Is This The Future?

cavalier

Veteran
Aug 28, 2002
www.usaviation.com
As they say, it’s a small world. Today when talking to my insurance agent I come to find out that this particular agent’s husband works in scheduling for the pilots and flight attendants, never knew one person did both but this is what I was told.

It seems this employee who works in scheduling has over 36 years with our company and is currently earning what he did back in 1980, soon to be 1969 level earnings from what he’s been informed. Of course that depends on whether the company is still around. He was told come November Pittsburgh as well as other cities will be getting slaughtered with many pilots and flight attendants getting the ax due to severe cut backs.

This particular employee firmly believes that if the IAM stays its course this company will become the next Eastern, almost being the exact same story. Gee, guess this is why our captain is shouting woe from the mountain tops.

Funny thing, this employee is obviously in management and not only understands the IAM’s stance but agrees with it, this of course puts him on very shaky ground with his superiors who realize his feelings because he finds it hard to keep his mouth shut.

Yes I have a name, and even a title of this employee but obviously will not post it here.

So even people working in management feel the pain and are not all for what top level management is doing.

The one thing he said which was funny was how some pilots beg him for special scheduling so they can run their personal businesses, but things being what they are he has little sympathy for them and ignores those self serving requests.

Hold on folks we are coming into some severe turbulence and we are not sure if this structure was designed for such abuse without coming apart at the seams.

cavalier said:
As they say, it’s a small world. Today when talking to my insurance agent I come to find out that this particular agent’s husband works in scheduling for the pilots and flight attendants, never knew one person did both but this is what I was told.

It seems this employee who works in scheduling has over 36 years with our company and is currently earning what he did back in 1980, soon to be 1969 level earnings from what he’s been informed. Of course that depends on whether the company is still around. He was told come November Pittsburgh as well as other cities will be getting slaughtered with many pilots and flight attendants getting the ax due to severe cut backs.

This particular employee firmly believes that if the IAM stays its course this company will become the next Eastern, almost being the exact same story. Gee, guess this is why our captain is shouting woe from the mountain tops.

Funny thing, this employee is obviously in management and not only understands the IAM’s stance but agrees with it, this of course puts him on very shaky ground with his superiors who realize his feelings because he finds it hard to keep his mouth shut.

Yes I have a name, and even a title of this employee but obviously will not post it here.

So even people working in management feel the pain and are not all for what top level management is doing.

The one thing he said which was funny was how some pilots beg him for special scheduling so they can run their personal businesses, but things being what they are he has little sympathy for them and ignores those self serving requests.

Hold on folks we are coming into some severe turbulence and we are not sure if this structure was designed for such abuse without coming apart at the seams.
[post="167218"][/post]​
THEN CAPTAIN,I'D RECOMMEND THE "FASTEN SEAT BELT" SIGN BE LIT!

Does it all really matter...? With the current price of oil, it's going to be hard for any airline to turn a profit in the future..

delldude said:
[post="167236"][/post]​
:blink: UMMm and what will all the "Burgers" being doing when moon township closes up.....guess in line lookin for minimum wage at PigleyWigly, Eatn Park or when of the many HIGH paying jobs they are so uniquely qualified for. I just CANT keep my mouth shut anymore! Im sure i'll be nailed to the wall by all the diehard Pittsburgh lovers....
Don't recall anybody crying for the west coast bases being closed and those routes dimantled....or when our illustrous mgmt closed Miami and dropped the Florida shuttle ( just as Eastern was folding )....the list goes on and on...so NOW we are all suppose to be UP IN ARMS and OUTRAGED that PIT will be downsized and closed!!! I AM sad for all those loss of jobs but where were all of u when ...YES ALL OF U , the rest of the system was being destroyed...Ill tell u where..not giving a DAMN about anybody but urselves - thinkin PITTSBURGH PA was the center of the universe....wake up call folks, ITS NOT!!!!!!!!What goes around comes around, as they say..... Enough of the belly achin about MOON township and its demise.IM OVER listening to it. Life goes on folks. Hundreds of other U workers picked up the pieces and moved on..its YOUR turn to do the same...........

I can see you have a lot of compassion, NOT! Divide and conquer, you are playing right into the company's hands.

And yes people complained when the west coast was shut down, upstate, ny, FL shuttle, GSO, INT and ROA. Maybe you did not hear it or see it up on the internet as these boards were not really around.

700UW said:
I can see you have a lot of compassion, NOT! Divide and conquer, you are playing right into the company's hands.

And yes people complained when the west coast was shut down, upstate, ny, FL shuttle, GSO, INT and ROA. Maybe you did not hear it or see it up on the internet as these boards were not really around.
[post="167242"][/post]​
I beg to differ with you. THEY DID NOT! All they cared about was PIT PIT PIT...they center of their universe...they didnt gave a rats ass about anybody else. Check around and ask the REST of the system, they'll tell u the skinny... Uve been in PIT too long......

cavalier said:
-- Today when talking to my insurance agent I come to find out that this particular agent’s husband works in scheduling for the pilots and flight attendants

--It seems this employee who works in scheduling has over 36 years with our company

--this employee is obviously in management and not only understands the IAM’s stance but agrees with it, this of course puts him on very shaky ground with his superiors who realize his feelings because he finds it hard to keep his mouth shut.

---Yes I have a name, and even a title of this employee but obviously will not post it here.

Well thanks for not posting his name and employee number. I'm sure he appreciates your discretion.

Couldn't you have told the story without so many identifying clues? You did the guy a real favor here, cav. (sarcasm)

I beg to differ with you. THEY DID NOT! All they cared about was PIT PIT PIT...they center of their universe...they didnt gave a rats ass about anybody else. Check around and ask the REST of the system, they'll tell u the skinny... Uve been in PIT too long......

In the humble opinion of this poster, you are out on your own limb on this one. People losing their jobs in this company is a serious thing, and communicating that that is what some people choose to use these boards for.

Live and let live my friend.

NAPAUS said:
[post="167248"][/post]​

Hey to burst your bubble, but I have never worked in PIT and I do not work there now.

I worked in a station in FL that was effected by the closing of SAN and UCA, got bumped out and had to go to the southern hub, went back to FL and when they closed other mtc stations went back to the southern hub and been here since 1991. I was affected by crossroads, the closing of GSO, INT and ROA. And I was affected by the effects of 9/11.

So before you go off, you should really find out the facts.

Dilligas said:
Well thanks for not posting his name and employee number. I'm sure he appreciates your discretion.

Couldn't you have told the story without so many identifying clues? You did the guy a real favor here, cav. (sarcasm)
[post="167266"][/post]​
\

What? Are you Maxwell Smart, maybe working incognito for The Blue Moon Detective Agency, or maybe you are Joe Manix.

Lighten Up D, this place is history for God's sake and you believe they are going to hire a detective to track this individual down because of my post...get real.

Latest posts

Back