Why Cant We Work Together?

It was a joke! You know? In one thread he's Doug Parker and in this thread he's Norma Rae. Jez. Sorry if I offended anyone.

im not trying to be anyone at all im a happy individual who goes to work everday and forgot about what happens at work when i go home.

How interesting, that's EXACTLY how we "westies" think of you "easties". All we ever hear is how much you've sacraficied, gave up, lost, etc etc... and now you have it OWED to you. It's the REFEUSAL attitute of the "easties" (I don't wanna learn shares, etc.) that keeps this place from moving forward. Just get over it, shares stays, learn it and move on! I'm not happy with Parker niether but it is what it is. I'll tell you what though, I'll take Parker over that slimmy Seigal you guys had anyday.

sky high states: How interesting: You 'westies' took the same attitude when it would benefit you. Ohh, I dont know, saying that DATE OF HIRE shouldnt apply with this merger for flight attendants, when it was in the AFA BY-LAWS for decades! You westies took it to National and...<drum roll>....LOST. Didnt the westies feel that they LOST "first come, first served"...and that seniority shouldnt apply?

........and you're confusing REFUSAL attitude with wanting it done RIGHT, NOT CHEAP. The agents want a system they can work with. ie computer system. Not a system that goes down and causes long lines of frustrated travelers. The flight attendants want to give a good service. NOT apologize for NO overhead space, NO HANGERS (sorry, cant hang your coat), constant catering snafus or being reduced to a QVC model saling credit cards, ice cream and pie!

And futhermore, you hear, "we gave up and lost" for a good reason. All of us want the company to succeed, but we DONT want to see our concessions squandered, yet again.
And, more importantly, we dont want your CORPORATE CULTURE. Everyone writing each other up. The attitude, we dont deserve better, cause our company is only 24 years old. And, this one----> He's OUR wonderboy!

only stating opinions.

VERY well put SKY! ! :up: Getting back to working together. I think if all groups would just simply work by the letter of their contract and NOTHING more the company would get the message. How about this....all the WILLING flight attendants drop their blocks down to a certain percent and NO RESERVES pick up ETB or make themselves available on days off or for quick calls. EVERY group does this and watch what happens. It's NOT wildcatting but certainly legal and in your right. This company during it's slow as hell negotiating counts on all of us "getting it done" on a daily basis.

How about this....all the WILLING flight attendants drop their blocks down to a certain percent and NO RESERVES pick up ETB or make themselves available on days off or for quick calls. EVERY group does this and watch what happens.

sky high states: This scenario happened at USAir in the late 80's. Everyone simply flew their block values. Hundreds of flights were cancelled and AFA was taken to Court. If memory serves me correct, this action can not take place again....right, anyone?....PITBULL?

only stating opinions.

Back