Is anyone else troubled by the new nonrefundable policies?

olivia

Advanced
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I am hearing some horror stories and seeing some
terrible situations.....
Apparently someone no-showed on an 800.00 nonrefundable
ticket...called in a few hours later and was told he
would forfeit his entire 800.00.
Now yes, we are advising people the new policies...but
I find it troubling that we would effectively steal
this money...just because someone was unable to call
in and rebook???
Will there be any exceptions made??? I guess all
we can do is send the special cases to corporate and
hope the screaming is responded to appropriately.
I can understand forfeiting a 199.00 ticket or something
but some of these tickets are quite expensive...
Would like to hear others opinion...thanks
ps oh yes...here''s another situation that came up.
Woman was enroute to her destination and during a connection in charlotte she was having heart problems
and taken by ambulance to the hospital. Called back
later and was told ...sorry your ticket has no further
value. This one was over 400.00.
Seems way beyond harsh to me.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/10/2002 1:59:46 AM RealityCheck wrote:

Cust svc supers from what I have seen this past week are honoring nothing, nada, zilch,..dont even present a "gray" situation to them..its a guaranteed NO!! Elevate the call PRE- travel and let them handle the irate objections...we don't have the time or resources as sales agents.....cough cough ..clerks,........if they get overwhelmed/ overburdened with transfers,maybe someone will rethink/revise the policy..the transfer and release button can do wonders sometimes to alleviate stress.[/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]
Let me guess you are like so many other agents in the res centers who don't want to take ownership of their calls. Rather than deal with it yourself you pawn your problem call onto another person.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/10/2002 2:07:11 AM usresman wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/10/2002 1:59:46 AM RealityCheck wrote: [BR][BR][BR]Cust svc supers from what I have seen this past week are  honoring nothing, nada, zilch,..dont even present a "gray" situation to them..its a guaranteed NO!! Elevate the call PRE- travel and let them handle the irate objections...we don't have the time or resources as sales agents.....cough cough ..clerks,........if they get overwhelmed/ overburdened with transfers,maybe someone will rethink/revise the policy..the transfer and release button can do wonders sometimes to alleviate stress. [BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR]Let me guess you are like so many other agents in the res centers who don't want to take ownership of their calls. Rather than deal with it yourself you pawn your problem call onto another person.
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]I average one irate transfer in a 40 hr week and 25 -50 K in weekly sales and reissues..how's that for ownership smartaleck?[/P]
[P]Ever heard that common phrase WHAT PART OF THE WORD NO DONT U UNDERSTAND?[/P]
[P]Thats why you transfer..after 4.356327 minutes of no, no, no,.,,its use the txfr and release button.Common sense, .....can you claim/do better?[/P]

Well transfer and release is a nice way to show some serious discourtesy, and possible disciplinary action. My recommendation to you is keep doing it, you may get that unemployment check even faster than you thought. Let me guess you are one of those agent in MCO that release 100+ calls in a shift.... How many of them are accidents. Perhaps you will be privileged enough to become usairways.com support center, don't worry there you wont have to listen to the moans and groans of passenger because according to you, wont work for 13.01 an hour..

Olivia-

While I understand your point of view, you're looking at this from the wrong perspective. The customer paid US Airways to hold their seat on that one flight, that one day...and they did. US Airways was now unable to sell this seat to anyone else, thereby keeping them from making money by having a live butt in the seat, so to speak.

Because this person's no-show cost them the ability to have a revenue-generating butt in the seat, they keep the money from the nonrefundable ticket the customer purchased from them.

Put another way, if they let the customer use their money toward a new ticket, it's like the customer is using that money to tie up TWO seats on US Airways...the one they no-showed on, and the new one they're booking after the fact.

Since it's only fair that the company be compensated for each seat booked, it's reasonable and fair for them to keep the customer's money from the first ticket if they no-show the first flight.

At the outset, the customer knows they have a choice - buy the expensive ticket and get all the flexibility that comes with it, or buy the cheap one and make sure they get to the airport come hell or high water. They have no right to complain or be upset with US Airways because of their inability to get their on time, even if it was beyond their control. The bottom line is that if US Airways didn't cause them to miss the flight, then the customer is responsible.

It's never fun to give a customer bad news, but nevertheless, it's inappropriate for US Airways to absorb the cost of a customer's inability to be on time when the company didn't cause the no-show.

[P]Reality Check... If you don't like it at good old US Airways feel free to tender your resignation asap. I really only like to work with Team players, and the last time I checked there is no I in TEAM.. [/P]
[P]I bet you have one of those abridged versions of the contract, maybee you need to check with some other call center workers with other companys and see what they get for compensation.[/P]
[P]Reality check... get a clue.... [/P]
[P] [/P]

[P]Cust svc supers from what I have seen this past week are honoring nothing, nada, zilch,..dont even present a gray situation to them..its a guaranteed NO!! Elevate the call PRE- travel and let them handle the irate objections...we don't have the time or resources as sales agents.....cough cough ..clerks,........if they get overwhelmed/ overburdened with transfers,maybe someone will rethink/revise the policy..the transfer and release button can do wonders sometimes to alleviate stress.[/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/10/2002 1:59:46 AM RealityCheck wrote:

Cust svc supers from what I have seen this past week are honoring nothing, nada, zilch,..dont even present a "gray" situation to them..its a guaranteed NO!! Elevate the call PRE- travel and let them handle the irate objections...we don't have the time or resources as sales agents.....cough cough ..clerks,........if they get overwhelmed/ overburdened with transfers,maybe someone will rethink/revise the policy..the transfer and release button can do wonders sometimes to alleviate stress.[/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]

Do you have nothing better to do with your time??? Really you should not even be calling CSD. Yes the answer is no and you need to learn how to enforce that. And if it makes you feel better to just blind transfer the call then DO IT. PLEASE. Thats one less passenger that will have to deal with your stressed out negative do things wrong type of attitude!!! Keep escalating those calls!!! Keep us Busy. Its one call at a time.!!!!!!!

[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/10/2002 2:49:14 AM usresman wrote:[BR][BR][BR]Reality Check... If you don't like it at good old US Airways feel free to tender your resignation asap. I really only like to work with Team players, and the last time I checked there is no I in TEAM.. [BR][BR]I bet you have one of those abridged versions of the contract, maybee you need to check with some other call center workers with other companys and see what they get for compensation.[BR][BR]Reality check... get a clue.... [BR][BR]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]Excuse me? Team? What team? Those cliches work in other companies, not at USAIRWAYS.There's been no team cause/effort in CS or anywhere at U for that matter in years.Its agent vs super vs management.,.is that considered team work to you?? You and others are undeniably displaying yourself as the yes man/yes woman of the company sweat shop..lemmings of the crowd..heads in the sand..you'd sell your soul just to pay your rent and browbeat everyone elses opinions and efforts to help pay it for you also..could you possibly be more transparent?.....or sick? .[BR][BR]End of discussion. I cannot debate with spineless PODS, whose immature answer to everything they dont like is JUST LEAVE.

[BR]Where did I ever say anything about [STRONG]BLIND TRANSFERS[/STRONG]? One txfr a week becomes 100 releases? You're Clueless. Go back to school and learn ya sum English compruhensheen..(thinks pensively,I actually have to work with these people??)

[blockquote]

Please,with your big bad Mommy beside you to coach the lines?? Stop, my sides are hurting. Be gone res troll.[/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]

Res Troll I will remember that, its a good one. I think that covers all the groups, Sky Waitress, Glorified Bus Driver, Ramp Rat, Grease Monkey, and last but not least Res Troll.
You are a funny character; I want you for my shop steward, a great leader......
9.gif']

End of discussion. I cannot debate with spineless PODS, whose immature answer to everything they dont like is JUST LEAVE.

You can do just that, its the simplest answer to all your questions. If you don't like it then get on with your life.... You are owed nothing by us air... you seem to think you are due and entitlement....
how delusional.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/10/2002 3:10:46 AM usresman wrote:
[P][BR]I will debate you anyday, anytime, anywhere... [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]Please,with your big bad Mommy beside you to coach the lines?? Stop, my sides are hurting. Be gone res troll.[/P]