New website systems BUGS (EAST metal)?

Still no reply from Doug either to my email advising him of a REVENUE PRODUCING problem. I guess theres no REVENUE DILUTION associated with not showing flights that we operate. Holiday weekend too. Anyone think it will be fixed any time soon? Holding my breath (and my wallet).

This is ludicrous. I've been in the IT field for 15 years. I've done installations, upgrades, migrations to new platforms of all sorts of Database types, Operating Systems, application suites. Many of these involved moving legacy code or simply interfacing it to new technologies. I suspect at USAirways the latter is occuring - interfacing the CRS with a web front end. I know that's over simplifying it, but in a nutshell that's what it is.

In a typical Promote to Production(P2P) system environemnt, you have a development system that has some mock data and a lot of code changes going on. This is where the interfaces between the web engine and the CRS are built and beat to he11. Some of that code will make it to production, some won't. But before any of it goes to productive operation, it goes to a clean Q/A environemnt that is an exact replica of the live, productive environment, but without all the data (flights, customers, etc.). So, the replication is really the core code that makes it all work. Data is data, so that's not important in a QA enviornment as long as it's useful and representative of what real data would be.

The QA would have a lot of mock data that could be used to run many, many, many simulations and test scenarios. Finally when the Q/A testing is done, the final code changes are approved and sent to production. But if they fail in QA, they get checked and fixed in the development environment and tested again in QA. That circle continus until it's right.

To me, it sounds like they developed in one system and sent it straight to the productive environment. Or, worse yet, they built the productive environment, gave it a cursory test, and then put it out there. But then what to they use to make fixes and test them now???

Many of you here are IT savvy and probably understand this stuff, so if I offended anyone's intelligence forgive me. I'm just scratching my head (as are many of you) that this kind of stuff is going on after 1+ months since "go-live".

I wouldn't take his not responding in a negative way tadjr. My suspicion is yours is but one of many. He's probably so sick of hearing about the website. He knows it's not going well and somewhere along lifes way those e-mails are getting forwarded to the IT folks to address on a case by case basis.

Any responsible company would be giving weekly, at a minimum, updates about the situation to its employees. It would be very easy to do. However, the arrogance in airline management is longstanding and not limited to one airline or one person.

This is ludicrous. I've been in the IT field for 15 years. I've done installations, upgrades, migrations to new platforms of all sorts of Database types, Operating Systems, application suites. Many of these involved moving legacy code or simply interfacing it to new technologies. I suspect at USAirways the latter is occuring - interfacing the CRS with a web front end. I know that's over simplifying it, but in a nutshell that's what it is.

In a typical Promote to Production(P2P) system environemnt, you have a development system that has some mock data and a lot of code changes going on. This is where the interfaces between the web engine and the CRS are built and beat to he11. Some of that code will make it to production, some won't. But before any of it goes to productive operation, it goes to a clean Q/A environemnt that is an exact replica of the live, productive environment, but without all the data (flights, customers, etc.). So, the replication is really the core code that makes it all work. Data is data, so that's not important in a QA enviornment as long as it's useful and representative of what real data would be.

The QA would have a lot of mock data that could be used to run many, many, many simulations and test scenarios. Finally when the Q/A testing is done, the final code changes are approved and sent to production. But if they fail in QA, they get checked and fixed in the development environment and tested again in QA. That circle continus until it's right.

To me, it sounds like they developed in one system and sent it straight to the productive environment. Or, worse yet, they built the productive environment, gave it a cursory test, and then put it out there. But then what to they use to make fixes and test them now???

Many of you here are IT savvy and probably understand this stuff, so if I offended anyone's intelligence forgive me. I'm just scratching my head (as are many of you) that this kind of stuff is going on after 1+ months since "go-live".
You hit the nail on the head....I also work in IT and do major system implementations. There is no way they could have tested this at all. It's not like the big things worked but little 'bugs' here and there occurred. There are/were big things that just plain bombed. Whomever was managing this project is responsible for what went into production (I would have lost my job if I had done this), but I do have to wonder what their marching orders were, such as get it out there no matter what the condition....who knows. But, this far into production, you would think that all development resources would have been deployed to ensure it was perfect long before now.

I wouldn't take his not responding in a negative way tadjr.

I dont take it negative or in a personal way, but I just find it odd that something so important didnt even get a "hit reply" thanks for the info message, thats all.
Just in case Doug is enjoying his nice long holiday weekend sans computer, I've emailed the info to a friend working at the IT dept with the new Qik/Sabre project since he might have someone else "closer" to the actual problem. If its just a load problem, they should just be able to reload the schedule and get it to take. Since its been 2 days and still limited flights are showing, you'd have to think its something more complicated. Dont know why something that WAS working right has gone so far off kilter unless one of their other fixes knocked this off.

Well, its fixed. I just got a nice note back from
US Airways
Director of eCommerce & Vacations Revenue Management
explaining that it was a schedule change taking place and how the info is loaded and why it was slow to load. I checked it again just now and it shows the flights. While I find it hard to believe that a schedule change should take 2 days to load to the website, at least the explanation was plausible.
As a side note, the 2 forwards involved to get to the right person were also included and I thank Mr Parker and Mr Christ for passing the info on to the right person and for the response of Ms Danziger.
Like Piney said, they are listening even though they dont always respond. :up:

HAPPY BOOKINGS. B)

Unless MCO is down to 3 non-stops from PHL in November, which are sold out, the website is still screwed up.

What date are you looking at? I just checked Nov 15th and its showing 6 in each direction. I didnt check any other dates. Is it a holiday skd or weekend skd? Let me know and I'll email back to the Director who emailed me with a note letting them know its still not showing right if thats the case.

I am finding a lot of problems with my DM account as well. I just noticed that I had been given credit for a flight, but I no longer see that credit. I am missing class of service bonuses for 3 of my flights even though they are showing that I was booked in F. It's a different story every day. US1 desk can only help with certain things, apparently, you have to call someone else to help with certain problems. I'm tired of calling. I'm tired of being placed on hold. I'm tired of getting bad information.

Cant help with the DM problems, but it appears there is still a bug with the download this week on the website and the integration of East and West flight numbers. I have been advised that they are working on the problem now that it has been located.

Just tried to book PHL-FCO in January (10th to the 20th). Got a message that there are no flights between my city pair. Oh well. So much for an easy fix.

So where is Barbell with smart and snappy comebacks to this particular website fiasco? I'm sure he has had no trouble.

Oh yes you can, and please do...I'm getting tired of whining and still haven't gotten any cheese....
Don't forget we are an LCC now...Low Class Carrier. The website to me just looks like the old AWA website. Remember what an international powerhouse they were.