Us Airways, 2005 By Teddy Xidas

EyeInTheSky

Veteran
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
This is an excellent column. WTG, Teddy!

US Airways, 2005
From the flight attendants, some New Year's resolutions for all
Friday, December 31, 2004

By Teddy Xidas

Flight Attendants at US Airways get it. As employees of a struggling airline, we are doing everything we can to ensure the survival of our company. We're even considering a third tentative agreement that everyone knows is another step back down our career ladder, for every flight attendant. The vote on that proposal will be completed Wednesday, Jan. 5.

See Article

I'm not 100% sure about USAirways surviving in 2005?..but the crux of the post sure reminds me a lot of the Piedmont spirit and approach to things , but we all know thats not going to happen at U by its own choosing.

Maybe the old Piedmont way of doing things is needed here?...but I'd just as soon not go to a 1984 Payscale to achieve it. Who the hell can afford that in the working class in 2005?

Anywho..Great post Ms. Xidas....if only half of what you spoke of could become true?...this place might have a fighting chance afterall??? :blink:

She needs to give up.. This management team is out for one thing.. To line its pockets with money at the expense of labor.. No question about it..

Show me one leader here at US Airways that has stepped up to the plate and admitted that they are responsible for something.. Show me one.. They don't exist..

They spend every living day brainstorming a way to blame someone else.. Thats why they have the management Rules Committee in DCA.. They sit around all day and come up with rules.. New Rules, old rules, whatever.. Just so they have someone to blame..

Stick a fork in this pig, its done..

I agree but as a leader she must show leadership which she is doing unlike any management team I can remember in my 15 years there.

It’s over and if I didn't really believe that I would have hung in there. I just can't believe there is much of a future for very many people if anyone at all. Too much damage done and like Eastern I really believe U will follow that path. All the papers will be saying: those greedy nasty union people who wanted enough of a wage to buy dog food.

Not even the captain and all his delusions will make a difference.

Say G_O_O_D N_I_G_H_T

Great...another person in denial...worst part is that they're in a leadership position. The truth about the low fares is that some companies (AirTran, Southwest, JetBlue) can be profitable on them and you can't. That's not very sound business to me. If you can't make in the environment that exists...get out...

Excellent Opt Ed. However, the unions also need to start working with management. It's a two way street, where did she say the AFA is going to stop blamming management. If she wants management to stop blamming employees then the employees should also stop blamming management.

jcw said:
Excellent Opt Ed. However, the unions also need to start working with management. It's a two way street, where did she say the AFA is going to stop blamming management. If she wants management to stop blamming employees then the employees should also stop blamming management.
[post="234383"][/post]​

Leadership starts from the top.

Didn't you ever learn this?

jcw said:
[post="234383"][/post]​

It doesn't matter if everybody sits around the campfire and sings Kumbaya. The fundamental way that US Air management conducts business is BROKEN. Raping employee compensation only delays the inevitable a very short while. All SW, JB and AirTran have to do is make sure US Air continues to bleed for a little while longer.

Blame?? Well, before you can fix it, you need to know where the fault lies. Unfortunately, the time to change was 2 years ago. It's too late now, especially with the dunces still running the company.

PITbull said:
Yea, always wish I could be her, with such a level head, and passion for her group.

Teddy's editorial made me proud today, especially after reading the recycled lies on the other side of the page. Best to you and yours. Greeter (by the way gang, I have seen Teddy in action....she takes personal action to look after her F/As).

Teddy is a beacon of truth in the filthy stock pile of lies that employees are fed daily by U, we can print out lies day after day. God bless her and keep her light shining through her truth.

Latest posts