Illinois Governor Sought To "Sell" Obama's Senate Seat

Senator Durbin is going to get writers cramp from writing letters to the President asking for pardons. :p

Thats "odd" fixer, because I don't find Sen. Durbin, to be that kind of politician,................BUT,..........I'll defer to you, because you are "on scene" there in the Land of Lincoln.

As for Gov. Rod,.............this is one DEM(Me) that says ....Castrate that crooked ***tard !!!!!!!!

Names from "the Smoking Gun" website combined with commentary from Slate.com

It appears that Valerie Jarrett was Obama’s choice at first, till the governor started asking for goodies in exchange for that appointment, and then the governor made clear that he would not appoint her. She’s clean. Also, apparently, Rahm Emanuel tipped off the FBI when approached by Blagojevic. John Dickerson on slate.com has noted, “Obama comes off as good as he could possibly have hoped for: He’s behaving well even when you don’t think anyone is watching.â€￾

Clearly, even in the midst of scandal, some people will do the right thing. Jarrett, Emanuel and Obama deserve credit here since they refused to go along with this apparently corrupt governor.

Don't get too giddy...........They're looking into Rezco and O's mortgage deal.

Then this rears its ugly head:

While insisting that the President-elect had not expressed a favorite to replace him, and his inclination was to avoid being a "kingmaker," Axelrod said, "I know he's talked to the governor and there are a whole range of names many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."

Suddenly they change their tune:

(UPDATE: An Obama Transition Team aide says that Axelrod misspoke on Fox News Chicago.)

(UPDATE #2: Axelrod this evening issued a statement saying. "I was mistaken when I told an interviewer last month that the President-elect has spoken directly to Governor Blagojevich about the Senate vacancy. They did not then or at any time discuss the subject.")

On another front:

According to Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., Mr. Obama's incoming White House chief of staff, Emanuel, then-state senator Obama, a third Blagojevich aide, and Blagojevich's campaign co-chair, David Wilhelm, were the top strategists of Blagojevich's 2002 gubernatorial victory.

Article

Said Rep. Eric Cantor of Virginia, the new GOP House whip: "The serious nature of the crimes listed by federal prosecutors raises questions about the interaction with Gov. Blagojevich, President-elect Obama and other high ranking officials who will be working for the future president."

Change you can believe in...

The arrogance it must take to run and win public office must truly be staggering. It not as if this is the first politician to be caught in a scandal. Did this idiot actually think he could sell a senate seat and get away with it? I heard a cop say once that the second you involve anyone else in a crime, consider your self screwed. The act will never be kept a secret. The political landscape is littered with reputations and careers destroyed by arrogance. How utterly stupid.

As a State of IL Resident I joked with some people "We are no longer the land of Lincolin, we are the Land of Locked Up Govenors." On a serious note according to what I heard from someone is that it is going to get a lot better.

dell,

You need to worry about Something worthwhile,

Like which Repugs will "sign off on the Big "2" bailout bill.

It's at THAT point, that you'll know which GOP ers will play ball for the next 8 years.

I KNOW we can count on...YOUR...Repug Senator !! :rolleyes:

Maybe something you can focus on......I have a feeling your man of the hour isn't quite going the way you had hoped.If it goes the way I foresee.....I may even like this guy.

Dude...you think for one minute GOP won't sign off on this bailout you're mistaken.Big three go belly up,who's going to supply the military? France?

Obama knows better than to get involved with this kind of crap. Right on Rahm for tipping off the Feds.... this guy had to go!

Its starting to look like there maybe more than meets the eye on this.

Jesse Jr made that speech the other day denying involvement but why did it sound like a farewell speech?
Now his pals have a fund raiser to raise a million to 'buy' the seat....it doesn't bode well for the poverty pimp's son.

Rahm is appearing like he was more involved than anyone is admitting.

Obama keeps making statements very very carefully worded that most likely bite him in the tail.

There are hours of tapes......the Obama administration is going to be all over these tapes.

Black eye for the Messiah......so early on..... :mf_boff:

Chicago as usual... it just happened to bleed over into the whole state of IL this time. The ones that get caught are usually the ones that bring Chicago politics to the rest of the state.