Interesting 737-300 Comparisons

mweiss said:
But ignoring that while pointing to the payscales is turning the argument into apples and oranges.
It is a by-product of a hub system, to a degree. However, there's still plenty of room for improvement in the efficiency of hubs. That must be addressed.
Last time I checked, air travel isn't supposed to be a charity.
I'm sorry if I was not clear - I did not mean payscales only - I meant total employee compensation. I am fully aware of productivity's role in costs - calculus is not required! ;)

Let me make another attempt at clarity - agent productivity at U is not hampered, in any way, shape, form or fashion BY THE CONTRACTS.

Productivity IS HAMPERED BY THE BUSINESS PLAN.

As the contracts do not speak to this, management is, and has been, clear to manuever.

I did not imply the airlines should operate a charity. I believe I conveyed the fact that our elected representatives, knowing full well the reasons for and the history of aviation policy, are pi$$ing it away (hiding behind the 'market speaks') without so much as a discussion. I suspect their attention will perk up when the market decides the senator's local airport is expendable.

My English 102 prof said, "Have a target audience in mind when you write." I have considered most here capable of understanding nuance and implication.

Or is that too subtle?

Your initial statement was that US has a labor cost advantage vis a vis WN. That statement is true from some perspectives and false from others. I just wanted to make sure it was clear to which perspective you were referring. You have cleared that up. Thank you.

Back