Illinois Governor Sought To "Sell" Obama's Senate Seat

The DC Dems want to put J Jackson Jr in the seat....stay tuned.

Say's who? The Democrats in DC have no say who takes Obama's old seat. Ried and company may try and block Burris from taking a seat however they cannot appoint someone to that seat.

That's up to either the governor of Illinois or the people of Illinois. The option for the people of Illinois to pick in a special election was never granted by the Democrats in Illinois who control the House and Senate in Springfield. So what we are left with is the current mess.

Burris and many of his supporters have suggested that the real reason for the rejection involved race.

OK really? I will be the first to say there is still a huge about of racism in this country toward blacks and other minorities but this is not one of them, at least not according to anything I have seen. For Buris to even suggest such a thing with out a shred of evidence makes me very happy that he was denied a seat in the Senate.

OK really? I will be the first to say there is still a huge about of racism in this country toward blacks and other minorities but this is not one of them, at least not according to anything I have seen. For Buris to even suggest such a thing with out a shred of evidence makes me very happy that he was denied a seat in the Senate.

It is starting to take an ugly tone. There was a black preacher in Chicago who called for the resignation of the of the Attorney General, Lt. Gov and Illinois Speaker of the House for their opposition Blago and the Burris appoitment. He left out the Secretary of State Jesse White who refused to sign the appoitment, he happens to be black. Of course Mr. Preacher also forgot that Blagojevich has feuded with aobut every Democrat in Illinois, including Jesse White. So like I said it's getting ugly.

I'm sure Blagojevich knew it would that's why he did it.

Here's an article that opens a window into his behavior.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine...rticle=0#artanc

Say's who? The Democrats in DC have no say who takes Obama's old seat. Ried and company may try and block Burris from taking a seat however they cannot appoint someone to that seat.

That's up to either the governor of Illinois or the people of Illinois. The option for the people of Illinois to pick in a special election was never granted by the Democrats in Illinois who control the House and Senate in Springfield. So what we are left with is the current mess.

Pay attention to whats going on in DC.....There is some reservation to Burris' viability election wise after Obama's term ends and if Burris would decide to run,a GOP candidate might beat him and get another seat.

The concern of the people of Illinois does not matter.

Among the deals floated by Fix sources: Burris agrees to serve out the remaining two years on Obama's term but not seek reelection in 2010 and Burris serves as a "shadow senator" (in the words of one Democratic operative) -- meaning he can participate in meetings and serve on committees but has no vote in the Senate; and Reid grants Burris lifetime floor privileges and lets him be sworn in and serve for a week, in exchange for his resignation.

Options...

Pay attention to whats going on in DC.....There is some reservation to Burris' viability election wise after Obama's term ends and if Burris would decide to run,a GOP candidate might beat him and get another seat.

The concern of the people of Illinois does not matter.

Options...

You keep ignoring the very important fact that the US Senate cannot appoint a senator from Illinois. There are only two ways a Senate seat that has been vacated can be filled. One by appoitment by the governor of that state or by special election. We all know which one occured.

I don't know where you are getting this idea that they want JJ Jr. With his name so closely involved in this mess I doubt his name is mentioned often.

777 fixer,

As a Chicagoland guy, you remember Rolando Cruz right? Our Sun Times ran a piece today comparing Burris's screw-up in the 80's with his "screw-up" now. They essentially say it is a character flaw.

Now that a key dem (Feinstein) has backed Burris, the tide may be receding a bit.

777 fixer,

As a Chicagoland guy, you remember Rolando Cruz right? Our Sun Times ran a piece today comparing Burris's screw-up in the 80's with his "screw-up" now. They essentially say it is a character flaw.

Now that a key dem (Feinstein) has backed Burris, the tide may be receding a bit.

How can anyone forget that name.

I honestly don't know what Roland Burris was thinking when he said yes to Blagojevich. Danny Davis had enough sense to run for the hills when Blago came a calling. At least he knew that Blagojevich was trying to use him for his sick little game.

What's even more bizzare is how Burris can say with a straight face not to associate him with Blagojevich. News flash Roland, you will always be associated with him now. Did he not notice him standing right next to him at the initial press conference?

777 fixer,

Lily,

I vaguely remember the "Cruz" case.
Didn't he get off because of bad(illegal) Police work, or something like that.

Thanx for any clarification(s)

Lily,

I vaguely remember the "Cruz" case.
Didn't he get off because of bad(illegal) Police work, or something like that.

Thanx for any clarification(s)

Bad police work and poor legal work on the part of the DA is what put him in jail in the first place. It turned out he had nothing to do with the crime.

You keep ignoring the very important fact that the US Senate cannot appoint a senator from Illinois. There are only two ways a Senate seat that has been vacated can be filled. One by appoitment by the governor of that state or by special election. We all know which one occured.

I don't know where you are getting this idea that they want JJ Jr. With his name so closely involved in this mess I doubt his name is mentioned often.

I know all about the seating process as you do too.

Maybe someone should tell Harry Reid and his gang what you and I know.

DC sure as hell can push Illinois....thats where it is.