Stung! Burris on tape: Promises to 'do something' for Blagojevich

Freedom4all

Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
In a Nov. 13 conversation recorded by the FBI, Roland Burris told Rod Blagojevich’s brother he feared he’d “catch hell,â€￾ with the public if he gave the governor money at the same he was lobbying for a Senate seat appointment.

Still, Burris ends the call with a promise: “I will personally do something and it will come to you before the 15th, OK?â€￾

Such a promise of money is something Burris did not disclose to an Illinois House impeachment panel in sworn testimony after Rod Blagojevich appointed him to the U.S. Senate.

The revelation comes as a transcript of a conversation between Burris and Robert Blagojevich were unsealed by Chief U.S. District Judge James Holderman today, at the request of a U.S. Senate ethics panel investigating Burris.

OUCH!

That's gonna leave a mark.

Let's see if this gets any traction in the National Media. My money is on no media traction, but then again I'm old jaded and cynical.

This stuff to me is about as exciting as a headline "Sun Rises Again Today"
Didnt they rush him thru for the whole stimulus boondoogle? Who knows maybe they will just give him a pass with their standard "ethics waiver".