When Will Reality Be Accepted?

USA320,

"Good thing" you say....

There would be no opening up agreements for concession and before amendable dates if the co. didn't pay for the expenses. Period.

They pay for the advisors AFTER concssionary bargaining not before.

For example the IAM in the last two rounds of concessions paid for the financial advisors and attorneys.

Not until the contract was ratified did US Airways reimburse the IAM for the costs.

In defense of Unions....alluded to in the first page of this topic.

I am grateful to the CWA for representing me. Now in my third reservation
office after watching two close. Many many folks in management with
twenty or more years were let go, with no chance to transfer.

Without our contract and grievance procedure, hundreds of us would
already be let go because we are at the top of the pay scale.

Back in 1992, when we lost our pension, sick leave and had to go
to a PDO system of time off....there was no negotiating. We received the
paper work and the changes took place immediately. No recourse.
At least the CWA has tried to help us hang on to as much as we can.
Thank you CWA.

olivia said:
Thank you CWA.
[post="179264"][/post]​

The CWA took it right square in the face the hardest and you can still thank them, you are either hood winked or a very kind spirit and I'm guessing the second choice.

Management took those cuts because they chose to stay and take them no one held a gun to their head.

Less than 15% of the American work force is now unionized and getting crushed daily look no further then your work station the latest victim. Unions are not the answer only the individual is. Like communism it’s a failed system as history plainly shows because the unions have corrupt men just like management only most union men are uneducated and some are even hooked to the mob. Get another 35% of the American work force to join the ranks and I will change my stance, until then, it’s lost cause, IMO.