IAM Paycuts

Bob, when a company is in trouble and as long as everybody's helping out, I don't have no problem helping out, unlike you. Sure! I would've like to put a stipulation that when good times is back we snap back and resume our current contract and future raises and so on. I also understand why that couldn't be done and it was applied to every employee group.

At what point you ask is enough? When everything is taken away and it's no longer worth being here then it's time to say "no". At this point, $30/hour and no cuts with the current medical, it is still ok, I'm still able to provide for my family. I'm actively looking for an alternate employment, if I can find one, because I don't want to go through this till I retire.

Bob, all I'm trying to tell you is we can only try to minimize the changes to our contract when you're in this situation and that's it.

Here's excerpts of what the AFA leadership is saying:

We do not want to give concessions, but the circumstances we face require cost cutting to ensure the survival of our company.

Our goal continues to be, to have control and influence over any changes to our Contract.

As we have said before, lamenting how or why we got to this point in our history will only “bogâ€￾ us down, and time is better spent attempting to find a way for our airline to emerge successfully from bankruptcy and once again prosper. There are numerous parties, especially our competitors, who would like for us to fail. Failure means our airline moves into Chapter 7 Liquidation and jobs for 80,000 employees would no longer exist.

We worked incredibly hard to stay out of bankruptcy because we knew that changes to our Contract inside bankruptcy would be much greater. There is no way to sugar coat this, these changes are going to hurt, so be prepared.

It is important to understand that we are participating in these discussions because we have a chance to shape the way the cuts are applied. If we just walked away, management would take its last offer to the bankruptcy court judge and ask for the changes to be made to our Contract. Not negotiating leaves all of the control in the hands of management and a bankruptcy judge. We want to keep as much control over this impossible situation as we can. In the end, you will get a chance to vote on any agreement we reach.

Negotiating and talking to the company is fine. But the company was dictating a six year take it or leave it contract. It also provided them with an out should conditions deteriorate further due to a war but it did not provide an out should conditions improve. Under those terms I would rather take my chances with a judge because if the terms they imposed were completely unacceptable you could strike. A strike would definetatly not be in the creditors interests. This fact should keep the judge from making the terms too onerous no matter what UAL pays him. The judges terms are only for when the company is in C-7 meaning that once things improve you will not have to live with this for the next six years.As it is now, you guys can strike since your agreement has been abrogated, that is of course unless the IAM agreed to those modifications.

RV4:

I think if you went back and studied history a little closer, airline concessions began in the Reagan and father Bush administration. They once again are now carrying over into the son's administration.

Who fired the Air Traffic Controllers? William (Zipper)Clinton or Ronald (hot bed) Reagan?

What International Unions actually supported these Air Traffic Controllers?

What President pulled the first attack on Iraq and pulled out without accomplishing his mission? What President then allowed Iraq troops to be trained in Georgia on terrorism? What President supplied Iraq with anthrax? What President abolished 170,000 union people to be represented by unions?

11.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/2/2003 12:23:18 PM Braveheart wrote:

RV4:

I think if you went back and studied history a little closer, airline concessions began in the Reagan and father Bush administration. They once again are now carrying over into the son's administration.

Who fired the Air Traffic Controllers? William (Zipper)Clinton or Ronald (hot bed) Reagan?

What International Unions actually supported these Air Traffic Controllers?

What President pulled the first attack on Iraq and pulled out without accomplishing his mission? What President then allowed Iraq troops to be trained in Georgia on terrorism? What President supplied Iraq with anthrax? What President abolished 170,000 union people to be represented by unions?

BRAVEHEART [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/11.gif']
----------------
[/blockquote]

Got a few more.
What President(through a new branch of government that he created)put in place an FAR, without prior review or comment that allows the revocation of ones liscence without due process?

What President told working people that they are not allowed to withhold thier labor because it might hurt the economy yet let Bosses shut down those same industries regardless of the economic impact. I believe the excuse is that its thier business, they own it so they can shut it down. Apparently workers do not own the rights to thier labor. If the withholding of thier labor has a negative economic impact they are forced by the government to keep working.

What President told Airline workers that they would not be allowed to strike because of "the publics right to fly" but now will allow those same airlines to go out of business? A strike would only temporarily inhibit ones "right" to fly on the affected airline, once the airline goes out of business thier "right" to fly on that airline has been permanently ended.

What President signed into law an act that demands that workers agree to concessions so that investors can see a 7% ROI at the workers expense?

What party do all the sponsors of S-1327 belong to?

Bob Owens you're about to be tested with concession. Let's see how you perform. Let's see if you're gonna walk the talk. "Don't make the wrong move...or you're going to pay even more..." Don't worry, if you don't like what you see, the Judge will decide for you.. He he he...

Yes...lets all go to the AA board and call-out the perils of wage givebacks like Bob Owens-Lott did here at UA.

Oh poor Bob...do you feel the pressure? The bankruptcy team is landing soon.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/1/2003 12:49:21 PM Bob Owens wrote:

Negotiating and talking to the company is fine. But the company was dictating a six year take it or leave it contract. It also provided them with an out should conditions deteriorate further due to a war but it did not provide an out should conditions improve. Under those terms I would rather take my chances with a judge because if the terms they imposed were completely unacceptable you could strike. A strike would definetatly not be in the creditors interests. This fact should keep the judge from making the terms too onerous no matter what UAL pays him. The judges terms are only for when the company is in C-7 meaning that once things improve you will not have to live with this for the next six years.As it is now, you guys can strike since your agreement has been abrogated, that is of course unless the IAM agreed to those modifications.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Bob,

The AA/TWU Local 514 President has posted under glass on the locked bulletin boards in Tulsa, that the International has confirmed through their financial review that indeed AA is in a financial crisis.

They are meeting today to formulate your concessions.

Are they also going to lead us to the Bankruptcy Judge using your philosophies?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/1/2003 12:49:21 PM Bob Owens wrote:

This fact should keep the judge from making the terms too onerous no matter what UAL pays him.
----------------
[/blockquote]

So Bob, if American lands in bankruptcy court how much do you think American will pay the Judge to get things their way? Hey Bob, Isn't that bribery? He he he...

Latest posts