JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new bulletin is out. Doesn't sound like Fleet did much at all again. I don't understand why they are not even mentioning what Fleet is doing for the last updates. I do not think it is a good sign though.

FC369EEA-78DA-45B3-AA5D-FDFDB39B1384.jpeg

The new bulletin is out. Doesn't sound like Fleet did much at all again. I don't understand why they are not even mentioning what Fleet is doing for the last updates. I do not think it is a good sign though.
I think it’s clear that both groups will have an agreement at the same time or neither willl .thats my opinion anyway

I think it’s clear that both groups will have an agreement at the same time or neither willl .thats my opinion anyway

Thumbs up.

And rumor has it that Tim and his teams got completely destroyed ridiculously.

Last edited:
I don't see why fleet is even going to negotiations if they are not going to do anything. If maintenance was done, I would not want thousands of them waiting on us. I have no idea if we are done though. It is hard to tell much on the TWU side as almost no information outside these bulletins is shared. From what I read here, the IAM is sharing a lot more information. That only makes this all the more frustrating.

I don't see why fleet is even going to negotiations if they are not going to do anything. If maintenance was done, I would not want thousands of them waiting on us. I have no idea if we are done though. It is hard to tell much on the TWU side as almost no information outside these bulletins is shared. From what I read here, the IAM is sharing a lot more information. That only makes this all the more frustrating.

This is the IAMs shtick which they credit to William O’Driscoll at TWA-making other groups wait for classifications that are still in negotiations:

“When TWA contracts for Mechanic & Related and Customer Service employees were settled and included the IAM National Pension Plan, but TWA executives declined to agree to pensions for Flight Attendants, Bill refused to vote the ground personnel agreements,” said GVP Pantoja. “Instead, he prepared the entire membership to strike to support TWA Flight Attendants, a move that guaranteed the Flight Attendants achieved pensions when the airline cowered.”

https://www.goiam.org/news/territories/transportation/iam-mourns-passing-of-william-odriscoll/

Josh

As a mechanic I don’t want anyone waiting either. It’s ridiculous y’all could be reviewing and deciding how to vote. I guess that makes to much sense

All went in together, all supported each other and all will finish this up and come out together.

“All for one, one for all”

Fleet is not done. And just because you do not see any new T/a,s doesn’t mean good progress wasn’t made for fleet. There was much discussion on the fleet side this past week. Maybe you don’t remember me saying that your not going to see a lot of individual t/a,s from fleet now. We are going to see most if not all of financial issues fall in place all at one time. Or pretty much at one time.

Last edited:
These updates from the Association simply put are pathetic, completely and utterly pathetic!

Fleet is not done. And just because you do not see any new T/a,s doesn’t mean good progress wasn’t made for fleet. There was much discussion on the fleet side this past week. Maybe you don’t remember me saying that your not going to see a lot of individual t/a,s from fleet now. We are going to see most if not all of financial issues fall in place all at one time. Or pretty much at one time.
You guys have more discussions with your company, than we do at SWA, this whole time , including mediation 2 to 3-days a month. Then last August of 2017, after not much progress, they didn't meet again till Jan 2018. You guys may be frustrated but at least you get real meeting time. No wonder we are at almost 6 years.

You guys have more discussions with your company, than we do at SWA, this whole time , including mediation 2 to 3-days a month. Then last August of 2017, after not much progress, they didn't meet again till Jan 2018. You guys may be frustrated but at least you get real meeting time. No wonder we are at almost 6 years.

The problem we have though is Members don’t (can’t really) know what the Company has offered and why the process then in their minds is taking so long. The reason they can’t know ahead of time is because we all have our own opinions of what we find acceptable and what we would pass or fail.

Take for instance (You’ve been reading here) the issue of the CS (Swap shift) and rumored OT changes coming. As a single vote in the collective I could care less about those changes. I don’t work extra to supplement any standard of chosen living. Others here argue that the changes will be devastating and they can’t stand them. Well they may vote differently from me then I guess?

As far as frustrations. Well what the hell ya gonna do. It is what it is I say in my most flippant of responses. Frustrated people maybe should get some medication or something.

That's really absurd to go that long without any negotiations. Was any reason for this given to the members?

Your post was more informative than the update we received. Since the unions made their proposal to the company on financial issues I as I'm sure others are very interested to hear the company's response. Mostly just waiting to see if they will honor their previous statements made long ago, or if they give us the run around. Trying to be positive about it but have very little trust in mgmt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back