Intl Capacity Cuts and A330

Get rid of those meaningless, ridiculous gray swoosh lines on the aircraft that overlap the flag and the livery would be cleaner and make more sense. I mean that swoosh.....uh it comes from where and goes where? :lol:

They should fly it transcon (ie. PHL-LAX, PHL-SFO or even PHL-PHX). It should fly in markets where we still have some business travelers instead of a leisure market.

They should fly it transcon (ie. PHL-LAX, PHL-SFO or even PHL-PHX). It should fly in markets where we still have some business travelers instead of a leisure market.

That would be nice, but it has to do with operations that offer experience with OW and ETOPS for pilot training purposes.

That would be nice, but it has to do with operations that offer experience with OW and ETOPS for pilot training purposes.

I'm not advocating domestic flying for the new A330s, but I doubt there will be much difference in OW and ETOPS training between the -300 and -200. Theoretically, they could use the new airplane for LAX and it wouldn't have any effect on training. The newbie 330 pilots would simply get their feet wet on all the other transatlantic stuff already in the system.

The PHL 767/757 crews do quite nicely with a mixture of domestic and transatlantic flying, and training doesn't seem to be affected.

My goodness that terminal is so cramped that WN's gate 1 is practically on the road and another gate the damn nose of the plane is right at the wall at the arrivals lane. :lol: Maybe fly the 332 to LAX and park it over in cargo. Hell that's what passengers are right? ;) Seriously, didn't US think of that briefly when the 330-300 came? Just couldn't happen.

Good memory. When we first got the 330-300 it was going to LAX and they even painted the stop mark on the ground. It was going to be a through from CDG I think. Anyway, SW threw a hissy fit because the wing span would block ONE of their gates and threatened to file suit. They also held up the carpeting project with the city for 2 years because they wanted to put their LOGO on the carpet. I hate that terminal. As a kid in remember is WAS the whole PSA terminal and now it makes me throw up looking at the zoo it's become.

Good memory. When we first got the 330-300 it was going to LAX and they even painted the stop mark on the ground. It was going to be a through from CDG I think. Anyway, SW threw a hissy fit because the wing span would block ONE of their gates and threatened to file suit.

I remember the 767 flying PHL-LAX a lot and was told that the A330 couldn't physically do it because of the gate space you mention. I believe it never made the SFO route either because that little satellite terminal (now demolished) at SFO was too tight.

I don't think it's fair to say SW threw a hissy fit because one of their gates would be unusable while a US A330 sat at an adjacent one. I think any airline(including US) would raise a bit of a fuss if a competing airline did the same thing.

US use to fly the 767 from PHL, CLT and PIT to LAX and it has done PHL-SFO before.

My goodness that terminal is so cramped that WN's gate 1 is practically on the road and another gate the damn nose of the plane is right at the wall at the arrivals lane. :lol: Maybe fly the 332 to LAX and park it over in cargo. Hell that's what passengers are right? ;) Seriously, didn't US think of that briefly when the 330-300 came? Just couldn't happen.

Park it where they can block the east alleyway and keep SW from getting in and out.

Latest posts

Back