funny story-dca to btv

noluv

Apr 19, 2004
this is why i looovvee the flight crew for midatlantic. flew this morning from dca to btv. after boarding i was seated behind this woman who looked ill. not sickly or hungover but i could tell she just was not feeling right. we were seated in the middle of the aircraft. and as the flight attendant, who was staffing the front of the aircraft....was doing a passenger count this woman bellowed out a "miss...i need to talk to you." the flight attendant immediately stopped what she was doing to accommadate this passenger. the woman was talking loud enough that i and everyone within three or four rows of her could hear her. she proceeded to tell the flight attendant...." I HAVE DIAHHREA AND I AM GOING TO NEED TO USE THE BATHROOM ALOT"....before this woman could continue embarrassing herself the flight attendant politely stopped her and quietly explained that she would move her seat either to the first or last row, which she immediately did. so that this passenger would have quick access to either bathroom. and that the only reason she asked her to do this was because during takeoff or landing, if she had an emergency and needed to get to the lav, the flight attendant would be concerned about the woman running from the middle of the aircraft to either facility and hurting herself in the process. this flight attendant did so with such grace and cooth, i could not even believe it. i would have burst out laughing and walked away. don't get me wrong i've been there before, and have worded it quite differently. on other airlines i rudely recieved a completely different reaction from the flight attendant. but to the sick passenger...what ever happened to some pride? " i have been sick all morning and need quick access to the bathroom." what has happened to the traveling public? i applaud all flight crew for working today....especially this flight attendant on us1716. i hope that she reads this and that she was able to be home this evening with her family and loved ones, and i hope her supervisor gets my complimentary comment card... god bless and happy holidays...noluv

PLEASE do NOT quote and entire post. It takes up lots of room and makes the boards hard to read. Thanks. (edited by moderator)

Wow. People with DIARRHEA are going to be FARTING in the confines of a TINY AIRCRAFT. That's not a very good atmosphere to breathe in!! :blink:

Am I the only one who gets the bitter irony here of the "MidAtlantic" crews being #### on?

Seeing a US Airways plane makes me sick after what they are doing to those people. I hope they don't ever return because US does not deserve such fine flight crews.

i honestly do not know nor try to pretend that i do. but do the mid flight attendants not retain their recall to usairways at their furloughed seniority and are they not in the midst of a lawsuit fighting for their longevity gained at mid.? why if these people love their jobs would they go to another airline and start at the bottom of the seniority list for far less pay and working conditions?

do the mid flight attendants not retain their recall to usairways at their furloughed seniority and are they not in the midst of a lawsuit fighting for their longevity gained at mid.?

NoLuv,

I'm happy to report that yes, Mid FA's are in the midst of filing a lawsuit right now against the injustices by the company and union, who went along with everything....The points they are fighting for are back pay, longevity, and other rightful benefits.....stay tuned! Call me biased, and I certainly love all US f/a's, but the "mids" are the cream of the crop! :) Happy New Year to all!