It's Official. The SWAMP is very soon about to DRAIN. Flynn pleads Guilty !

All hypothetical, because as to date, there are no grounds for impeachment. As much as you would wish otherwise!
And, where did I say there were grounds for impeachment? You are so determined to disagree with anyone who does not view Dear Leader with slavish admiration that you make ridiculous statements such as these. Well, knock yourself out. I'm going to put you on ignore so there's no point in responding to my posts. I won't know or care about your opinion. Life is good when you have an ignore feature.

Forgot to mention, a Republican strategist said today on one of the news talk shows--Meet the Press, I think--that he now does not expect Trump to make it a full year in office. From his lips to God's ears. Now that's a Republican I can agree with. :D

Meet the Press, Sunday, 12/3/2017.

Mike Murphy is the strategist. Long-term political consultant to Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney and several other prominent Republicans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Murphy_(political_consultant)

Can't help including one of his quotes during the program on Sunday..."We are now living in the first Screwball Presidency."
Link to Youtube out-take:
Unfortunately, I just discovered that the Youtube out-take did not include Murphy's statement about how long he thought Trump would be in office. The out-take starts over half-way through the program on Sunday.

Last edited:
Dunno, Jim... I can't say I'd be paying attention to old guard establishment types right now, much less the consultant to a pair of losing candidates and solid Never Trumpers. Romney couldn't beat Obama, and Jeb!, who couldn't even make it to 1% of the popular vote in the primaries, and had less than half the pledged delegates that Ben Carson managed to win (Carson dropped out less than two weeks after Jeb! did).

The GOP electorate has shifted, yet the mainstream media still only flocks to the establishment guys, which I don't get. Or, maybe the newer R's are just not wasting their time responding to calls from the mainstream media producers. That lack of understanding where the electorate really is can be seen in bad polling not just in 2016 but also in the 2014 midterms.

The establishment guys have been on borrowed time for a while now, and interviews like what you posted are Hail Mary attempts to try and reverse the tide that started with the Tea Party and saw Donald Trump get the nomination.

It's why guys like Corker and Flake opted to retire -- it lets them to save face and not waste a lot of money or effort trying to survive a primary challenge. Unfortunately, it also means that we're going to wind up with a few more edge cases like Roy Moore (who makes Todd Aiken look pretty damn normal in comparison...).

It's starting to cave in.

A senior Justice Department official was demoted this week amid an ongoing investigation into his contacts with the opposition research firm responsible for the anti-Trump “dossier,” the department confirmed to Fox News.

Initially senior department officials could not provide the reason for Ohr’s demotion, but Fox News has learned that evidence collected by the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI), chaired by Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., indicates that Ohr met during the 2016 campaign with Christopher Steele, the former British spy who authored the “dossier.”

Additionally, House investigators have determined that Ohr met shortly after the election with Glenn Simpson, the founder of Fusion GPS – the opposition research firm that hired Steele to compile the dossier with funds supplied by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee. By that point, according to published reports, the dossier had been in the hands of the FBI, which exists under the aegis of DOJ, for some five months, and the surveillance on Carter Page, an adviser to the Trump campaign, had started more than two months prior.

The panel has issued numerous subpoenas for documents and witnesses related to the dossier but claims DOJ and FBI have “stonewalled,” an assertion that House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., seconded in a rare public statement in October.

The demotion of Ohr thus marked the second time within a matter of months that the Justice Department and the FBI have disciplined for misconduct a senior official connected in some form or fashion to the Trump-Russia case.

Eric, it will be interesting to see the outcome of the 2018 elections. That will give us some sort of idea as to where the " silent majority" of electorates feel, both Democrat, and Republican, about all the B.S. that is Washington these days!

Latest posts