IAM141-M INCREASES DUES

cat 111

Advanced
Aug 25, 2002
The union must be in bed with the company.They just raised the dues on it''s members. It must of been that 2nd vote !!! They suck. Sign a card today !!!!

That is pretty funny, because our dues in CLT went down effective 1/1/03 the dues only go up if you get raises, the per capita tax might increase but that means the local just get less money.

We're all in the same union,all locals should calculate dues the same.Typical IAM bass ackwards way of representing the memberships best intrests.

There are five ways to figures dues under the constitution your own membership at each local votes on their bylaws which contain on how each local figures its dues.

757, what location are you in and how does your local calculate dues? In CLT it is two times the wieghted average of the hourly wage per classification under each contract. So mechanic, stock clerks, and utility are all figured out seperate as is fleet since they are on their own agreement.

My dues went up $2.00 starting with this weeks check.Talk about kicking you in the nuts while your down.It's imperitive that we vote these jokers out.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 11:56:55 AM WNjetdoc wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 9:42:28 AM Biffeman wrote:

There are five ways to figures dues under the constitution your own membership at each local votes on their bylaws which contain on how each local figures its dues.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]

[/P]I don't know what you guys pay but we pay the IBT 86.00 per month, not to mention we pay parking monthly as well which equals about 21.00 per month.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Paying to come to work? What city is that in? Real estate must be really scarce there I guess. You figure it could cut the airline ( and ultimately its employees ) a break, wouldn't you think? -- Even a 2-bit outfit I used to work with in EWR ( Papa Echo ) didn't charge us to park...although many of us on 3rd shift opted to pay to park in a gated access lot in order to have a somewhat reasonable assurance our cars would still be there the next morning.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/3/2003 9:42:28 AM Biffeman wrote:
[P]There are five ways to figures dues under the constitution your own membership at each local votes on their bylaws which contain on how each local figures its dues.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]I don't know what you guys pay but we pay the IBT 86.00 per month, not to mention we pay parking monthly as well which equals about 21.00 per month.