IAM letters, referening to farm-out of our AIRBUS work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonecontroller

Advanced
Sep 3, 2002
CO – US Airways DL 141-M
August 4, 2003

Via Facsimile & U. S. Mail
Mr. David N. Siegel
President & C.E.O
US Airways, Inc.

Dear Mr. Siegel:

There have been recent reports that Senior Executives of US Airways have been traveling the country, advising our members of US Airways’ position concerning the maintenance of the Airbus aircraft.

This letter is to confirm the IAM’s official position on subcontracting heavy maintenance of the Airbus aircraft. Any attempt to subcontract this work, which falls under the jurisdiction of the IAM-US Airways Agreement, shall be considered a major dispute under the Railway Labor Act. The IAM will take whatever measures are necessary to protect any and all work that should be performed by IAM-represented mechanics at US Airways. As a major dispute, this will include, but is not limited to, seeking a Temporary Restraining Order, injunctive relief, withdrawing our services as provided by law, and/or whatever other legal action may be necessary.

I strongly recommend that, in order to avoid demoralization of our members and your employees, your management personnel cease and desist from any further discussions related to the farm-out of work that clearly falls under the jurisdiction of the IAM.

I must reiterate to you that any attempt to usurp the boundaries of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, as envisioned by the negotiators, will be met with an opposite and equal legal reaction.

Sincerely,

Robert Roach, Jr.
GENERAL VICE PRESIDENT

Dear Sisters and Brothers:

Their were pictures of Airbus aircraft taken in Florida and Arizona being sent around the property by someone alleging that C checks were being accomplished on them. The facts are that during bankruptcy the company tried to negotiate lower lease rates for all their aircraft. There were a few lesser that would not lower their rates so the company returned those aircraft.

The Airbus tail numbers that were returned were A320 A/C 101, A319 A/C 706. 707, 726, 728, and 729. We have the strongest scope language in the industry and we have already won grievances when the company sent aircraft to the desert , removed them from their operating certificate and had work done on them then brought them back into service.

Even though we have the strongest scope language in the industry and have been doing heavy maintenance on every aircraft we ever operated for Fifty years. We are now working for the biggest group of thieves I have seen in 35 years, and if they try to steal our work we may not be able to put them in jail, but I can assure you we will put them beside us in the unemployment line.

Sincerely and fraternally:

William Freiberger
General Chairman
District141-M IAMAW

http://www.iam141m.org/usairway.htm

Please see the topic "From the IAM 141m web site" as I suspect the moderators will close a duplicate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back