Is the end of USAir near?

I applaud the IAM and their stance..and now CWA has even more bargaining leverage because both CUST SVC and machinists together can shut this airline down pronto,and for good ,if mgmt doesnt hurry their butts up for an equitable agreement..Good to have the bargainig ball in employees court for a change. Praise CWA ALLAH!.

well if U end up in liquidation blame the union.....
if the judge forces more pay cut blame the union.....
whatever negative happens from this moment on blame the union

but remember you could have voted yes[:devil:]

----------------
On 8/29/2002 4:17:13 PM

I applaud the IAM and their stance..and now CWA has even more bargaining leverage because both CUST SVC and machinists together can shut this airline down pronto,and for good ,if mgmt doesnt hurry their butts up for an equitable agreement..Good to have the bargainig ball in employees court for a change. Praise CWA ALLAH!.
----------------

This is actually pretty terrifying stuff.

RealityCheck,

The saddest part is that I think you actually believe what you just posted. Did you used to work at Eastern?

More of that cool northern steel mill efficiency!
IAM will claim another victim, Eastern Airlines all over again. Hope you IAM boys enjoyed killing the other 30,000 employees careers.

Oh, I forgot, it is managements fault. As usual you don't have to be responsible.

I think your wish is unrealistic. First of all, the union would NEVER let the company conduct a poll to find out what was so unpallatable with this agreement that caused the mechanics to vote it down and risk their careers, as you put it. To allow that would undermine the leadership of the union and take away any perceived leverage they have negotiating in your favor.

And for the union to do it would be a lengthy undertaking. Have you thought that what the company is asking from you could very well be what is necessary for US Airways to survive?

----------------
On 8/29/2002 4:56:34 PM

RealityCheck,

The saddest part is that I think you actually believe what you just posted. Did you used to work at Eastern?
----------------

I do, you're correct.I am only interested in myself and whats good for me, not the rest of the world. 1st lesson in life,ain't no one else gonna do it for you.Its called self preservation, its in every facet of life including the business world. No one else gave a damn what I went thru workwise when they took their past job actions, so its back at 'ya!!

I'll be damned if I lay down and take it in the "chute" after working 2 decades with an avg of 40 hours or less a year SICK TIME(most mental health),and hounded/harrassed for using those annually, even tho I have about 80 days saved up lifetime,...never/rarely late,...selling millions of dollars of tickets and reissues,and compliments in letter and verbal form out the ying yang. The company owes me fair compensation,consideration, and respect, equal to what I provided them over the years.How about giving me a bonus incentive to stay on, since apparently their is so much money laying around with no constructive place to allocate it..[::)]

No loyalty, no vision, no code, only chest beating and high fives. Here's a question for Dave: How does a company survive that employs so many people that couldn't care less if it survives or not? I'm completely bewildered. [:((]

A320 Driver

Thank you both so very much for helping me put into words what I was trying to say. You don't care.
A company is only as good as the people who make it up. Ours seems to more than it's share of arm-chair quarterbacks with 20-20 hindsight. Anybody can do that. It takes a lot more to keep your focus on the future.

Water over the bridge now I guess.

A320 Driver

I have been reading these boards for many months. Many folks here think they know all, or at least they know best. Being a 13 plus year mechanic I do not claim to know what my coworkers in other positions with the company go through. Because we took a stand many pilots (chip ual777 av8tor) now blame all the problems on us. Lets get one thing straight, you don't know my job, nor do I know yours. If you guys know so much answer me this. How was paying my union 1.25 million dollors helping? Paying into the unions pension fund, was that helping? Allowing the IAM to represent members at Mid Atlantic ( they don't even exist yet). Paying out a 6 million bonus and asking us to pay retro, was that helping? How do the top officers give up one week vacation for only one year, and we are ask to give up one week for 6 years? I could go on. We are willing to do our part but only if it will FIX this airline. If you haven't walked in my shoes don't tell me about the walk.[:((]

Where's the sense of purpose here? Where's the perspective. Among those IAM members who have cared to post on this board (and especially in this string), I haven't detected much sensitivity to the "big picture," which I define as survival of USAir. That's the shame of it.

It doesn't take much of a financial wizard to clearly focus on the path that I described in earlier posts. The IAM and CWA are going to condemn Siegel's management team to months of protracted 1113 litigation, during which time USAir's access to even DIP cash will be limited. Carty, Mullin, Bethune (and whoever really calls the shots over at NWAC) are undoubtedly more motivated now than ever to stop the UAL-U express now rolling through the bankruptcy process. If they let it get out the other side, their own businesses will face an enterprise threatening pricing environment. The have to stop it now, and getting USAir stuck in this 1113 mess may give them their best shot -- finally a stationary target.

What is it about that scenario that is beyond comprehension?

RealityCheck. eightpilot..

The names below will never get it...I applaud IAM Mechanics for doing what they thought was best for themselves. I hope fellow CWA'ers have enough strength to say ...No Way Jose....

UAL777flyer, ITRADE, KCFLYER same old stuff. same old mantra....must be ...management.

Time will tell, and times running out..

UAL777FLYER

Wake up dude, your Mechanics are about to do the same thing. I applaud the Machanics at U for standing up to Seagulls joke of a re-structuring plan. UAL's next in line for a fight. Hopefully there IAM will vote "no" to the concession package middle of next month also.

Latest posts