US Airways Customer's Opinions and Comments

Art, Im really happy that you were able to meet DP and in a short moment impress upon him the importance of communicating with those that happen to pay his salary. Knowing you from this board I am sure you were also able to impress him with your knowlege and superior communication skills. I hope your trvls this week are safe and someone appreciates your caring attitude. As always, Regards.

Art, Im really happy that you were able to meet DP and in a short moment impress upon him the importance of communicating with those that happen to pay his salary. Knowing you from this board I am sure you were also able to impress him with your knowlege and superior communication skills. I hope your trvls this week are safe and someone appreciates your caring attitude. As always, Regards.
That is why his nickname is Dr.K as in Kissinger.... or to his close friends as Dr. Kissxxx :rolleyes:

:lol:

Her strategy now is to get to 120 ASAP and do the balance on another carrier, Seems she is a very high yield customer and CO calls her at home soliciting her business. Now it looks like CO is gonna get 43 segments.

So US still gets 120 and CO only gets 43...

Did I miss something here?

Sure US could get all 163, but realistically, they don't.

So US still gets 120 and CO only gets 43...

Did I miss something here?

If this woman flies from a hub city then, realistically, they would get the other 43.

I had a similar experience with a friend who flies a ton and never heard of FT. His response was the same as hers.

that's where you are wrong. although there are exceptions to every rule, rollover more often than not, promotes loyalty. No rollover promotes disloyalty. There is no incentive to fly over 100K miles. Once you hit that mark, jump ship and go to another carrier and get status there as well as on US to give you more flexibility in your travels.

And when you don't travel from a hub, there is even a greater chance that no rollover will promote disloyalty.

And, who brought up the rollover "exception" again?????? My medication was just kicking in.....

I'd be curious to hear why the company thinks rollover is costing them money and why it was dropped (otherwise, why not reinstate it and be done with it?). I'll ask Doug, but if anyone here can respond before then, please do so.

I supppose that Tempe might be planning to comp long term CPs who miss 100K in any given year...and thus we wouldn't need rollover.

Still it seems like a bad business decision to P!$$ off one's loyal customers with a scheme that encourages defection.

OK, we're going to take this one step at a time.

Barbell,

I really don't appreciate you questioning my integrity.

Not once in that post did I question your integrity. Your ability as a smart, productive, and honest human being has nothing to do with the calculated business decision to let those 43 segments go (and my bet is, most of them won't. Call it arrogance, call it Scott Kirby's a jacka$$, time and time again more often than not airline loyalty stays or goes away completely. The vast majority of VFFs don't split between programs. Maybe some of you are a different story, but most of you aren't).

She flew 1630 on US last year and 207 the year before.

What are we talking here, miles? segments? Well, I just realized I don't care.

I told her someone would say exactly what you just said. Additionally she wrote to Scott Kirby on February 1st and has not gotten a response as of yet. Continental actively courts her as a customer. Read that S-L-O-W-L-Y "Actively Courts" her as a customer. The 163 and 207 are her segments on US Airways. Does not count her trips to the Far East.

As soon as Larry Kellner starts calling her at home for solicitations, then maybe we can start p*ssing and moaning that Scott Kirby isn't returning her letters. Last I looked, he had an airline to run. And while you can't have an airline w/o customers, you most sure as sh*t can't have customers w/o an airline. I don't have to read anything slowly, either. Just because all you big cats live on the East coast doesn't make you any smarter or faster readers. Heck, I probably read that whole post in the time it took you to type that trite, offensive little sentence. You wanna know why some of us don't respond? Well, arrogance gets arrogance back. Oh, and there's the answer to my previous question. Thanks for clearing that up so quickly.

What you fail to grasp is that here in the East at 109,000 miles and 123 segments I'm a light weight when it comes to CP status. US can lose me and not skip a beat. But folks like this lady who flys last minute a ton of times is a different story and you just dismiss her out of hand. 43 segments at even $300 per segment is alot of money from one customer and last time I looked US wasn't backing up the Brinks Truck to off load the profit.

Oh, no, we know who you are. And each and every one of our CPs are very important to us. If they choose to leave, we're not going to hold a gun to their heads. If she's in a hub (which I would assume being on a flight w/ you), then flying CO would necessitate connections through EWR and then she's going to have to decide if the heavy breathing phone call from Larry Kellner was incentive enough to get away from the nonstop flight and endure the hassle of an EWR connection. Not arrogance, but fact.

Scot Kirby is the problem NOT Doug Parker.

Tempe doesn't respond to their high yield customers! We have a ton of anecdotal evidence to support my allegation. If someone has facts they care to present I'm all eyes and ears.

And what, other than anecdotal evidence, do you have? Sqwat. Anyone can say they pay $3000 a ticket 43 times a year. I work with data everyday that says otherwise. And, no, I'm not posting it here.

Then why don't they publish a soft landing benefit?

Because then it's out there for the whole world to see.

Oh, yeah, sorry I'm just now getting to this:

akin to me posting on here that you were a child molester,

Shocking, vile, disgusting, childish, and rude, and incidentally completely out of line. I do believe I regret the help I've offered so far, and no more from the inside will be forthcoming from this individual. With this post I'll be off to run my own little fifedom within the airline and leave the rest of you to fight it out amongst yourselves. It's been fun, too bad someone with this level of filfth had to go and ruin it. :down:

the soft landing that is published involves a drop in status, does it not?

doesn't seem equivalent to the benefit of rollover or comping to CP if missed occasionally.