My supervisor has to call their supervisor then he calls. . .

Thanks for explaining guys. I had no idea the stakes were that high for you. I stand corrected.

YVINTERN, actually a few years ago I did kind of know how to change one a/c type. I watched the guys enough, and I think that I could do it, it's just that little matter of an aircraft mechanic license. They're right, you know, one little thing can ground an airplane.

As for putting make up on, consider yourself slapped. Chic flight attendants never show up un made up.

Phew, we can wipe that off the list of things that make Princess cranky.

You couldnt be more far off base, it is a federal legal requirement, FARs are federal air regulations.

Call the FAA if you dont believe me.

From my point of view, there's a big difference between a debunker and a skeptic.

A debunker is convinced he is right and will entertain nothing to the contrary.

A skeptic will put forth his understanding of the events, and why he believes what he does, in a non-confrontational way, listening to the opposing opinion/argument and countering them with well reasoned, rational arguments.

Of course that doesn't stop some of the more, ahem, robust "truthers" from labelling anyone who disagrees a debunker - but IMO that makes them just as bad. :up: :up: :up:

West has always had the Cabin Maintenance Log (CML) at least as long as 10 years. Getting light bulbs, tray tables, coffee makers, mirror lights, etc,. were always logged (required by the FAA since you have the book onboard). Here is where it changed. West always had a separate maintenace group in place (interiors) to fix these items and we almost always had them fixed quickly upon return to a HUB. Once they went to a single union, things changed for west and now the waiting time from line maintenance has increased. For now, the best things the FA's can do is log the item properly.

Thanks for explaining guys. I had no idea the stakes were that high for you. I stand corrected.

YVINTERN, actually a few years ago I did kind of know how to change one a/c type. I watched the guys enough, and I think that I could do it, it's just that little matter of an aircraft mechanic license. They're right, you know, one little thing can ground an airplane.

As for putting make up on, consider yourself slapped. Chic flight attendants never show up un made up.

Phew, we can wipe that off the list of things that make Princess cranky.
:rolleyes: Haven't worked the line since 86. But remember ,we use to be manned 3 mechanics a gate.We also had the Leads at the gate. No more. Also the mechanic can enter the fix in the log book.But you have to have the people there and the PARTS. Lets see parts. We rob from the incomming A/C to make the ETR for the out going. Thats if the line doesn't rob from the one ready to leave heavy. That can up to alot of parts moving , and doing the same job four times. It may just be a light bulb. But is it stocked? And can we find the part in sphincter, I mean scepter. :blink:

Does that explain an airbus with a taped broken lav mirror?

Or an airbus that is flying around with no potable water?

A passenger should expect a reading light above the seat to work, especially if the rider had work to do. In the old days we could just relocate the passenger to another seat but not on sardine flights these days.

You don't want delays, this we understand. But that does not change the fact that cosmetic maintenance still needs to be done more regularly than C-check time! (I know, an exageration...). Cleaning disgustingly filthy airplane, walls, ceilings, windows, tray tables, carpeting, seats, galleys, flight decks, jumpseats, compartments, carts, doors and floors is a high priority for me. Cosmetic maintenance is a huge part of passenger perception too.

the airbus 321 with no potable water...oh you've flown around in that beauty too this week? I have seen things go quite a long time before they are fixed. Anyone have the joy of flying around in the E190 with the vent flap/arming lever not working on the 2L door? It's been that way for a VERY long time and is just about up for fixing. The whole thing is a joke and I just find it hard to believe that other airlines have this issue and at such a grand scale daily. I'm sorry that JOKE of a blue book is useless. Thats the "put it in and we'll fix it within a month" book. :lol: I don't blame the maintenance guys really. Look around it trickles from the TOP as I think a lot of THEIR light bulbs are out. ;)

That's exactly it. I am not going to hassle the mechanics about lightbulbs if this is their situation. It would be like the pax hassling me about the crappy food, wine, airplane, space . . .oh yeah, they do hassle me about that.

I like to think I have the intellectual capacity to understand where problems originate and who exactly is responsible for them. I would say that I wish the pax did too, but you know what? That's not their problem. All they know is that they got a lousy product and I wear a belt that says US.

If the mechanics don't have the time or support then it's the mental giants in Tempe. What a surprise. Since listening isn't their forte we're back to the Tempe Twilight zone.

The objective is, F/As try to write up everything so at least we've done our part. Then try to relocate, then tell the truth. I am not making excuses for Tempe's incompetence.

Can you say parts, parts parts???? Or in this case lack of.......!!! One tends to get a little pissed off getting assigned an aircraft with a work pack each night only to find out the parts are NIS. The new Sceptre system really is bad!!!! Nobody has much of a clue of whether we own the part let alone a location!!! Gets a little discouraging to say the least.

It's NO secret to the company about this parts issue. A captain even brought it up to Isom at the last taped crew news session. I believe the captain even handed (rings of some sort) to Isom and let him know that they cost OVER $8,000.00. I hear mechanics say time and time again that the parts we need are in PHX. WHY is this happening when there isn't ONE single A330 or 767 on the west coast. WHY do we keep everything in PHX? As with every other work group management needs to give maintenance the tools to do THEIR job. It's not a case of two mechanics giving a "hifive" after the plane pulls out with MEL'd items. This airlines has been made a JOKE by the micro managers we have running the "NEW" USairways. :rolleyes:

Interesting that you mention an abundance of parts in PHX. Speaking of Airbi again, we go through PHX very regularly on trips and even trying to get a nonreclining seat back readjusted to the proper not-reclining "up" position was an issue. We were told that they did not have manuals out there to work on Airbus. As with everything else, I took this with a grain of salt as it seemed rather unbelievable that a large base and maintenance facility for the "merged" USAirways would be unable to work on a large portion of our fleet that goes through there now. :blink:

A passenger should expect a reading light above the seat to work, especially if the rider had work to do. In the old days we could just relocate the passenger to another seat but not on sardine flights these days.

You don't want delays, this we understand. But that does not change the fact that cosmetic maintenance still needs to be done more regularly than C-check time! (I know, an exageration...). Cleaning disgustingly filthy airplane, walls, ceilings, windows, tray tables, carpeting, seats, galleys, flight decks, jumpseats, compartments, carts, doors and floors is a high priority for me. Cosmetic maintenance is a huge part of passenger perception too.
I flew on that airbus this week. It was so classy!!!