Interesting Factoid

Right, exactly. I'm sure AA could easily afford to pay half as many mechanics $45/hour if the difference in workload was outsourced.

Is that a good solution for the TWU'ers on here?

What yoyu fail to understand or realize is that AA keeps heavy overhaul in house because it is cheaper in the long term. If it wasnt AA would have outsourced it long ago. That is a FACTOID ;)

What yoyu fail to understand or realize is that AA keeps heavy overhaul in house because it is cheaper in the long term. If it wasnt AA would have outsourced it long ago. That is a FACTOID ;)

Sure it is, at the current pay rates of under $34/hr; even Bob Owens has admitted that it probably isn't "cost-effective" at $47/hr. If it was cheaper to do overhaul inhouse at higher pay rates, then why don't WN and UPS do heavy airframe overhaul inhouse? Why have all airlines other than AA outsourced their overhaul? Are all those other airlines' execs even more stupid than AA's execs?

Your worse than our local presidents. FEAR this FEAR that.
Dogs that have nothing in this fight but an opinion!
Whatever, guys. Just remember the $33K and $60K when it comes time for a PEB.

Eolson was correct, try and find an old NWA mech that is making 70k a year after being replaced after their strike. If you look at Eagle you'll find a lot of former TWA F/A's, because that's the job they could find. Eagle mechs don't make what we make and they live where we live.

Exploitation of the chapter 11 bankruptcy process for the majority of them.

I wouldn't advocate ferrying empty airplanes around the world to Communist China for heavy maintenance as a good business decision.

Nor would I, but it is apparently the cheaper business decision. Cheap ain't always what's best.

Why don't we start contracting out our executives to China, Indian, and Vietnam....
... now, THAT would save a ton of money and may even increase the executive quality, also ...

Don't forget about the board of directors ...

Why don't we start contracting out our executives to China, Indian, and Vietnam....

Well thought out, because China treats their workers so much better then America treats their workers. UALand NWA has their OH done in China and their planes are flying with no more problem's then AA's a/c.

How many guys at AA think they can't be replaced. Arrogance will be our downfall.

Sure it is, at the current pay rates of under $34/hr; even Bob Owens has admitted that it probably isn't "cost-effective" at $47/hr.

I believe many would except getting back what was lost in 2003, a modest COLA, high cost regional pay, and no further concession. I would then welcome AA to start managing without the TWU's assistance, and the TWU to start building value into our profession. I do not believe it's possible, as only a change in representation would accomplish that goal.

Reactions: 1 person

Eolson was correct, try and find an old NWA mech that is making 70k a year after being replaced after their strike. If you look at Eagle you'll find a lot of former TWA F/A's, because that's the job they could find. Eagle mechs don't make what we make and they live where we live.

We, did you say we? Please, we have no need for an uneducated troll who's flamebaiting.

Well thought out, because China treats their workers so much better then America treats their workers. UALand NWA has their OH done in China and their planes are flying with no more problem's then AA's a/c.

How many guys at AA think they can't be replaced. Arrogance will be our downfall.
<_< -------- If you want to work for Chinese wages, that's your choice!----- Not ours!!!!

Nor would I, but it is apparently the cheaper business decision. Cheap ain't always what's best.

Ah, but it is when it comes to labor and their associated costs isn't it?

AA created quite the canine and equestrian show with this "Customer Experience Reward" ceremony to demonstrate "How much they value us" all the while sitting at the negotiating table and slapping us in the face with concessionary offer after concessionary offer.

All stick, no carrot,it never changes with AMR.

Ah, but it is when it comes to labor and their associated costs isn't it?

AA created quite the canine and equestrian show with this "Customer Experience Reward" ceremony to demonstrate "How much they value us" all the while sitting at the negotiating table and slapping us in the face with concessionary offer after concessionary offer.

All stick, no carrot,it never changes with AMR.
... as another fellow's(?) signature reads, "We know the cost of everything and the value of nothing - We're American Airlines".

Try and find a new one that is
From the ones who come back and post here most didnt have that much trouble replacing their income once they left aviation.
How many former TWA mechs became Eagle Mechs? Eagle is basically an apprentice program for the majors, not too many make a career out of Eagle. 54% of AAs mechs are over 50, 99% of the mechanics in our local are over 30, how many Eagle mechs are over 30?

Latest posts