Illinois Governor Sought To "Sell" Obama's Senate Seat

The arrogance it must take to run and win public office must truly be staggering. It not as if this is the first politician to be caught in a scandal. Did this idiot actually think he could sell a senate seat and get away with it? I heard a cop say once that the second you involve anyone else in a crime, consider your self screwed. The act will never be kept a secret. The political landscape is littered with reputations and careers destroyed by arrogance. How utterly stupid.

I would suspect that this type of thing is business as usual in Washington.

Don't get too giddy...........They're looking into Rezco and O's mortgage deal.

Then this rears its ugly head:

Suddenly they change their tune:

On another front:

Article

Change you can believe in...

So far though, they haven't set up a terrorist attack on the U.S.(the twin towers),which resulted in thousands of Americans being killed, in order to drive public opinion toward an attack on a foreign country,for the purpose of controlling their oil resources.

And to add insult to injury, the cronies of the current president's father,"The Carlyle Group",own Halliburton(oil infrastructure), Diebold(our new voting machines),Blackwater(mercenaries), and others.

I figure that by the time the devil and his neo-con skull and bones cronies get done with our country, there won't be anything,anyone(democrat or other),can do to save this country.

I liked when he tried to argue that talking or offer a seat for profit is not the same as actually getting profit. As if trying to offer it for profit is OK? The Sen responded that IL it actually is illegal to offer it for profit. The Gov is toast from where I sit right now. Unless someone really screwed the pooch in obtaining evidence, he will need to be looking for work in a few months.

I liked when he tried to argue that talking or offer a seat for profit is not the same as actually getting profit. As if trying to offer it for profit is OK? The Sen responded that IL it actually is illegal to offer it for profit. The Gov is toast from where I sit right now. Unless someone really screwed the pooch in obtaining evidence, he will need to be looking for work in a few months.

His attorney at one point tried to question the legality of the wire taps. Why he did so I'm not sure. A judge had signed off on them so its not like the AG did it on his own.

In more related news Blagojevich named Obama's replacement, Roland Burris. It is rather obvious Blagojevich is using Mr. Burris in this sick little game he is playing. What I find incredible is that Roland Burris would go along with it, sad. Not that it matters becasue the IL Sec of State Jesse White will not certify the appoitment.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081230/ap_on_...linois_governor

This guy Blago is better than a movie......I knew he was going to pull this appointment off.

I'm curious if they can solidly prove conspiracy.....wouldn't surprise me if they can't.

No doubt he was soliciting for favors,but to what degree.

And Jesse Jackson Jr.....from what I saw in the media,he's been cooperating with Uncle Sam for over two years....they must have something tasty on him for his cooperation.

But of course.....these clowns are the only ones who've been caught....in this state.

Now you can see how Senators and Congressmen have lush lifestyles and homes in seven states on $150,000.

This guy Blago is better than a movie......I knew he was going to pull this appointment off.

You couldn't dream this stuff up even if you tired. If I were the head of the DNC I would be calling up Mike Madigan in Springfield, IL and ask him what was he thinking when they killed the special election. Now the Democrats in D.C. have to deal with this mess.

I am curious as to why anyone would even accept an appointment from him. Never mind, if someone sees an easy way to power, corrupt or not I guess they will jump on the opportunity. I hate politicians.

I would not accept a gift from a person under investigation like the Gov is. I like to be able to look my self in the mirror.