IAM Ratification Passes 55% YES

N305AS

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Congratulations to the men and women of US Airways, particularly the members of the CWA and IAM who had the guts to do what was right for each other today.

May US Airways prosper and continue to fly for many years to come.

Flyonthewall:

Thanks for the information and to all of those who worked towards all employee groups reaching accords. As Al Michaels said in 1980, Do you believe in miracles?

Today marks an important day in the history of US Airways. This has been an emotional and mentally torturous experience for all US Airways employees, but now the employee cost reduction process is complete and labor can move forward.

Never before has this industry experienced the problems of today and there are going to be more people who lose their jobs and get hurt by the current financial crisis, which is disappointing at best.

Regardless of our differences, now is the time to band together, rebuild this company, and meet the competition head on.

There will be difficult bankruptcy obstacles ahead starting with the next Omnibus Bankruptcy Hearing next Thursday, September 26. At this hearing the court could decide on final approval for the TPG, CSFB, & BOA debtor-in-possession financing plan as well as determine bidding procedures for an equity plan sponsor; however, today I am more confident than ever the US Airways will emerge, survive, and eventually prosper.

Thank you to management, labor, and all interested parties that made these difficult decisions possible.

Chip

Now we are ONE. Congrats to CWA and IAM-M. NOW we move forward again!

What'ya bet Mr. Mullins has already called a board meeting for 8:00am tomorrow morning! HA!

What, cat got your tongue Mr. Owens?

There is literally no stopping us now.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/17/2002 10:06:12 PM A320 Driver wrote:

Now we are ONE. Congrats to CWA and IAM-M. NOW we move forward again!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Now the slowdown starts. You pay a mechanic less, he produces less work. You pretend to pay me, I pretend to work.

For the Yes voters you have my heartfelt Thank-You .

For the No voters , please do YOURSELF and the other USAirways employees a big favor.........turn in your notice tomorrow !

Way to go IAM and CWA Members. Now it's up to Dave to do his thing. This is indeed a good day. Let's get back to doing our jobs now. Hopefully our efforts now...will bring a speedy return to those whom that have been furloughed.

Congratulations to all of the people of US Airways for making the tough choices necessary to successfully restructure the Company.

While this time should be a moment of deep optimism, let's not forget that the real war has yet to begin. The Company now has to skirmish with creditors who have significant clout with the BK Judge and do not care about the future existence of the US franchise beyond recovery of their claims. Not to mention that unpleasant alternatives to the TPG plan may arise that could propose to fragment or liquidate the company instead of rebuilding it into a strong airline.

Again, enjoy today's victories as best as you can, but remember that it ain't over till the fat lady sings at the singing of the final decree...
---

Thank you for choosing Continental Airlines, a proud member of the SkyTeam Alliance.

[blockquote]
Now the slowdown starts. You pay a mechanic less, he produces less work. You pretend to pay me, I pretend to work.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Ahh, trade unionism at it's finest.

[P]Holy wowwie! Good show. I hope that with these cost-saving measures that US finally has the weapons it needs to maintain its current position and to grow and prosper from it. The management, employees, families, etc., have been through a tremendous ordeal - especially since last September. [/P]
[P]Here's to seeing profits, fleet growth, the return of furloughed employees to the payroll, and better days. [/P]

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------

]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

N513AU , Its obvious that working for USAirways is going to be a miserable experience for you from this point forward . Are you going to quit ? Are you making plans to quit ?

If not , could you please explain to the rest of us why you will continue to pretend to work for a company that pays you in pretend money ?

Congratulations to all my friends at US---you have reaffirmed my faith in the good people of US.

I wish you all the best in the upcoming recovery of what I truly believe is the best airline in the USA!!!

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/17/2002 10:28:10 PM N513AU wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/17/2002 10:06:12 PM A320 Driver wrote: [BR][BR]Now we are ONE. Congrats to CWA and IAM-M. NOW we move forward again! [BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]Now the slowdown starts. You pay a mechanic less, he produces less work. You pretend to pay me, I pretend to work.
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]Why do you even work at a company for which you have so much vitrol and hate. Do your own mental state a favor and quit. I'm sure that you'll feel much better - your dog will too.[/P]