India Rez Agents

AgMedallion

Advanced
Aug 31, 2002
When my DL flight was misconnecting in SLC, my spouse (ex airline employee, but not DL), who was not traveling with me, called DL rez while I was in the air enroute to SLC for the misconnect. She was trying to find out what my options would be, etc. She got a rez center in India, or at least the agent had a thick, very hard to understand Indian accent (that's India indian, not American Indian :) ). The agent was totally unfamiliar with common airport codes, like ATL and IAD. I had heard that DL outsourced some of their reservations work. Is this low level of quality typical of the Indian reservationists, or was my wife just unlucky? She hung up and called customer service (U.S. this time) and they were able to help.

I did read somewhere that DL has outsourced some RES jobs to India.

Also, for a time, TW used inmates to field reservation calls. That didn't last too terribly long; once passengers caught wind of it, they began bellowing about credit card security issues.

However, sending American jobs to India, China, and the Phillipines is the name of the game these days. Any job that can be done over the telephone and/or on a computer is in danger of being given to someone outside the country.

A lot of Computer companies--both software and hardware--have their Customer Support phones/emails answered in India these days. And, yes, i ran into the unintelligible accent problem when I tried to get answers to a software problem I was having. Unfortunately, in my case the software company no longer has a Customer support office in the U.S.

AgMedallion said:
When my DL flight was misconnecting in SLC, my spouse (ex airline employee, but not DL), who was not traveling with me, called DL rez while I was in the air enroute to SLC for the misconnect. She was trying to find out what my options would be, etc. She got a rez center in India, or at least the agent had a thick, very hard to understand Indian accent (that's India indian, not American Indian :) ). The agent was totally unfamiliar with common airport codes, like ATL and IAD. I had heard that DL outsourced some of their reservations work. Is this low level of quality typical of the Indian reservationists, or was my wife just unlucky? She hung up and called customer service (U.S. this time) and they were able to help.
"When"(NOT IF) DUMBYA, Cheney, Karl Rove etc. are EJECTED from 1600 PENN. Ave., on 1/20/05, "OUTSOURCING" will be extremely FROWNED UPON !!!!!!!!

It very well may be "one" of the key issues that this EXORCISM will occur.

NH/BB's

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
"When"(NOT IF) DUMBYA, Cheney, Karl Rove etc. are EJECTED from 1600 PENN. Ave., on 1/20/05, "OUTSOURCING" will be extremely FROWNED UPON !!!!!!!!

NH/BB's
Outsource "W"

DELETED

add AOL customer service to that list :( Do they just not get it? If we keep letting all our jobs leave our shores, soon there will be no one to stand up for us when they outsource our jobs. Are the days of the United States as a super power coming to an end? In 1985 the USSR was a super power...look at them now. :unsure:

The really stupid thing about outsourcing Rez offices outside the company is that they are profit centers for the companies. Ususally you protect your income producing jobs here and outsource those jobs that are considered simply overhead expenses. Rez centeres raise revenue. Give these American jobs to countries where American cannot understand them and you will soon have a big problem on your hands. Dell Computer and GE already found out and have brought these jobs back to America. A company's best customers will take their business elsewhere. Bottom line is you do not move your profit centers out of the country!!!

NH/BB's
Wow...you are one unique individual. If I said it was going to rain tomorrow, you'd start yelling about "Once we get rid of that dam*ed bunch of Republican crooks in the White House, the weather's gonna be perfect every day!!!" You really have to learn that you can't blame politicians (Republican or Democrat) for everything that happens in life that you don't approve of. Especially when most or all of the things you have a particular hatred of/for were all happening when the other party was in power. Chill. :)

I hope Secret Service checks you out. If you're not on their list, you should be. :angry:

Any possibility we could return to talking about aviation and not political bashing.

Please take it off line, I do not want to see this forum turing into inside politics.

What bramafear posted isn't politics or bashing. It could be viewed as a potential death threat to President Bush. Using USaviation.com for that purpose is what you should really be concerned with, not whether something is on or off topic! Hopefully, Secret Service will be investigating that jerk. I'm quite sure they and other government agencies monitor various forums, including this one, for terrorist threats, including those from mental cases like bramafear. :down:

Not sure about GE, but Dell is our equipment supplier and there isn't anyone left in the States but sales. If they are changing...bout time. :)

As far as outsourcing goes, I currently run a company that provides these services to tech companies. We have a simple setup, don't try to impress people with million dollar buildings, and do what we are hired to do. We brought on one client last month that was paying $20k a month to support their end-users...we cut their bill in half and their average call times have gone from 20 minutes to under 8. Not bad for a DOMESTIC call center. Best of all we are profitable and enjoy what we do. The problems with all of these other companies here...they have become too acustomed to spending millions on massive buildings and trying to cloud their failings with fancy suites and expensive lunches. I prefer the old fashion way...save the customer money and make their customers happy - they'll come back for more. :)

NH/BB's
You sound just like the auto workers in the '80's. Clinton couldn't stop the rise of the Japanese imports and neither would Kerry be able to stop the tide even if given a chance.

Furthermore, will Kerry force the Americans who stole jobs from Germans, Japanese, et. al. when they started working for foreign companies in the USA to return them? Wow, 6,400,000 Americans instantly out of work. There's a sound economic policy for you!

Latest posts