
I'm glad we got these guys in office because the track record from the Canale Crew they would have just agreed to let the added stuff go in and would have then gone on vacation.

In closing I'm sure there are people who will want Obama to fix everything wrong with the country overnite!

You wouldnt be one of those folks would ya?

The greedy sons of undetermined fathers will give nothing to those providing their wealth without an extended battle.

Be patient. Stick together.

hey LAS, looks like you guys got it right .. Congrats on getting some REAL UNION people involved out there. maybe John M . can get a managers job. since he's so tight with them he should be a shoe in.

Sadly JMs brain cells are already working overdrive keeping his heart beating and lungs breathing. He wouldn't be able to meet the low standards for management.

SW would have been on the commitee last time around had Canales crew allowed West employees to run. It took time, but this has now been rectified. I'm also hearing that the new LAS Station Manager is actually interested in resolving grievances! I don't know that it's true, but I'm hoping for the best!

Regardign the contracts, here's my totally non official view. If it ain't in the West CBA it don't apply to me for discipline until they get me a copy of the CBA. If management can't abide by a requirement to provide me with the rules THEY have to follow, well how can I be expected to follow the ones that I have to? It's not a rules violation if I haven't been provided with the rules. I'd probably lose a grievance, but I really dont' care. I dont' plan on doing anything that would put me in that position anyway.

SORRY TO GET OFF THE MULTIPLE TOPICS ON THIS THREAD BUT HERE IS A LINK TO THE REAL CHANGE NEEDED IN THE IAM. OUSTING CANALE AND MOST OF HIS REGIME WAS JUST THE BEGINNING, THE REMAINDER OF HIS CREW WILL BE GONE IN 18 MONTHS. REAL CHANGE STARTS AT THE TOP OF THE IAM. CLICK LINK BELOW TO VIEW.

The Transition Agreement that was voted in by the membership this year states on page 20/11, IV, B:

“ The Company will, no later than six (6) months from the date of ratification of this Agreement, provide each Fleet Service Employee a single Collective Bargaining Agreement containing the language changes incorporated in this Transition Agreement.â€

This date has come and gone more than a month ago! Where are our contract books? This is a clear violation of the terms of our new agreement and I’ve been told that no grievance has even been filed…WHY NOT? AGC M.C. stated in the break rooms when he was campaigning for his position that he would, “kick down doors.†No Contract Books, No Grievance and No Damaged Doors! The “No-Direction ‘08†team said the Company sent them to the printers weeks ago, that’s great, but they weren’t in our hands in the agreed upon time frame.

WHY DON'T YOU ASK YOUR HUBBY HE'S ON THE GRIEVANCE COMMITTEE.. WHY HASN'T HE FILED A GRIEVANCE..

MAYBE YOU CAN HELP HIM FILL OUT THE FORM PROPERLY

WHY DON'T YOU ASK YOUR HUBBY HE'S ON THE GRIEVANCE COMMITTEE.. WHY HASN'T HE FILED A GRIEVANCE..

MAYBE YOU CAN HELP HIM FILL OUT THE FORM PROPERLY
Hey O MAN, Nice to see MRS R, and Karen up to their usual BS. This thread will only get better when they post! Thank you to the SOUR GRAPE GANG! GF

Ain't buyin' it!!! The Company knows exactly what they're doing. They have the NoD08 right where they want them. The Company delays everything no matter how they have to do it, haven't you been paying attention the last 15 years?
Thats the beauty of this board, you dont have to believe it, but when facts are stated and you choose not to believe them, than that just lets everyone see how bitter you are. Sorry for your pain. The transition agreemt, just ammends our current contract, if articles and points arent ammended then you refer back to your the contract. Surely you would agree that if the company had made a statement to the Union that it had cleaned up the contract a little, you would think that the union should go through it very carefully before letting it go to print, wouldnt you?

Thats the beauty of this board, you dont have to believe it, but when facts are stated and you choose not to believe them, than that just lets everyone see how bitter you are. Sorry for your pain. The transition agreemt, just ammends our current contract, if articles and points arent ammended then you refer back to your the contract. Surely you would agree that if the company had made a statement to the Union that it had cleaned up the contract a little, you would think that the union should go through it very carefully before letting it go to print, wouldnt you?
If the company is allowed to change one word then there remains disrespect. There is no reason to change any words by addition or subtraction. I don't buy anything that says the company is just cleaning up the language. The new contract should mirror every single word as written as the members voted on it. Pocketsize was intended so members could carry their contracts in their pocket and argue what is right or wrong. The company wants to make them bigger than pocketsize so they won't fit in pockets and members and shop stewards won't be able to carry them. Every word that RH changes is a word that is well intended. Can't allow one single word to change otherwise it's bowing down to pressure on easy street. As far as I have heard, the New Direction team isn't going to allow RH's attorneys to change a thing and I also have heard that HogsNpigs is wrong and that the New Direction team has already told RH that they need to make the booklets in pocket form. That's another difference between Randy and the New Direction team. Our shop stewards can't currently carry our contract in their pocket because Randy agreed with the company to make them big enough so they couldn't be carried.

Previous contract + the new language that was just voted on and that's it, shouldn't be anythine else.

If the company is allowed to change one word then there remains disrespect. There is no reason to change any words by addition or subtraction. I don't buy anything that says the company is just cleaning up the language. The new contract should mirror every single word as written as the members voted on it. Pocketsize was intended so members could carry their contracts in their pocket and argue what is right or wrong. The company wants to make them bigger than pocketsize so they won't fit in pockets and members and shop stewards won't be able to carry them. Every word that RH changes is a word that is well intended. Can't allow one single word to change otherwise it's bowing down to pressure on easy street. As far as I have heard, the New Direction team isn't going to allow RH's attorneys to change a thing and I also have heard that HogsNpigs is wrong and that the New Direction team has already told RH that they need to make the booklets in pocket form. That's another difference between Randy and the New Direction team. Our shop stewards can't currently carry our contract in their pocket because Randy agreed with the company to make them big enough so they couldn't be carried.

Previous contract + the new language that was just voted on and that's it, shouldn't be anythine else.
I agree with ya Janitor 100%. if the company changed anything, its definetly for a reason. I would rather our copies be delayed and make sure they are unchanged, than to get them with the wording changed. And as far as respect, well that is earned not given, so we have to earn respect from this company.

questions for misses Pig,

why are you so concerned about USairways . I would think with UA coming up on open contracts YOU would be pretty busy working on that.

but then again maybe not . I don't think Rich is much interested in the Canale philosophy of negotiating

Overtime Update

Your company has taken a position that applies the daily qualifier to shift trades in such a way where it affects overtime premiums on days off. Therefore, an employee can work more than 40 hours at the company's request and only get paid straight time. This is a matter of contention and grievances have been filed, but a few things merit discussion.

item 1: Federal FLSA only applies to Airline workers for minimum wage rates and not overtime.
item 2: State Wage and Hour Laws are different in each state. Some would exempt your company while others will not, so check this link for further discussion State Wage and hour Laws

Item 3: The way to get bunches of Double time

Double up on one of your work days so you pick up 16 hours of straight time on a particular day. Then swap off your Friday so you have Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Then sign up for OT on all 3 off days. You will get double time on your Saturday and Sunday for all hours worked provided you get at least 4 hours of 1 1/2 on your Friday [first day off]. Better yet, work two doubles a week so you get 4 days off. Thus you have Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday off. Friday, Saturday, Sunday will all be your Double time days for all hours. Not bad!

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

SORRY TO GET OFF THE MULTIPLE TOPICS ON THIS THREAD BUT HERE IS A LINK TO THE REAL CHANGE NEEDED IN THE IAM. OUSTING CANALE AND MOST OF HIS REGIME WAS JUST THE BEGINNING, THE REMAINDER OF HIS CREW WILL BE GONE IN 18 MONTHS. REAL CHANGE STARTS AT THE TOP OF THE IAM. CLICK LINK BELOW TO VIEW.

Jackpot! Note to Tom B. : You could expedite this process by removing
RD and appointing Canale in his place. Or maybe just give him some
cushy non descript job where he can fly with you when you hop nob
with the Boyz up on the hill. Or just let him relax with his golden parachute
retirement.

As far as I can tell Tom B. has never come close to acknowledging any structual
problems with the IAMAW. Nor did he come close to acknowleging any gripes
we had in 141 as demonstrated in the entire ousting of Canale and his slate.

Its ironic that in the latest journal one new delegate is quoted as being so
impressed by the "incredible display of democracy" that was demonstrated
at the GL convention.

90% of that issue was devoted to politics. Once again IMO displaying a
complete disregard for looking at one's own side of the street. Tom B.
complains about "The Club" on the hill who have blocked the vote
on the new union representation law. Then he turns around and pulls
a much heavier handed manipulation of our right to fair representation.

It's time to get ride of this guy and all he stands for. When are the
nominations/elections if any body knows? I say if buffy wants to fly around
in a well appointed G5 then let him hitch a ride with Nancy Pelosi.

Thanks BF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back