It's been CRAZY

I don't see alot of fixes coming from Tempe as they are under the impression that they are running a good operation. They seem to be totally blind to what is really happening on the front line as a result of their poor decision making. Where can we start : Qik/shares , Sceptre. centralizing all supply requests thru Tempe , lack of equipment , no parts , low standards for service ,poorly thought out a/c reconfigurations (320,321,330),degradation of first class and envoy service. These are all things that the stations can't control. They still believe that the decision to go to qik/shares was a good one when even their own auditors said it is costing us more to upgrade it than it would have cost us to keep SABRE , and we have not had any enhancements or upgrades in 6 months. The promised enhancement to flifo that was to have happened before the summer is still not there. So much our highly skilled and talented IT dept.

I don't see alot of fixes coming from Tempe as they are under the impression that they are running a good operation.
This isn't exactly true.

"This summer, we ran a very bad international operation, which a number of our customers experienced," said Kirby, whose airline is Philadelphia's dominant carrier, with more than 60 percent of the traffic.

"The DOT and FAA efforts to mitigate delays contributed to very smooth operations during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend," said Parker.

As you can see, with the help of our government, we are able to run a good operation. Probably because they grounded all competitor flights ROFL!! just kidding.

Maybe for X-Mas, Parker and Kirby need to fly AA, UA, NW, DL and a few foreign flag carriers to see what a real first and business class is like.

.. Meanwhile in some dark room at Tempe HQ on floor 9...

Parker: *rubs hands together* muaha.. what shall we do next, master?

Darth Vader: Let the customers suffer.. let's do 30million schedule changes and make everyone change their plans 4 times..

Parker: EXCELLENT. They won't know what hit em, master.

Darth Vader: Good, now leave me while I devise my master plan.

ah haha i nearlly fell out of my chair from laughter ........

Darth vader to parker : Feel the power of the dark side......

Parker : yes oh my master.......

Blame someone or something else other than blame ourselves for our poor operation , whether it be ATC or the city of Philadelphia . Never accept that the cause for our problems is US , because we don't make good choices or decisions. Thanksgiving went well not because of anything we did , but because of what the gov't did re: air space. It seems like they want someone else to solve our problems , maybe because they are incapable of doing it themselves.

Doug parker made a very good choice Is choosing Mr Isom . While he won’t do anything to help our “labor woesâ€￾ he will definitely correct our operational problems .

To those of you who enjoy complaining about how poorly our airline is run from an operational standpoint , I suggest you get as much bitching in as you can now before Isom fixes most of the operational problems .

And the airline he came from has such a stellar reputation that you want him to "fix" things just like he did before at his prior employer? Hmmmm - be careful what you wish for!

Well things don’t happen over night , and considering how many “fixesâ€￾ there needs to be , I’d say at least a year starting from today .

what time frame do you think would serve as a good measure ?

Yesterday.

Just like when US employees were promised improvements before by management. They didn't materialize then, and they aren't going to in the foreseeable future.

Maybe they'll deliver on improvements around the same time they deliver on labor contracts.

Here's my point, for those of you who still miss the obvious sarcasm: Your illustrious management isn't going to do ANYTHING WORTHWHILE to improve US Airways. They talk a lot, but they do nothing of any substance, or worse, they do something that screws up the operation even more. I don't need to list those items, because all of you who work or fly that shell of an airline have experienced it firsthand in one or more ways. Anything worthwhile is going or has gone the way of the dinosaur, and you could line a giant birdcage with the promises broken by the current management team.

It's far too late to improve something damaged as much as US Airways is. That is why DoUgIe talks about airline consolidation as much as he does. It's much easier to throw away what is broken than it is to repair it.

It's far too late to improve something damaged as much as US Airways is. That is why DoUgIe talks about airline consolidation as much as he does.

i disagree. with a talented and competent leadership, i do believe usair could be "saved". DoUgIe is neither, so he uses consolidation as a crutch to support his inadequacies as a leader and strong mind. he is an absolute disgrace. i've never seen anything quite like it...

what pom poms will the DoUgIe-loving-westies (insult qualified so as not to disparage all "westies") be waving when the kettle's disposable income evaporates in the looming recession? after we have alienated all of our premium pax?

I'm not here to bash Doug Parker. I really think that all that needs to be said has been said already.

However your second point is cause for concern. Wal-Mart has struggled of late. Primary reason is the high cost of gasoline kept their core customer at home. That's why you see them broadening their product offering in an effort to aquire a more affluent customer ala Target.

If as most on here believe that US has indeed driven off a rather large cadre of premium customers they will have done so at a potentially inopportune time as Business Travel is the last segment to feel the crunch of a faltering economy.

IMO this is why we see US Airways upgrading a great many things going into next year. Most are aimed at the Business Traveler. WN is doing the same with Business Select. It seems to be an effort to mitigate the effects of having to much exposure to the liesure side of the business.
So, PB do you think maybe they are finally listening to you(and your group) and are truly trying to make improvements?

i disagree. with a talented and competent leadership, i do believe usair could be "saved".

And that is not an unreasonable opinion, Legacy. You have a valid point with a valid qualifier.

Talented and competent.

DoUgIe loves to tout how long he's been in the industry, and yes, I would figure he would know what he's doing by now. But he doesn't, and that's why I think the airline is past it's sell-by date.

There is more than one factor, IMO, that contributes to this endless cycle of mediocrity at US Airways:

--The CEO thinks he's always right, and that his answer is the only right answer.

--The BOD will not change the CEO no matter how many times he screws up the company.

--The cult of personality in Tempe that refuses to argue for anything, probably fearing job loss as a result.

--The pot-calling-the-kettle-black mentality of management toward all of the employee groups. This is the worst one, because US employees have had to improvise and change work habits and learn new procedures so many times that many don't know what kind of company they are working for anymore. And yet they still do it and are lambasted for for their "unwillingness to accept the changes". Kind of a convenient way to bring the morale down: Even if you change, it's not good enough unless you embrace it, good or bad.

US Airways has managed to alienate employees, passengers, governments on all levels and even people who peripherally deal with the airline. The management needs to change the name to Distopia Airlines: We're not happy until everyone's not happy, and we mean EVERYBODY.

Back