It's been CRAZY

Fly4Free

Veteran
May 31, 2006
Wherever.
Okay, been awhile since I've posted. I just wanted to post an observation and maybe there's an explanation for it.

Since January of 2007, I have lost three supervisors, two of them being ex-supervisors.. a manager of the department I work in.. been shoved around by the new manager WHO DOESN'T EVEN KNOW ME and top it off.. as soon as I started working at corporate, the manager there left so I went back to my old department because I wasn't going to stick around with their poorly mismanaged .com pushes.

Why all the managers / supervisors leaving? Answer: They must not like the $12/hr they get paid!!!

We unfortunately are being run by a bunch of amateurs rather than airline professionals. The Tempe team is a bunch of near incompetents running us into the ground. They are profiting on the backs of the employees and giving us nothing to work with. Their touted qik/shares ungrades and improvements have never happened and maintanance is stuck with a pathetic system as well. We are operating with computer systems that makes the commodore 64 look like top flight technology. I can only hope that the addition of Isom will help. We can't get anyone to be supervisors at the airports. Who wants the grief for .55 cents more per hour. The senior agents and supervisors are leaving left and right as soon they can. They can no longer bear to put up with what Tempe has made us become., THE LOW CLASS CARRIER. Competence and experience have no value here. Massive employee turnover is what counts as it keeps their costs lower. You get what you pay for. They pay crap so that is all they get in return. They don't give us the tools and supplies we need. We have been out of seat cushions, seat covers and paper towels in DCA for almost 4 weeks. Tempe what is your excuse?

Doug parker made a very good choice Is choosing Mr Isom . While he won’t do anything to help our “labor woesâ€￾ he will definitely correct our operational problems .

To those of you who enjoy complaining about how poorly our airline is run from an operational standpoint , I suggest you get as much bitching in as you can now before Isom fixes most of the operational problems .

Doug parker made a very good choice Is choosing Mr Isom . While he won’t do anything to help our “labor woesâ€￾ he will definitely correct our operational problems .

To those of you who enjoy complaining about how poorly our airline is run from an operational standpoint , I suggest you get as much bitching in as you can now before Isom fixes most of the operational problems .

You seem pretty sure of that assessment of Isom. I used to have that opinion, too.

How much time do you think the employees should allow for the operational fixes?

Well things don’t happen over night , and considering how many “fixesâ€￾ there needs to be , I’d say at least a year starting from today .

what time frame do you think would serve as a good measure ?

Are you bipolar ???...one post you hate the company and have this "they suck" attitude and the next, you're their cheerleader. You confuse me.

Sorry if I may have made myself out to be bi polar , I am not , I just tend to have complex views ….let the record show , that for the most part I have generally thought highly of Doug parker . However , I won’t hesitate to shred the mans reputation if it should serve the interests of us rampers .

In relating to Isom , I call them like I see them , the mans quite competent from what I can tell , if he can’t solve our operational problems then I don’t think anyone can .

Am I angry at the lousy wages I and my fellow west workers are making and the fact that this company has been dragging it‘s feet for it seems like forever ? YOU CAN BET ON IT !!

Do I have the ability to think objectively and separate my anger from my rational thinking skills ? yes .

You try to separate operational problems from employee discontent, anger and frustration with the way the company is treating them.

I'm pretty sure there is an office waiting for you in Tempe if you'd like to sign up for a management position.

If you think you can solve the operational problems with the aforementioned employees because of a new "quite competent" fellow in charge you don't understand where the true problems lie and why the operation, indeed the whole airline, is in the state it is.

In this business employees are the key. You need to figure that out if you want to think objectively and rationally. Your view of the problem is overly complex. I'm not quite sure about why that is but it surely is in line with the cretins in Tempe.

How much time do you think the employees should allow for the operational fixes?
Well, changes can't happen overnight. They have to create spreadsheets, committees, focus groups, email surveys, blah blah blah. And then they will say, overwhelmingly, our customers prefer to arrive alive over being on-time, so we're doing good.

I'm pretty sure there is an office waiting for you in Tempe if you'd like to sign up for a management position.

Geez give me a break here , i was responding to crushers post where he adressed such issues as

"They don't give us the tools and supplies we need. We have been out of seat cushions, seat covers and paper towels in DCA for almost 4 weeks. Tempe what is your excuse?"

"We are operating with computer systems that makes the commodore 64 look like top flight technology. I can only hope that the addition of Isom will help"

Also notice that when i replied to crusher i said about isom "he won’t do anything to help our “labor woesâ€￾"

ANWAYS us1

yeah you got a strong point there . it was funny listening to executive management explain to us here in PHX how they learned different things from that company they hired to tell them what’s wrong with our airline ,everything that company told them is what we’ve been telling them SINCE DAY ONE , not to mention I think employee morale was the biggest issue that they found . Well DUH …

let the record show , that for the most part I have generally thought highly of Doug parker .
LOL!! :blink:
is it the swoosh which brings you to this conclusion? the IMPOtempes came up with that all by themselves, you know?
i assure you, there is NOTHING complex about your thinking as it relates to DoUgIe. on the contrary, to arrive at positive conclusions about DoUgIe suggests an outright inability to comprehend reality. you really needn't credit yourself with complex thinking. :blink:

LOL!! :blink:
is it the swoosh which brings you to this conclusion? the IMPOtempes came up with that all by themselves, you know?
i assure you, there is NOTHING complex about your thinking as it relates to DoUgIe. on the contrary, to arrive at positive conclusions about DoUgIe suggests an outright inability to comprehend reality. you really needn't credit yourself with complex thinking. :blink:

Well I guess coming from a little known carrier called America west airlines I must just have low standards .I guess for people such as yourself it‘s no impressive feat that my small airline was taken and merged to become one of the big 5. I guess making how many hundreds of millions this year is chump change compared to what folks like yourself are used too …. Being that I’m not all too complex I suppose I wouldn’t haven known to hire what seems to be one of the best operational men out there to handle our issues if I was running the company , but then again it must just be common sense to figure out who would know how to do a job well … Oh well , call me a backwater type of person ….

Look I’m not dismissing your anger at parker , he’s done a hell of a job holding labor in check through one means or another , so listen I FEEL your pain ….but overall I’d say he’s good at what he does ..

You be sure to let us know when thing are"fixed" around here, we don't want to miss it. :lol:

Look I’m not dismissing your anger at parker , he’s done a hell of a job holding labor in check through one means or another , so listen I FEEL your pain ….but overall I’d say he’s good at what he does ..
[/quote]

Good at what he does?

I guess you better define what it is he is supposed to to then. Because if running an airline is part of his job description you need look no further than the DOT statistics.

You seem to define success with the short term profit that EVERYONE in this business is making at the moment. Watch what happens now that things are going to get tougher. The profit LCC is showing is simply because their labor costs are so much lower than the rest. No magic there. Just taking advantage of cost structures his predecessors and the courts put into place.

.. Meanwhile in some dark room at Tempe HQ on floor 9...

Parker: *rubs hands together* muaha.. what shall we do next, master?

Darth Vader: Let the customers suffer.. let's do 30million schedule changes and make everyone change their plans 4 times..

Parker: EXCELLENT. They won't know what hit em, master.

Darth Vader: Good, now leave me while I devise my master plan.

Back