Interesting day at PHL

Aug 20, 2002
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/12/philadelphia-airport-cocaine-bust-is-largest-in-airport-history_n_1201518.html

Customs officials at Philadelphia International Airport seized a 130-pound cache of cocaine valued at $4 million Sunday.

The drugs were found in three unattended duffel bags. It's believed this is the biggest cocaine bust the airport has seen, according to records going back to 1990, reports MyFox Philly.

Article is rather short on details. I am guessing these were checked bags?

Delays?

The bust possibly prevented numerous crimes and saved lives.

Seriously?

Delays?

Seriously?

Yes I'm serious. Read up on the effects of Prohibition of Alcohol and the subsequent rise of 40% in violent crime. Al Capone, Bugsy Seigal and even the Kennedy's made millions and their names became household woods. Just like the Cali Drug cartel, Pablo Escobar etc etc.

Also bear in mind that thousands more Americans die from improper use/abuse pf Legal Drugs then do from illegal drugs, then of course there are the legal vices like Alcohol and Tobacco which kill hundreds of thousands per year.

True freedom and liberty include the God given right to be stupid as long as you (Not Government) are willing to accept the consequences of your actions. Kind of like my former Sister-In-Law. Got addicted to Percodan, Oxycontin and a host of legal painkillers. Embezzled over 400K from a Twp in NJ and did 4 years for her efforts. I used to chuckle about her denial that she was no different then a street junkie.

just curious what makes you think there was employees involved.
Employees of what company? The story says the bags were picked up and sniffed after nobody claimed them in the international terminal. Presumably, that mean they were on a carousel for a flight from DR. Sounds more like someone was able to get (AHEM: SMUGGLE) them onto the plane in DR but the mule designated to pick them up was a no show. It's not inconceivable to believe that they did not match a passenger flying on the actual flight.

We can be sure of one thing - the seller and the local recipient are two very unhappy people.

True freedom and liberty include the God given right to be stupid as long as you (Not Government) are willing to accept the consequences of your actions,

AND DO NOT HARM OR INFRINGE UPON THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS.

Driver...

Give me a hit off of that before you put it out...

Delays?

Seriously?
Wrong. Gong noise, please.

Proven, time and again, that criminalizing drugs only drives up the price and attracts criminals and does little, if nothing, to actually reduce the usage.

American logic, at its worst. Didn't work with alcohol, like beating one's head against a wall, why would any half-way intelligent person repeat failure?

Latest posts

Back