JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swamt
No apology needed. And to be honest, I can’t remember saying that. But I have spoke quite a bit on insurance so I can’t recall everything I post. And you have to understand negotiations are constantly changing. What one of us from the team may think now, may drastically change from 6 months ago. That’s on any issue. Without saying too much about the insurance, we had option A, B, and C. Not going to go into all of them, and yes I know the ones on here that says we are definitely going to the AA insurance. Well I am one that is still saying, I don’t agree with that way of thinking. We have it now on the IAM side. And let’s not beat a dead horse. We all know everyone’s opinions on why we will or won’t go to the AA insurance. I guess that’s why they call it negotiations.

If I get what you’re saying right and you had option A, B or C to chose from? I’m very much looking forward to seeing what they came up with, which option you chose and how you arrived at your choice?

And I’m not going to speculate a guess right now as I really don’t care to be rude.

If I get what you’re saying right and you had option A, B or C to chose from? I’m very much looking forward to seeing what they came up with, which option you chose and how you arrived at your choice?

And I’m not going to speculate a guess right now as I really don’t care to be rude.
No we did not or do not have 3 options to choose from. I just meant that in the beginning there were different options or scenarios we were working on to present to the company. Insurance as everyone knows is a huge financial issue. So I would assume it will be tied in with scope and the rest of the finances, that we hopefully will start working on this coming week.
And before someone tells me what we have already, and what we have given up and what Sito already agreed on, yea yea yea, Ya da ya da ya da. Gets boring to hear all the time.

No we did not or do not have 3 options to choose from. I just meant that in the beginning there were different options or scenarios we were working on to present to the company. Insurance as everyone knows is a huge financial issue. So I would assume it will be tied in with scope and the rest of the finances, that we hopefully will start working on this coming week.
And before someone tells me what we have already, and what we have given up and what Sito already agreed on, yea yea yea, Ya da ya da ya da. Gets boring to hear all the time.

Yes but the (acorn) plans on making you the lead negotiator removing all the asshats, pimps and ponies, slogs and Stews that are bogging things down.

Just please don’t let him in there. He doesn’t read even his own contract.

Swamt
No apology needed. And to be honest, I can’t remember saying that. But I have spoke quite a bit on insurance so I can’t recall everything I post. And you have to understand negotiations are constantly changing. What one of us from the team may think now, may drastically change from 6 months ago. That’s on any issue. Without saying too much about the insurance, we had option A, B, and C. Not going to go into all of them, and yes I know the ones on here that says we are definitely going to the AA insurance. Well I am one that is still saying, I don’t agree with that way of thinking. We have it now on the IAM side. And let’s not beat a dead horse. We all know everyone’s opinions on why we will or won’t go to the AA insurance. I guess that’s why they call it negotiations.
NP CB. I do understand. We will wait. I too have heard both sides claiming it will go LAA or LUS. I would think if LUS's medical is superior then I would want my NC to fight for that one. I also understand that the co. will try to offset any future cost increase to the medical and changing insurance field. It would be great if the NC could get the best of each contract into the new JCBA for all groups within the contract. Good luck to you and your fellow negotiators at the table, and I do appreciate your responses as always.

NP CB. I do understand. We will wait. I too have heard both sides claiming it will go LAA or LUS. I would think if LUS's medical is superior then I would want my NC to fight for that one. I also understand that the co. will try to offset any future cost increase to the medical and changing insurance field. It would be great if the NC could get the best of each contract into the new JCBA for all groups within the contract. Good luck to you and your fellow negotiators at the table, and I do appreciate your responses as always.
Dont believe the fake news. There is and will be only one option....lus health care here to stay. No deal making with 3 scenerios....wont happen when we remove sito. No reason for our health care to be lost. It survived bankruptcy so its just fake news and sad for others to lump it into other issues.

I blocked them from giving away your health care when i forced new elections and secured our health care 1 more year. They wont ta the AiP until they get reelected but they wont get reelected. Not happening. Sito will be gone and baskett will be in executive sessions. There isnt any deal between me and mark. But lus will finally have its own fleet service in executive negotiations instead of 2 mechanics.
Ill secure many many nominations in january and many endorsements in february and win in april.
We will finally be able to build this union thru organizing and massive member participation thru so many things including virtual union meetings, electronic voting, online wimp classes, retiree mentoring etc.

Dont believe the fake news. There is and will be only one option....lus health care here to stay. No deal making with 3 scenerios....wont happen when we remove sito. No reason for our health care to be lost. It survived bankruptcy so its just fake news and sad for others to lump it into other issues.

I blocked them from giving away your health care when i forced new elections and secured our health care 1 more year. They wont ta the AiP until they get reelected but they wont get reelected. Not happening. Sito will be gone and baskett will be in executive sessions. There isnt any deal between me and mark. But lus will finally have its own fleet service in executive negotiations instead of 2 mechanics.
Ill secure many many nominations in january and many endorsements in february and win in april.
We will finally be able to build this union thru organizing and massive member participation thru so many things including virtual union meetings, electronic voting, online wimp classes, retiree mentoring etc.

Yea but you’ve promised all of this over and over and over and over for near 30 years now and it just never happens.

You should try a new Hobby. You’re just terrible at this one. Terrible.

Tim you have some serious delusions of grandeur.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

How many elections at the District and International level have you lost?

LUS fleet service needs a LUS Fleet service in each and every executive negotiations. Instead we ae the only group left out again just like in 1995 when mechanics were the only ones. Presently we only have 2 MX representing our interest on the executive team. That is wrong.

The current contract has not been enforced. Management does whatever it wants to regarding bids and schedules that affect all of us. That is wrong.

I have 37 candidates for a District Election. Consider them when you vote on endorsing them on February 10th.

Further, the IAM is dying, corrupt, and filled with nepotism. visit www.buildabetterunion.com and learn more

There is a Grand Lodge Election. I have 9 candidates. Consider them on February 10th when your Local has a nomination endorsement vote.

The Nomination endorsements for both the Grand Lodge elections and the District Elections happen on the same day, February 10th. You can kill two birds with one stone at 6a-8a or 6p-8p by voting on both ballots. As a truncated "Build a Better Union" Team platform for the Grand Lodge elections, consider the following:

1. Electronic Voting: Summer special convention to pass this
2. Virtual Union Hall: Summer special convention to pass this
3. Online Wimpinsinger Classes: We can't keep having the same peeps hog up all classes
4. Negotiators. Only those individuals who come under a particular contract will be able to negotiate that contract (Summer special convention)
5. Politics: US Presidential endorsement vote by all members. NOT the executive council
6. Prohibition on Nepotism
7. Elimination of paid receipts: alcohol, first class flying, lavish hotels
8. Restructure Dues. More dues to Locals
9. Voluntarily recognize a union for all those on Grand Lodge dime (At least half payment). Presently, we only have GLR's and some secretaries with representation. This would include AGC's as well. This prevents bullying and allows our staff to do their job. Just cause and arbitration.

See our presentation at www.buildabetterunion.com

What leverage does IAM/TWU have NOW?

Both sides all ready sigh off on an interim agreement

Both current contacts are not amendable yet

Already sign off on cross utilization procedures

Wage and pension increases already done

http://www.usaamerger.com/wp-conten...cuted20AA20Fleet20Pay20Adujustment20LOA-2.pdf

Just saying
You had zero leverage.

The anti-trust suit had zero to do with your Negotiations and the majority of your workforce weren’t under a CBA.

The leverage we have is the synergies.

In Maintenance still can’t work each other’s metal in heavy maintenance.

And the IAM lack of a JCBA is holding up Parker’s and other executives bonus.

And they can’t do one bid and the like as none of the IAM and TWU workforce has been intergrated.

Still two totally different payroll and personnel departments.

There is no interim agreement signed off on. They only signed off on an interim wage increase.

Scope, Retirement, Wages, and Insurance are all still open items in negotiations

Business as usual? Absolutely not.

I’m not saying it’s not a bad thing both sides have their current CBA. TWU-IAM Association and company did reach an interim wage agreement to provide wage and pension increases and job security enhancements.

Maybe this it the path CWA/IBT should have gone down.

You had zero leverage.

The anti-trust suit had zero to do with your Negotiations and the majority of your workforce weren’t under a CBA.

The leverage we have is the synergies.

In Maintenance still can’t work each other’s metal in heavy maintenance.

And the IAM lack of a JCBA is holding up Parker’s and other executives bonus.

Labor unrest and a labor dispute with two powerful large unions in section 6 negotiations that represents the group that deals directly with Passengers at the ticket counters, gates, baggage service, reservation call centers at the largest airline in the world. All while the companies try to get a single operating certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration and the US Department of Justice (DOJ) along with six States and the District of Columbia filed a lawsuit seeking to block the US Airways-American Airlines merger. The lawsuit claimed that the merger will increase fares, reduce competition and result in service cuts hurting the public.

You better believe the companies wanted CWA/IBT onboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back