Is US932 really crewed by East?

az_wild727

Senior
Sep 13, 2005
PHX
I know flights US700 and over are East, but there is this flight that goes ONT-PHX-SJD, it's US932 on an A321. It would seem that it's east, because of the flight #, but these PHX-SoCal East trips would always continue/come from the East hubs.

Is this like a long East 3 day trip that goes East Hub-PHX-ONT (overnight) - ONT-PHX-SJD (overnight) - SJD-PHX (as US936)-PHL(as US960)?

Sorry if I'm being annoying, but these a/c routings really interest me. Thank you.

-Kinglobjaw

Sorry if I'm being annoying, but these a/c routings really interest me. Thank you.

I'm sorry that you're being annoying, too. (Just kidding.) But, bottom line, I don't think anyone but you even cares who crews which domestic flight anymore.

And there's probably some obscure, moronic TSA rule that requires us to report you for even asking about aircraft routings.

I know flights US700 and over are East, but there is this flight that goes ONT-PHX-SJD, it's US932 on an A321. It would seem that it's east, because of the flight #, but these PHX-SoCal East trips would always continue/come from the East hubs.

Is this like a long East 3 day trip that goes East Hub-PHX-ONT (overnight) - ONT-PHX-SJD (overnight) - SJD-PHX (as US936)-PHL(as US960)?

-Kinglobjaw
Any tail number with us.... is a Usairways crew...
America West Crews only fly their own planes.. their tails lead with AW and a number....

all you have to do is ask the f/a's are you west or east they will gladly tell you....
as we are more than proud to tell you ... especially if we are "east"

you can even ask more and we will be more than happy to tell you were we "actually" came from...

LOL

me I am a "Piedmonster"... not Agany... or Usless air... ha ha LOL

we are all the same now.... not from the sand castle...!

But those from the sand castle will and should be proud that they are from
that place too...

IMHO :up:

What do you think will happen first? Do you think we'll colonize Mars or become ONE airline? My bets are on Mars. I really hate the East, West thing. Even more annoying is the Eastie or Westie tag. Ugggggh. :rolleyes: :lol: To answer the question though, east based crews are working quite a bit of west flights as well as PHX based crews working some east routes. Flight numbers for west based crews are capped at flt 699 or 700. Anything higher is east until you get into the express flights. There ya have it. ;)

Now we have to come up with a whole new set of nomenclature to define who is who these days.

AAAgony,Piedmonster(my wife),PSA(lazy, according to original U people)me, and now our friends from out west. I'm sure many people have worse names for each other but it would be a nice change from the smarmy Aussie sounding "eastie"vs."westie" terminology.

Since we have always been creative with names why stop now?

Any suggestions?

At the risk of retribution: "How do you get a US Air F/A into the cockpit? Put a twinkie? on the dashboard!"

As lame as that is, it is the only one I know.

And then if you have spent enough time in PHL you become "Phillish".

Actually, Flight 700 operates ORD-PHL-FRA. So flight #699 is the last of the West flights.

Any tail number with us.... is a Usairways crew...
America West Crews only fly their own planes.. their tails lead with AW and a number....

all you have to do is ask the f/a's are you west or east they will gladly tell you....
as we are more than proud to tell you ... especially if we are "east"

you can even ask more and we will be more than happy to tell you were we "actually" came from...

LOL

we are all the same now.... not from the sand castle...!

But those from the sand castle will and should be proud that they are from
that place too...

IMHO :up:

That remark was completely uncalled for. Do you think those of us from the West aren't proud of who we are too? Just because Doug is our CEO doesn't mean we drink his kool-aid or like his flavor. We are a great group of flight attendants and are always happy to tell the pax if we are West or East when they ask. You don't have the title on that one.

Folks, thanks for the replies. That's what I thought. East is flights US700 and up.

The reason I was asking was because I was quite surprised when I saw an A321 on PHX-SJD and went on to research it. When I did, I was curious how the crew pairings work for that trip, since I have a PHL F/A and was wondering if there is any way she could work it.

I wasn't trying to stir anything. Over the years I've found both coasts' crews fantastic. It's just that I am an inquisitive person and when I set my mind to something, I can't seem to get it out of my mind so I just go ahead and ask.

Thanks for your help.

-Kinglobjaw

That remark was completely uncalled for. Do you think those of us from the West aren't proud of who we are too? Just because Doug is our CEO doesn't mean we drink his kool-aid or like his flavor. We are a great group of flight attendants and are always happy to tell the pax if we are West or East when they ask. You don't have the title on that one.

"But those from the sand castle will and should be proud that they are from
that place too..."

Lighten up hpflygirl. As I read ggiby's comment it sounds as if he's acknowledging that the west flight attendants are every bit as proud of their heritage as the east. Take a deep breath and read his post again.

Now we have to come up with a whole new set of nomenclature to define who is who these days.

AAAgony,Piedmonster(my wife),PSA(lazy, according to original U people)me, and now our friends from out west. I'm sure many people have worse names for each other but it would be a nice change from the smarmy Aussie sounding "eastie"vs."westie" terminology.

Any suggestions?

At the risk of retribution: "How do you get a US Air F/A into the cockpit? Put a twinkie? on the dashboard!"

As lame as that is, it is the only one I know.

And then if you have spent enough time in PHL you become "Phillish".
You didn't go back far enough. "Hawker" (Mohawk), Flatlander (Lake Central) Minni Hawker (298 guys)
Hawker larvae , sons of Mohawkers, and Womb to tombers. Company paid for their birth and death. :blink:

That PHX-SJD is a turn.

The extra on that A/C goes to MSP, the rest (of the crew) I think RON in PHX or go somewhere else. The problem with that is that the crew taking the plane to MSP comes in from ONT has to wait for the extra to get through customs and then get screened again and it makes the flight to MSP always late because of the short turn time (like 35 min).

What rocket scientist devised that pairing for the extra? :blink:

Yinz forgot one:

bg4h6a.jpg