Is The Game over?

And here I thought (based on some postings here) that U-- with Bonner's help-- was secretly snapping up UA's assets and getting ready to take over the world.

The very reason fellow airline employees ought to stay out of speculation of the disposition of assetts(jobs) of other airlines.

My guess is Bronner is sick of the tit-for-tat games that seems to be involved in every set of negotiations between management and labor. We have management saying an impasse is reached, yet ALPA is saying there is no impasse. The company is still bleeding money, yet ALPA is now trying to back out some concessions. Bronner wants the security of the ATSB loan. At this point he basically owns US and is doing what he needs to do to protect his investment. He''s putting pressure on all parties to resolve this ASAP.

----------------
On 3/21/2003 2:45:30 PM USFlyer wrote:

My guess is Bronner is sick of the tit-for-tat games that seems to be involved in every set of negotiations between management and labor. We have management saying an impasse is reached, yet ALPA is saying there is no impasse. The company is still bleeding money, yet ALPA is now trying to back out some concessions. Bronner wants the security of the ATSB loan. At this point he basically owns US and is doing what he needs to do to protect his investment. He's putting pressure on all parties to resolve this ASAP.

----------------​
Just how is ALPA trying to back out of anything? All they are trying to do is salvage some sort of pension for their members. These were promised to them for their loyal service, and NOT included in previous cuts by management. In fact, ALPA took deeper cuts in other areas ALREADY to try and save the pension. If Bronner is disturbed by this now, he'd better take a real hard look at getting out of the airline biz. I've seen MUCH nastier negotiations when everybody wound up with what they wanted and times were good. Bronner seems to be a big "crybaby". I suspect that all he wants is a quick buck or a company to rape over a longer period, like Icahn did to TWA. I haven't seen much about Dave sticking around long after chapter 11. I wouldn't either under conditions like this. I'll bet he goes to AMR to pull the same kind of "gun-to-the-head", "employee friendly" restructuring he did here. He'll be a BIG hero at Harvard Business School. He'll probably get a whole chapter in the book on employee relations.

At least interest rates are low and homes are selling well. I guess I''ll sell the house, liquidate my retirement funds and move West. The sun should always set over the ocean.....Time to start anew.

I find the threat of pulling his money tiresome, but interesting. ALPA must be holding strong at the bargaining table or the threat wouldn''t be issued.

I can''t believe people actually think that the company and ALPA will come to an agreement by negotiation..This will come down to binding arbitration..All you are hearing now is SABRE RATTLING from both sides.

Bronner said: "If they don''t resolve the issues within the next few days, then the game is over."

That''s the problem. To these guys it is a game. One is reminded of the movie "Trading Places" where a man''s life is ruined over a $1 bet. The difference is that that was a comedy, this is a tragedy.

----------------
On 3/21/2003 4:54:38 PM oldiebutgoody wrote:

----------------
On 3/21/2003 2:45:30 PM USFlyer wrote:

My guess is Bronner is sick of the tit-for-tat games that seems to be involved in every set of negotiations between management and labor. We have management saying an impasse is reached, yet ALPA is saying there is no impasse. The company is still bleeding money, yet ALPA is now trying to back out some concessions. Bronner wants the security of the ATSB loan. At this point he basically owns US and is doing what he needs to do to protect his investment. He''s putting pressure on all parties to resolve this ASAP.

----------------​
Just how is ALPA trying to back out of anything? All they are trying to do is salvage some sort of pension for their members. These were promised to them for their loyal service, and NOT included in previous cuts by management. In fact, ALPA took deeper cuts in other areas ALREADY to try and save the pension. If Bronner is disturbed by this now, he''d better take a real hard look at getting out of the airline biz. I''ve seen MUCH nastier negotiations when everybody wound up with what they wanted and times were good. Bronner seems to be a big "crybaby". I suspect that all he wants is a quick buck or a company to rape over a longer period, like Icahn did to TWA. I haven''t seen much about Dave sticking around long after chapter 11. I wouldn''t either under conditions like this. I''ll bet he goes to AMR to pull the same kind of "gun-to-the-head", "employee friendly" restructuring he did here. He''ll be a BIG hero at Harvard Business School. He''ll probably get a whole chapter in the book on employee relations.

----------------​

Oldie,

You''ve got it down to a "science". Your sentiments is the exact way I feel about this whole ordeal and I believe it is holds very true. Hope your leadership does not waiver in their committment to obtain the very best deal for all their members. I hope they have your fervor and conviction and hold "steadfast".

Bronner is already starting again with his same S&*%. As written a couple of weeks ago, he only plans on staying for a couple of years...then what? Does that mean they all clear out?

Who knows.