Islam at the DNC Convention

If it's a fact, suport it. You were not able to do it when you were 7days or Dapoes and I doubt you have learned much since you were away but go ahead and surprise us, prove your point. How is government support of religious displays on public property different from government support for wash basins?

Do what you do best, Google it.

That is a dismissive comment, not an argument for your position.

Sure, anyone can write anything on the internet, so you have to engage in a little critical thinking... contrary to the Texas GOP's ideas, yes, but necessary.

Prior to the internet and GOogle, and xcpt for going ot college to study History or Religous Studies, there was the library... and then you only got to read what one of the established publishers thought they could sell, and sell a lot of.

Which is really better?

FWIW, this country was founded primarily onthe principles of the The Enlightenment and The Reformation. Sure, a lot of the founders attended church, but only John Jay was a fervent Christian. The rest were mostly deists, Quakers, FreeMasons, and the like.

They were all of them, along with all of the regular folks who fought the revolution and actually created teh United States, were definitely progressives, and, eventually, radically so. The Conservatives of the day were the Loyalists and Tories.

There are good, recent, biographies of John Adams, Ben Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington. They all provide insight into the events of the times, the motivations of the individuals and the various factions, the guiding principles, as well as the heartfelt differences and heated arguments that led to the formation of this country. "Founding Brothers" is another good one, that is easier to read.

It is popular for the so-called "conservatives" of today to ridicule the educated. The founders were not igonorant followers. They thought, critically. They explored new ideas. They embraced change, and made it happen.

You haven't actually responded to anything anyone on this thread has said with a cogent argument. I find that interesting, and, revealing.

Have you actually ever read the Constitution? Have you studied what it means and how it came to be? Have you actually read any history, or studied any other cultures?

Perhaps you should, before you make foolish statements and false arguments in public.

Quips and feeble attempts at dismissal are de rigueur for her, and anything you write that runs counter to the regressive, venal talking points she's bought into will go nowhere.

Shame, really.

I think my post quoting knotbuyinit makes it clear i was replying to him

Having a difficult time navigating the board genius?

Not me... That south guy didn't get that I replied to you... Even tho the quote box was right there... Some genius, huh?

Now, it seems that you are having a hard time keeoing up too...

Something in the tea?

Wake up kiddies, hell is at the door.

Egypt’s Islamists aim to install a global Islamic caliphate with its capital in Jerusalem, a radical Muslim preacher told thousands of Muslim Brotherhood supporters in a clip released Monday.
“We can see how the dream of the Islamic caliphate is being realized, God willing, by Dr. Mohamed Mursi,” Safwat Higazi told thousands of Brotherhood supporters at a Cairo soccer stadium as Mursi – the movement’s presidential candidate – and other Brotherhood officials nodded in agreement.

Don't worry, they're only kidding.

“Tomorrow, Mursi will liberate Gaza,” an unidentified man cheers in the video before leading the crowd in chants of “Allah Akbar.”
“Banish the sleep from the eyes of all Jews,” the man repeats, accompanied by drumming. “Come on, you lovers of martyrdom, you are all Hamas… Forget about the whole world, forget about conferences. Brandish your weapons, say your prayers and pray to the Lord.”
Returning to the stage, Mursi vowed to pray in Jerusalem. “Yes, Jerusalem is our goal. We shall pray in Jerusalem, or die as martyrs on its threshold.”

“This is what the Muslim Brotherhood really stands for: the extermination of Israel – and Jews everywhere – as well as the spread and control of radical Islam over the world,” he told The Jerusalem Post.
“How anyone can fail to see this boggles the mind – yet its denial is virtual dogma in the global mainstream media, US government and Western academia today,” said Stock, who has translated a number of books by the Nobel Prize-winning Egyptian novelist Naguib Mahfouz.

http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=269074

Not me... That south guy didn't get that I replied to you... Even tho the quote box was right there... Some genius, huh?

Now, it seems that you are having a hard time keeoing up too...

Something in the tea?

Slow down there sparky. Knot has been around here under different names. We alkaline know her MOD. Kevin was telling you that Knot dies no do well when she is called out to.prove her points. He was not replying to your post in the manner that you seem to.think he did.

Slow down there sparky. Knot has been around here under different names. We alkaline know her MOD. Kevin was telling you that Knot dies no do well when she is called out to.prove her points. He was not replying to your post in the manner that you seem to.think he did.

What ever you say Garfield. Pretty funny coming from a hermaphrodite who substitutes a link to support its claim with the "If i recall' acronym. Thanks for "downshifting".

I think my post quoting knotbuyinit makes it clear i was replying to him

It was crystal clear who you were talking to.

Slow down there sparky. Knot has been around here under different names. We all know her MOD. Kevin was telling you that Knot does not do well when she is called out to prove her points. He was not replying to your post in the manner that you seem to.think he did.

^This^

Ok... I see that angle now

Wake up kiddies, hell is at the door.

Don't worry, they're only kidding.

“This is what the Muslim Brotherhood really stands for: the extermination of Israel – and Jews everywhere – as well as the spread and control of radical Islam over the world,” he told The Jerusalem Post.
“How anyone can fail to see this boggles the mind – yet its denial is virtual dogma in the global mainstream media, US government and Western academia today,” said Stock, who has translated a number of books by the Nobel Prize-winning Egyptian novelist Naguib Mahfouz.

http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=269074

Some radical muslims... No denying that

Same as some radical christians... No denying that either

Not if you read thier own words

Some radical ................ 's does not mean all ..............'s are radical.

The irony. Calls me out for not proving a point then offers no proof to support his statement "Knot has been around here under different names". Some really impressive Progressive Smart power you got going there.

Some radical muslims... No denying that

Same as some radical christians... No denying that either

Not if you read thier own words

Some radical ................ 's does not mean all ..............'s are radical.

With that said, look into who's running the Islamic dog and pony show at the DNC convention.

Who is Imam Siraj Wahhaj and what do you know of him?

How about Jibril Hough?

Back