India Rez Agents

Nebbie Nuts! said:
NewHampshire Black Bears said:
"When"(NOT IF) DUMBYA, Cheney, Karl Rove etc. are EJECTED from 1600 PENN. Ave., on 1/20/05, "OUTSOURCING" will be extremely FROWNED UPON !!!!!!!!

It very well may be "one" of the key issues that this EXORCISM will occur.

NH/BB's
You sound just like the auto workers in the '80's. Clinton couldn't stop the rise of the Japanese imports and neither would Kerry be able to stop the tide even if given a chance.

Furthermore, will Kerry force the Americans who stole jobs from Germans, Japanese, et. al. when they started working for foreign companies in the USA to return them? Wow, 6,400,000 Americans instantly out of work. There's a sound economic policy for you!
Please don't confuse the Bush bashers with facts! They live in their own little dream world where one man (or his party) are the root of all evil. If the Dems ever do capture the White House, they'll still find others to blame.

The reality is that the days of these jobs remaining in the US are numbered. Yes, today the training and education of the India employees is too low, but that can and will be fixed. Once it is, there's nothing left to prevent these jobs from moving overseas.

Labor in the US is very expensive compared to many other countries. There is no protectionist scheme that can prevent jobs that can be done overseas in lower-cost countries from being done overseas in lower-cost countries.

I'm not arguing the moral or ethical points. I'm stating facts.

At least ATO and ramp employees are safe in this regard. As are the crew. Most likely mechanics are safe as well, because it would take a mighty big pay differential to make shuttling aircraft overseas for maintenance cost-effective. But that's pretty much the extent of airline jobs that must remain in the US.

In the short run, it is quite likely that the standard of living in the US will drop as a result of these pressures. In the long run, the standard of living worldwise will rise from increased trade. It's just going to be really painful in the short run in countries such as the US, France, and Germany.

When"(NOT IF) DUMBYA, Cheney, Karl Rove etc. are EJECTED from 1600 PENN. Ave., on 1/20/05, "OUTSOURCING" will be extremely FROWNED UPON !!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

I wonder if you can tell everyone who was in office when NAFTA
was ratified.

SMC

Sierra Mike Charlie said:
When"(NOT IF) DUMBYA, Cheney, Karl Rove etc. are EJECTED from 1600 PENN. Ave., on 1/20/05, "OUTSOURCING" will be extremely FROWNED UPON !!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

I wonder if you can tell everyone who was in office when NAFTA
was ratified.

SMC
At least give hime a hint! Here are two:

The President at the time is an individual who is unsure of the definition of the word "is".

The Vice President at the time is the inventor of the Internet.

orwell said:
I did read somewhere that DL has outsourced some RES jobs to India.

Also, for a time, TW used inmates to field reservation calls. That didn't last too terribly long; once passengers caught wind of it, they began bellowing about credit card security issues.
Also, for a time, TW used inmates to field reservation calls. That didn't last too terribly long; once passengers caught wind of it, they began bellowing about credit card security issues.[/QUOTE]

Of course, the interesting thing from that was that the center they had using inmates had lower credit card fraud rates than average for airlines...

orwell said:

Also, for a time, TW used inmates to field reservation calls. That didn't last too terribly long; once passengers caught wind of it, they began bellowing about credit card security issues.
Also, for a time, TW used inmates to field reservation calls. That didn't last too terribly long; once passengers caught wind of it, they began bellowing about credit card security issues.[/QUOTE]

Of course, the interesting thing from that was that the center they had using inmates had lower credit card fraud rates than average for airlines...

lownslow said:
orwell said:

Of course, the interesting thing from that was that the center they had using inmates had lower credit card fraud rates than average for airlines... [/quote]
Credit card fraud rates for the customers or the agents? The rate among employees, i.e. agents, should be zero. The customers fraud rates shouldn't be any different if the customers are talking to prisoners, non-prisoners or foreigners.

>>The President at the time is an individual who is unsure of the definition of the word "is".<<

Unlike the current president who asks the question "IS our children being educated?"

Dave said:
>>The President at the time is an individual who is unsure of the definition of the word "is".<<

Unlike the current president who asks the question "IS our children being educated?"
But at least when a woman says "no", Bush knows the meaning of that word, whereas Slick Willie just goes ahead and rapes her.

AgMedallion said:
But at least when a woman says "no", Bush knows the meaning of that word, whereas Slick Willie just goes ahead and rapes her.
Shrub would be doing the same, but he and dick are too busy raping the American public.

Speaking of which, since you're a big bush guy, why did this administration decide to increase the amount of oil we hold in our strategic oil supply during a time when oil is well above thirty bucks a barrel, driving the price of jet fuel, not to mention the price of gas at the pump, to all time highs when airlines can hardly afford it? Didn't we just invade Iraq, a country with the worlds second largest oil reserves?

Dave said:
AgMedallion said:
Shrub would be doing the same, but he and dick are too busy raping the American public.

Speaking of which, since you're a big bush guy, why did this administration decide to increase the amount of oil we hold in our strategic oil supply during a time when oil is well above thirty bucks a barrel, driving the price of jet fuel, not to mention the price of gas at the pump, to all time highs when airlines can hardly afford it? Didn't we just invade Iraq, a country with the worlds second largest oil reserves?
I'm definitely not a big Bush guy...I preferred McCain in 2000. However, I do recognize a total and complete sc*mbag when I see/hear one and that sc*mbag is named Bill Clinton. How anybody can support someone with such a total lack of character is beyond me, but I suppose with the Dems, character definitely doesn't count. Btw, "raping the American public", which is a totally subjective term, even if true in someone's fantasy world, is not even subject to prosecution, whereas what Bill Clinton did to Juanita Broaddrick definitely is, if it weren't for the statute of limitations. Luckily for Slick Willie and his itchy dick, he was Arkansas's AG at the time of the crime and it's too late now. Funny how he prefers Dems for his little games (Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey, Lewinsky, et al). I guess Republicans' standards are too high to mix with the likes of him.

Dave said:
AgMedallion said:

What are the refineries going to do with it if it gets taken out of the reserves?

Interesting political discussions going on, might as well throw my $.02 in.

The election is over.

Bush is re-elected.

The vast majority of the public view Bush as better equipped to prosecute the war on terror yhan Kerry.

Democrats, thru the 911 commission hearings, brought the war on terror to the forefront in an effort to embarrass the president.

The public, sensing that maybe the war on terror is something they need to be concerned about, starts to think about same. hence, bush's poll numbers rise.

The economy, battered by the Clinton recession that began Q3 1999 and further hammered by the uncertainty generated by the 911 attacks, begins to feel the impact of the Bush tax cuts at just the right time. Economy on rebound. Jobs increasing in number. Consumer confidence fairly high and on the rise. interest rates low.

With those two issues neutralized, what does kerry have to attack Bush on? Gas prices? Heck, Kerry wanted to tack on a $.50 gas tax while back.

Why are gas prices high? We use a lot of the stuff. OPEC has us hamstrung because we can't dig for our own, ie the ANWR. The economy is, in fact picking up steam, which results in increased demand. Increased demand when combined with static or decreasing supply is going to yield higher prices. Neither Kerry, nor Bush, nor anyone else in politics will ever figure out a way to successfully repeal the laws of supply & demand.

Let's say Kerry goes after Bush on health care. The dems tried for umpteen years but never managed to grab their knees and squeeze out a prescription drug plan for Medicare recipients. The one we have may or may not be exactly what the doctor ordered (pun partially intended) but it is out there, and for all their posturing it is a heck of a lot more than the Clinton regime managed to produce.

Now all that being said, I would be very pleased if, around convention time, Cheney decided to step down from the ticket due to health reasons and help position the GOP for another victory in 2008 when Hillary is on the other side of the ballot. And the way to do that is to throw either a Bush/Rice or a Bush/Giulani ticket at the dems this time around.

But, without pictures of Bush in a cheap motel room with Janet Reno and barney Frank, this election is history. Stick a fork in the dems, they're done.

ELP_WN_Psgr said:
Interesting political discussions going on, might as well throw my $.02 in.

The election is over.

Bush is re-elected.

The vast majority of the public view Bush as better equipped to prosecute the war on terror yhan Kerry.

Democrats, thru the 911 commission hearings, brought the war on terror to the forefront in an effort to embarrass the president.

The public, sensing that maybe the war on terror is something they need to be concerned about, starts to think about same. hence, bush's poll numbers rise.

The economy, battered by the Clinton recession that began Q3 1999 and further hammered by the uncertainty generated by the 911 attacks, begins to feel the impact of the Bush tax cuts at just the right time. Economy on rebound. Jobs increasing in number. Consumer confidence fairly high and on the rise. interest rates low.

With those two issues neutralized, what does kerry have to attack Bush on? Gas prices? Heck, Kerry wanted to tack on a $.50 gas tax while back.

Why are gas prices high? We use a lot of the stuff. OPEC has us hamstrung because we can't dig for our own, ie the ANWR. The economy is, in fact picking up steam, which results in increased demand. Increased demand when combined with static or decreasing supply is going to yield higher prices. Neither Kerry, nor Bush, nor anyone else in politics will ever figure out a way to successfully repeal the laws of supply & demand.

Let's say Kerry goes after Bush on health care. The dems tried for umpteen years but never managed to grab their knees and squeeze out a prescription drug plan for Medicare recipients. The one we have may or may not be exactly what the doctor ordered (pun partially intended) but it is out there, and for all their posturing it is a heck of a lot more than the Clinton regime managed to produce.

Now all that being said, I would be very pleased if, around convention time, Cheney decided to step down from the ticket due to health reasons and help position the GOP for another victory in 2008 when Hillary is on the other side of the ballot. And the way to do that is to throw either a Bush/Rice or a Bush/Giulani ticket at the dems this time around.

But, without pictures of Bush in a cheap motel room with Janet Reno and barney Frank, this election is history. Stick a fork in the dems, they're done.
You must be a psychic! Can you also predict when U and UA are going to fold?

The elections are not over and there is still a lot of things this administration has to explain. Not every thing is as clear black and white as you put it.

And back to the initial argument, as we are exporting jobs out of this country so are other countries exporting jobs to the US. Do you think German and Japanese autoworkers are happy that many of the cars they used to build are now assembled in the US? It looks like we are taking on one side and give on the other.

What the politicians should do is making it more attractive to keep jobs in the US and in areas that need it. And unions should get their act together and not demand as much as they do. Look what is happening, companies are moving the jobs out of the US.

For example look what Union demands did to jobs in Germany. LH moved it’s Int’l reservation center to South Africa and the Billing Center to India. Unions demanded and at the end the workers lost. I don’t want to say that every thing that unions do is wrong, but it looks like they are getting to greedy.

Don’t blame this or other administrations for all of the overseas outsourcing. The unions did their fair share to it them self.

ELP_WN_Psgr said:
All excellent points. :) As much as I despise Slick Willie and agree that the recession started while he was still in office, I don't blame him. I don't think any President should be given credit for economic upswings or blame for economic downturns. Most of that activity is due to the normal business cycle and other events Presidents have little or no control over, i.e. 9/11, dot com bubbles, etc.
What I find most disagreeable re Democrats is their proclivity to being elitists, i.e. assuming you're dumb and need their help in running your life. They propose all kinds of ineffective, wasteful and unnecessary social engineering programs which basically benefit bureaucrats and lawyers. Their constant yammering about Bush (a Yale and Harvard graduate) being dumb is truly laughable.