Is there a omonous quiet on the boad?

Hmmm...good question. I'd like to have a job with some of their employers, especially if I book myself from PHL-ABQ with a change of planes in ORD or DFW versus a nonstop out of PHL because I was upset with the FF program. I guess my employer values my time, or they must be so cheap as to be unwilling to eat the hours I'm spending in a hub airport changing planes. I don't travel for the job nearly as much as I did...but when I was on the road every week, the general rule was...if there's a nonstop flight - take it...and if you don't, you'd better have a damn good reason why you aren't. And..."I don't like their FF program" wasn't a good reason.

Your most important comment was
" I don't travel for the job nearly as much as I did...".

If you were still flying a lot you would see first hand that US can not currently be trusted for timely travel, even on non-stops. It is not a question of FF programs. The employer wants to ensure that the employee will arrive when scheduled, not two days later.

If you were still flying a lot you would see first hand that US can not currently be trusted for timely travel, even on non-stops. It is not a question of FF programs. The employer wants to ensure that the employee will arrive when scheduled, not two days later.
Oh...I'm not disputing that US has it's share of problems. Only that FFocus was started by folks who, bottom line, were upset with changes to the FF program. One loyal member posted a while back how he took some convoluted routing from Seattle to Islip via RJ's, turboprops, mainline changes (twice I think). If you're willing to do that, odds are pretty good you wouldn't mind arriving two days late on a nonstop. I mean....Southwest is my first choice for airlines, but if I want to get from MCI-FLL, I'll forgo my travel bonus awards and book the nonstop flight on a competitor every time. It just seems to me that the "uproar" got started when management started dinking around with the FF program.

UNRELIABLE SERVICE. Period. Throw weather into the mix and an occassional surly employee (every airline has them) and this Cluster F is bar none, NUMBER ONE. Tempe!Tempe!Tempe! Drink Bud, Eat Calzones and hang your coat over your lap!

I just finished an Airbus 3 day last night and had a 100% LF in both cabins for all 3 days... not sure what routes you are flying with all these empty seats???

Itest,

You can be full and still lose money. Load factor means nothing these days if RASM is down, and I can almost guarantee it is down.

That said, let me ask a question to those who know....it is my understanding that if a cancellation is for mech/crew, you are required to rebook on another airline if requested by the customer if you do not have an available seat within a certain number of hours of the original. I believe it is a rule 240 or 120 situation. Can anyone indicate what is required in such a case?

It is interesting to note that other carriers are happy to book us on alternate carriers if they cannot provide transportation but that US in most cases refuses. I wonder what a customer's recourse is in such a case.

KC, get over yourself and move on. I am not opening another Greyhound Air debate here.

As a US1 for years, it didn't take me long to leave. It was clear from the beginning this was going to be America West in drag. That the fit of the two companies was good, became immediately obvious. Ditto, that these new guys had no use for the old company, its managers, and especially its frequent flyers. In retrospect, they had it about right. None of the midgets (with apologies to the little people) running it ever got a good job afterward, and all the perks in the world, given to its elite flyers, never contributed to profitability for the old US. As an AMEX Centurion, I recently got promoted to US Platinum, as part of their participation in that program. Needing to make a trip next month from Florida to SEA, I thought, what the heck, I'll try them out after over a year of not flying the line. I tried to buy a coach ticket, and upgrade it with miles. Even though I agreed to pay over 600 bucks (purchased F is only $300 more on CO)for the ticket, and give them something like 30,000 miles for the upgrade, we were never able to find a seat. Plenty for purchase, but no awards. Sometimes, it seems, your first reaction is the right one. My guess is, it took a number of elites a while to figure it out,but the result is the same.

As a US1 for years, it didn't take me long to leave. It was clear from the beginning this was going to be America West in drag. That the fit of the two companies was good, became immediately obvious. Ditto, that these new guys had no use for the old company, its managers, and especially its frequent flyers. In retrospect, they had it about right. None of the midgets (with apologies to the little people) running it ever got a good job afterward, and all the perks in the world, given to its elite flyers, never contributed to profitability for the old US. As an AMEX Centurion, I recently got promoted to US Platinum, as part of their participation in that program. Needing to make a trip next month from Florida to SEA, I thought, what the heck, I'll try them out after over a year of not flying the line. I tried to buy a coach ticket, and upgrade it with miles. Even though I agreed to pay over 600 bucks (purchased F is only $300 more on CO)for the ticket, and give them something like 30,000 miles for the upgrade, we were never able to find a seat. Plenty for purchase, but no awards. Sometimes, it seems, your first reaction is the right one. My guess is, it took a number of elites a while to figure it out,but the result is the same.

similar experience trying to go phl-sfo today. want to upgrade w miles...can'tdo it despite plenty of open seats and a $800 ticket price. Pi$$es me off

A family member of mine JUST told me this morning that they tried to use miles for a TPA roundtrip and was told 50,000 miles. Is that crazy? The way they limit the use of miles it's no wonder elites are leaving. When I hear a f/a say, "who cares they are all upgrades anyway", it just makes me crazy. One thing as an employee here at Usairways I see the me against them attitude when it comes to passengers and employees. When I tell another employee that the customer pays their check they usually go into some, "yeah well" defensive stance. Mmmmmhmmmm The elites are treated like crap anymore.

A family member of mine JUST told me this morning that they tried to use miles for a TPA roundtrip and was told 50,000 miles. Is that crazy? The way they limit the use of miles it's no wonder elites are leaving. When I hear a f/a say, "who cares they are all upgrades anyway", it just makes me crazy. One thing as an employee here at Usairways I see the me against them attitude when it comes to passengers and employees. When I tell another employee that the customer pays their check they usually go into some, "yeah well" defensive stance. Mmmmmhmmmm The elites are treated like crap anymore.
Very true. And those same employees are the same ones that will rant/rave about the fast food personnel that forgot to give THEM their napkins /cutlery. It's all ALL About Me. Nowadays Everyone thinks they are Paris "I've found the Lord" Hilton. :lol:

EXACTLY. I just flew a 4day trip with a f/a that practically chewed out a sweet girl at the front desk of the hotel because the hotel van driver went home. We arrived about two hours late and he finally went home at 12am. She went on about the airline and the contract with the hotel blah, blah, blah. I said, "Do you like to be beaten down about connection,delays and service by a passenger"? She isn't responsible and probably couldn't care less. Anyway.....

One would do well to note Mr Kelly's pronouncement that SWA was looking for ways to enhance its "Rapid Rewards" program to attract business travelers. It was in USA Today's Money Section.
PineyBob: Did I read that SWA was cutting back on some flights in PHL? Being here in Phoenix we do get WN news, but sometimes I have to wonder about its accuracy.

I'm still flying UA as much as possible now especially since I can go to LAX and then take the ps service to JFK, but SWA is my choice when flying shorter routes due to the frequency of flights.

AWA was bearable, but this new US Airways crap is horrible.