IAM Lies TWA Seniority

Status
Not open for further replies.
robbedagain said:
last time i checked, the side of planes say USAirways and my paychecks say USAirways though some planes say American
US Airways/USAIR you knew what I meant come on. USAIR is short for Airways.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
Yea, I'de say it's a done deal, but I still would like to know how they're going to handle those effected by the Kasher ruling? Are they going to expect the ruling to apply to predominately USair stations also? ------ That doesn't seem kosher to me! Or what if AA buys Alaska Air, or anyone else in the future? Would it apply to them also? ------ What I'm asking is, you've thrown these people under the bus once already! Do you expect to repeat it every time you pick up a new partner?

MCI transplant said:
Yea, I'de say it's a done deal, but I still would like to know how they're going to handle those effected by the Kasher ruling? Are they going to expect the ruling to apply to predominately USair stations also? ------ That doesn't seem kosher to me! Or what if AA buys Alaska Air, or anyone else in the future? Would it apply to them also? ------ What I'm asking is, you've thrown these people under the bus once already! Do you expect to repeat it every time you pick up a new partner?

That Kasher ruling stands on it's own two feet and will be carried over to the new American. It can't be changed and it is binding.

The Kasher ruling came because the two sides didn't come together and get an agreement. The TWU contract calls for their Members to not be harmed in the event there is a merger and integration takes place. At that time, the IAM contract didn't have the wording which is what Kasher used as an basis for his ruling.

I have not heard, or read any IAM official tell the TWA Members they were getting their seniority back. I did, however, hear that from former IAM Members (now with TWU) who were trying to get cards signed for the IAM before the Association agreement came about.

737823 said:
I've now come across three (3) FSCs who have told me the IAM is saying they will work to restore full seniority for TWA fleet and mechanics.

Josh
Oh. Which ones? What's their source? Is it an official position the IAM is taking? if so, where can we all go to check it out?

737823 said:
Funny two FSCs at LAX told me this yesterday, one ex-TW and one nAAtive and they said a TWU official told them.

Josh
Which official?

swamt said:
It is NOT a done deal.  It will be a done deal IF this alliance goes thru.  If another union is voted in during the election process after the NMB gives it's ruling, there should be an election.  If the NMB allows this thing to go forward yet again without a membership vote I would expect to see complete uproar from the AA and US mechanics and possibly a suit to fix it.

1-The NMB could rule yes to a SCS, but could add that there should be a run off between TWU and IAM. --Won't happen because neither filed for the SCS

2-The NMB could rule yes to SCS, and call for an election between TWU/IAM and the Alliance. --TWU/IAM is the Alliance

3-The NMB could rule yes to SCS, and agree with the alliance folks and force it upon the members without a vote, which would be really bad. --It's a new representation collective bargaining agent that would need to be vote on

Either example above should get AMFA time to turn in cards to be put on the ballot or at least have the chance of being wrote-in in the other block.   If  1 or 2 happens then it could very well be that the TWU, the IAM or AMFA alone could end up being the representational union when this is all said and done.  I am just saying that your claim to the "it's a done deal"  is not a true statement.  Trust me if the TWU wins the integration will in fact lean towards their members favor, they have proven this during the TWA integration.  The IAM?  Not sure quite what they might do.  And YES the IAM could very well win the election as a write in or if on the ballot as a choice.  There are enough pissed off TWU members to scared to go AMFA and afraid of being told they will lose their pensions ect... And if they were to win the election and regain full representational rights to the new AA'ers, just maybe the IAM might pull a little payback during the seniority integration as the TWU pulled on the TWA,  Hmmm, sweet justice maybe?? --The Seniority Integration was an arbitrated case having Arbitrator Kasher dictate the terms of the seniority for the TWA Members. It wasn't the TWU "screwing" those guys and it isn't up the IAM to "even the score."

You never know.  Also If AMFA is voted in, AMFA will follow the law to a tee and start nego's and be controled by what the membership wants, just like the SWA and AT integration.  Now stop right there, I am not saying it will go like it did at SWA/AT, what I am saying is it will go the way the majority of the membership wants it to go.  I still say AMFA organizers need to put it in writing that they are willing to represent the same seniority integration as the new alliance would to keep things running smooth.   A little long winded but now you get the point.  All this is a waste of time (and only as you may know already and will not share) if they force this alliance upon the new AA membership and then I would expect to see some major uproar and chaos if it is announced this way from the NMB and the representation at the new AA will be pathetic at it's worst with 2 unions in-fighting and power tripping over each-other that the membership will lose out in the end----PERIOD!!! --WE have one union right now and you apparently don't see the same type of in-fighting between the pro-AMFA guys and everyone else? And you actually believe that is one union wins over another the losing side will be singing kumba-ya? You have to do better than that if you hope to get a few more AMFA supporters to sign cards before this Association takes root.

swamt said:
It is NOT a done deal.  It will be a done deal IF this alliance goes thru.  If another union is voted in during the election process after the NMB gives it's ruling, there should be an election.  If the NMB allows this thing to go forward yet again without a membership vote I would expect to see complete uproar from the AA and US mechanics and possibly a suit to fix it.  
1-The NMB could rule yes to a SCS, but could add that there should be a run off between TWU and IAM.
2-The NMB could rule yes to SCS, and call for an election between TWU/IAM and the Alliance.
3-The NMB could rule yes to SCS, and agree with the alliance folks and force it upon the members without a vote, which would be really bad.
Either example above should get AMFA time to turn in cards to be put on the ballot or at least have the chance of being wrote-in in the other block.   If  1 or 2 happens then it could very well be that the TWU, the IAM or AMFA alone could end up being the representational union when this is all said and done.  I am just saying that your claim to the "it's a done deal"  is not a true statement.  Trust me if the TWU wins the integration will in fact lean towards their members favor, they have proven this during the TWA integration.  The IAM?  Not sure quite what they might do.  And YES the IAM could very well win the election as a write in or if on the ballot as a choice.  There are enough pissed off TWU members to scared to go AMFA and afraid of being told they will lose their pensions ect... And if they were to win the election and regain full representational rights to the new AA'ers, just maybe the IAM might pull a little payback during the seniority integration as the TWU pulled on the TWA,  Hmmm, sweet justice maybe??  You never know.  Also If AMFA is voted in, AMFA will follow the law to a tee and start nego's and be controled by what the membership wants, just like the SWA and AT integration.  Now stop right there, I am not saying it will go like it did at SWA/AT, what I am saying is it will go the way the majority of the membership wants it to go.  I still say AMFA organizers need to put it in writing that they are willing to represent the same seniority integration as the new alliance would to keep things running smooth.   A little long winded but now you get the point.  All this is a waste of time (and only as you may know already and will not share) if they force this alliance upon the new AA membership and then I would expect to see some major uproar and chaos if it is announced this way from the NMB and the representation at the new AA will be pathetic at it's worst with 2 unions in-fighting and power tripping over each-other that the membership will lose out in the end----PERIOD!!!
swa, the seniority issue is already decided should there be an alliance. It was ruled on by an arbitrator, Kasher and ii is binding and it is what it is. So whoever we wind up with, NO ONE's seniority is changing.
The IAM cannot UNDO what an arbitrator decided. Why do people have selective memories? KASHER MADE THE SENIORITY RULING.....NOT THE TWU AND NOT THE IAM

MCI transplant said:
I'm retired exTWA. I think most on this board know that.-----That being said, I don't believe it will ever happen! And if it did, it would, in reality,it would be only symbolic, I don't believe there are enough exTWAer's left to make that much of a difference anyway! ------- Would it be justified? ------ You bet it would!!! My question would be how is this merger going to effect them with the Kasher ruling still in effect? And what would the IAM/ TWU do about it, if anything?

Btw MCI I hope you enjoy the new MIA-MCI flights should be very convenient for you getting to the Caribbean. 

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.