Isn't This An Oxymoron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
UseYourHead said:
crazyincanton said:
I am a 21 year f/a based in Pit the whole time. Teddy is the first rep we have had that has had any balls. The reason management doesn't like her is because she is not rolling over for them. Their credibility is gone and now they are going to stoop to questioning her character and motives? This shows you the type of leaders we have at u.
Yes, I am willing to put my job and career on the line this time. Management has done absolutely nothing with the $1billion + givebacks we gave them. And now they are back for more? Where is the plan besides concessions? Where is the revenue-generating plan?
Isn't it funny how during the first two cincessions that they wanted everyone at wn's wages? Now we are being compared with the jetblues and airtrans. I will not work for those wages. Will I be out of a job? Maybe. Will I still have bills to pay? Absolutely. But you know what? Sometimes you have to stand up for what is right. I won't be the first person to ever stand in the unemployment line and I won't be the last. Because this job is not worth a penny less than I am gettting now. If managemnt thinks that Teddy doesn't have a following they are so wrong. Everyone that I speak with on my trips are so glad that we have someone willing to go toe to toe with them. Even the f/a's in the other bases know that Teddy has our interest at heart. This is not an ego trip for Teddy. This is about professionalism, dignity, and standing up for what you believe in. If u ceases to exist because management wants to keep hammering the employees instead of tryin to run the company, then so be it.

WHERE IS THE PLAN?
crazyincanton,

Thats interesting, as most FAs I hear from on the line have 180 degree attitude from yours...Do you read the newspaper and have a view of the big picture out there?

Your choice will be no job as an FA, starting over in some other line of work, or modifications to what we all have now. Do the math, my guess is your choice would be far better to work things out here.

I don't care if you have a degree or not. Go out and try and use it now, maybe you will realize what you have when you do. What is your personal plan B?
My personal plan B is that I started a business on the side a year ago. I'm not up to what I am making hear yet but it is doing very well. I don't know what f/a's your talking to but they must be different from the ones I'm flying with. We have all had enough. A job at express wages is NOT better than no job at all. Maybe you're scared because YOU don't have a plan B. I'm not scared.

WHERE IS THE PLAN?

While there may be some good things that Teddy is trying to accomplish, it is hard to be appreciative of anything about her from the article in the Charlotte Observer. Steve Hearn, on the other hand, is a class act and a gentleman. I have spoken to several Charlotte f/as who are completely disgusted with Xidas. It seems that she did more harm that good for everyone especially with the insults leveled at the Southern flight attendants. I would be absolutely ashamed if the father of my children was embarrassed of me. I sure do hate it for her.

Hey everyone,

I am new to the boards and have been busy reading these replys for about 1 hour. First of all, the article in the Charlotte Observer was totally appalling. For a union president in Pit to make those remarks about flight attendants that she supposedly cares about is outrageous. Have any of you heard of the person running against Teddy in Pit? I have heard that she has good views but take a more rational and professional approach than getting nuts on everyone. We all know that Teddy has posted on this site, so how does she find time to do it when she is supposed to be helping the flight attendants in Pit? Her job is not to be on here posting thousands of messages!! She needs to take care of the day to day business of the flight attendants. Also, I would be curious to know if she plans on flying again if she loses the election.

Born_to_fly said:
Hey everyone,

I am new to the boards
I'm not a flight attendant and dont know anything about Teddy or the person running against her, but even I can take a guess as to who some of our new posters are (a couple in particular). It isnt rocket science that most all of a certain posters posts contain the same 1 name in them with nothing but put downs.
Maybe we need a new rule on here at union election time just like the big boys have. If you're going to bash your opponent, you at least have to say that you approved the commecial. :down:

Tadjr,

Exactly correct.

I'd like to ask Born To fly since she/he seems to know the opponent Gineen well, if she heard why there was a "personality conflict" with the Pres and and the sec/treas Gineen who up and resigned twice? Do you know why?

Did you hear that the Sec/Treas was paid full flight pay loss to come in every day, but didn't. Only showed up a few days a week for her personal reasons but expected the local pres. to pay her FULL FLIGHT PAY LOSS for the month.

So, Born to fly, since you maybe related in some way to the Local PIT canidate who is running in this election, do you know the reasons why she didn't come in the Local office everyday like she was suppose to? Can you speak to this since you seem to want to bring up the candidate?

Are you trying to make this forum a political platform for the candidate? Should we go there?

Actually I do know her personally and You. AFter all, I am based in Pittsburgh.

The candidate has no business running for any office until she gets her personal life together.

Hope for your sake, and uza, that that doesn't get exposed. From my understanding Gineen has exposed her pesonal life out on the line.

She shouldn't have done that.

If you think you can lie and attack the PIT president to cast a less shadow on yourselves who are running....think again.

Status
Not open for further replies.