It just keeps getting better and better

The company is so worried about fixing your broken seats, they eliminated the out of service and MEL crews at DFW...Just means they will take AC out of service and push to pad for midnights.....No manpower for working trips,gets better everyday... It just amazes me we can make the same mistakes over and over,when new management takes over.Its the same broken record...Cut paste on midnights then return to same same a bid later...Nothing changes but attitudes get worse...We have all been here before...

FLUNKY? Who is the flunky? A mechanic? Who? Where are you so high on the food change that you call someone a flunky?

Let me tell you something about the FAA....If the aircraft had LEGAL deferrals that had time limits on them, THE FAA WILL DO NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! NADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As long as deferrals were made properly, that's what counts!

As far as the Captain's refusal of the aircraft, that is his call and his call alone.

When a Captain chooses to beat his chest and impress the cabin crew over a legal deferral which has plenty of time until repair, and when he/she says they will take the delay for the repair.....believe you me....................HE'S GONNA TAKE A DELAY WHICH WILL REGRET HIM MAKING THAT CHOICE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Seriously, would you care to explain why you think a Captain would regret taking a delay for an item he/she believed needed to be repaired before accepting the airplane?

I never push this, or any, issue to "impress" anyone... nor have I ever had any reason to regret refusing an airplane until it was fixed, legal deferral or not.

cp

Yep I have had that happen a couple of times in my career. Funny how a pilot will write it up then say "ah its no problem you can just sign it off" I have had a few words with some capts who have done that. I said no now you will wait because you have put the ball in my court and put my licence on the line and I will not sign it off until I do a functional check per the AMM. On the flip side I have seen capts refuse an MEL that is perfectly legal and I never try to talk them into taking it. It is their right to refuse if they wish. Some things are even in their contract such as autopilots APU or auto pressurization all of which they could refuse with no questioning from pilot management.

There is no mention in the pilots' contract about items that can or can not be refused by the Captain.

It is AA policy and FAR that the Captain can, and in fact has a duty and obligation to, refuse an aircraft that in his judgement is not suitable for that flight.

It is also quite possible that the same aircraft, in the same condition, would be acceptable to another or even the same Captain for a different flight.

Legal isn't always safe.

cp

cp

Latest posts