Is there wage discrimination going on? maybe?

Aug 10, 2007
Phoenix
im up reading stuff and what do you people think? I dont know if i know what im talking about or not. Just want to hear what you people think, if this is just a stupid thought i dont need to be slammed and bashed.

however you want to say it but there is one certificate, so one airline, and i know there are still two seperate contracts for fleet, pilots, mechanics and who ever else im missing.

i know that east fleet agents get paid more then the west and im pretty sure from what i heard that the west pilots ge more money then the east. if there anyone else i missed sorry.

so if this is dumb and crazy remove the post or what not? im not sure how to put it just see what people think.

:unsure:

im up reading stuff and what do you people think? I dont know if i know what im talking about or not. Just want to hear what you people think, if this is just a stupid thought i dont need to be slammed and bashed.

however you want to say it but there is one certificate, so one airline, and i know there are still two seperate contracts for fleet, pilots, mechanics and who ever else im missing.

i know that east fleet agents get paid more then the west and im pretty sure from what i heard that the west pilots ge more money then the east. if there anyone else i missed sorry.

so if this is dumb and crazy remove the post or what not? im not sure how to put it just see what people think.

The West Fa's make less than East from 1-12 years. This has been the case even after all concessions the East took after two bkruptcies. Of course there are more 12+ year fa's out East. Most of our West fa's are topped out at 15 years, same as East. I think there is a provision in the East contract that increases wages for fa's after or in 2011. I could be wrong? We are stuck on the West with 15yrs. The only difference in compensation out West is better vacation time, full dhead pay and guranteed cancelation pay and credit. The East needs to go back to there original vacation time lost. West can't afford to lose any. :)

Hell, the East has TWO seperate wage scales for FSA's so that does not fly. We have Class I agents making more than Two Dollars an hour MORE than Class II stations!

The West Fa's make less than East from 1-12 years. This has been the case even after all concessions the East took after two bkruptcies. Of course there are more 12+ year fa's out East. Most of our West fa's are topped out at 15 years, same as East. I think there is a provision in the East contract that increases wages for fa's after or in 2011. I could be wrong? We are stuck on the West with 15yrs. The only difference in compensation out West is better vacation time, full dhead pay and guranteed cancelation pay and credit. The East needs to go back to there original vacation time lost. West can't afford to lose any. :)
Guranteed pay for cancelationo is only for the ineholder

US Fleet East Class 1 cities (hubs, focus cities) current top out $17.35 Class 2 cities $15.60 an hour. Same Duties, same job ! FLL so called class 1 focus city while 24 miles south MIA is class 2. :angry:

Wage discrimination is a protection against a race or sex not being compensated equally within the same job description, not bad contracts that cover everybody. :rolleyes:

Latest posts